Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Crystals & Gemstones (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   Seaglass (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=136028)

Hilary 28-06-2020 01:56 PM

Seaglass

So, I'm new to crystals, but I'm a avid seaglasser. I was wondering what your thoughts are on the spiritual properties (if there are any) of seaglass? I know they don't have the rich history, technically man-made, and aren't as old, but they can be quite unique, beautiful, and colorful. And very rare. Nature has transformed these little pieces of trash into treasures for us.

For example, I have a piece of uranium beach glass (depression glass) that glows under a black light, beautiful lavender "sic" glass that changed color from reacting to sunlight, deep cobalts, etc. I love to make jewelry out of my pieces.

Thoughts?

BigJohn 28-06-2020 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hilary
So, I'm new to crystals, but I'm a avid seaglasser. I was wondering what your thoughts are on the spiritual properties (if there are any) of seaglass? I know they don't have the rich history, technically man-made, and aren't as old, but they can be quite unique, beautiful, and colorful. And very rare. Nature has transformed these little pieces of trash into treasures for us.

For example, I have a piece of uranium beach glass (depression glass) that glows under a black light, beautiful lavender "sic" glass that changed color from reacting to sunlight, deep cobalts, etc. I love to make jewelry out of my pieces.

Thoughts?

I love the yellow Uranium sea glass. I have several pieces.

Odd to see that somebody else has found these unique discoveries. Welcome.

Sylmar 29-06-2020 08:14 AM

I have no experience with Sea Glass but Diane Stein writes this in her book:

"Promotes awareness of one's connection with all other people and Be-ings, knowing all life is one life. Connects with the sea, sea creatures and ocean Goddesses, according to the element of water. Promotes reception of messages from dolphins, whales, and sea turtles. Aids knowing that all life comes from the sea. Promotes protecting the sea and sea life - water environmentalism. Offers knowledge and fond memories of the womb. Sooths and calms."

Hilary 29-06-2020 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigJohn
I love the yellow Uranium sea glass. I have several pieces.

Odd to see that somebody else has found these unique discoveries. Welcome.

They are beautiful aren't they? I found mine hiding in the seaweed after a topical storm blew through our area.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sylmar
I have no experience with Sea Glass but Diane Stein writes this in her book:

"Promotes awareness of one's connection with all other people and Be-ings, knowing all life is one life. Connects with the sea, sea creatures and ocean Goddesses, according to the element of water. Promotes reception of messages from dolphins, whales, and sea turtles. Aids knowing that all life comes from the sea. Promotes protecting the sea and sea life - water environmentalism. Offers knowledge and fond memories of the womb. Sooths and calms."

Thanks Sylmar, interesting thoughts.

One other story about seaglass I'd like to share. One time my mom was beach glassing, and came across a baby turtle who was struggling (I don't remember the full story, he might have been stuck). She helped him to the water. As she turned back to the beach, she immediately found a full bottle bottom, fully weathered, kelly green color. It looked like a turtle shell.

Is that not a divine blessing? :)