Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Nature (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Ahhhhh.... Peace... (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=134257)

Elfin 13-03-2020 12:05 PM

Ahhhhh.... Peace...

Hi all. So this morning I needed to go shopping, which wouldn't be so bad in itself, except with world events at this moment in time , as in coronavirus , it's daunting to even go through the doors, wondering whether they have any toilet rolls ...yet !! But I also know and appreciate the fact that I am so lucky because in order to get to the store , I can walk along the beach. This morning I did just that. The tide was just going out. The sand was smooth... Perfect... Un-touched... Until I put my clumsy feet on it!!! But that's the point.. no other marks...no footprints, no dog paw marks. Just mine. It did make me think of the "footprints" verse...which I love... But it made me think more of being like Robinson Crusoe on my very own island, in my very own existence...and that was a lovely feeling.. just me , myself , I , at that moment in time.....

Ciona 13-03-2020 11:28 PM

I'll be at the beach soon also, minding my own business. I was thinking about that yesterday. :)

Elfin 14-03-2020 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ciona
I'll be at the beach soon also, minding my own business. I was thinking about that yesterday. :)

Hi, I just love the beach so much. It's where I find peace.

feather 15-03-2020 02:40 PM

Love your post Elfin. I can image how your charming walk on the beach was peaceful and soothing - - - and a great escape (mentally/spiritually) from our toilet tissue driven societies!! There is something about the vastness and mystery of the ocean that helps put life in perspective. Nature is a healing teacher.

Elfin 16-03-2020 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by feather
Love your post Elfin. I can image how your charming walk on the beach was peaceful and soothing - - - and a great escape (mentally/spiritually) from our toilet tissue driven societies!! There is something about the vastness and mystery of the ocean that helps put life in perspective. Nature is a healing teacher.

Ahhh thank you feather...it doesn't take much does it for one to "escape"... To experience the peace..if only for a moment , on a deserted beach, a wild meadow, a stream...heaven!!! But even i at this moment in time have to ask .." where exactly HAVE all the toilet rolls gone!!!!! Bless you.

Native spirit 16-03-2020 11:42 PM

I Love the beach but im nowhere near one.where i live i am surrounded by Mountains, fields and woods,
I used to love just siting on a fallen tree in the woods being at one with Nature.

Namaste

ocean breeze 17-03-2020 09:28 PM

To be at peace even in the mist of chaos.

Elfin 28-03-2020 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Native spirit
I Love the beach but im nowhere near one.where i live i am surrounded by Mountains, fields and woods,
I used to love just siting on a fallen tree in the woods being at one with Nature.

Namaste

Ahhhhhh.... To be around nature of any kind... The beach, mountains, wild meadows...heaven... Amywhere that brings a moment of peace is precious beyond words.

Elfin 28-03-2020 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ocean breeze
To be at peace even in the mist of chaos.

Hi.. and we can always have a moment of peace. Many people feel they dont have " time" for peace because life is too busy...there is always time..

hallow 28-03-2020 02:16 PM

I love the views of lake Michigan and the forest around me but often dream of laying in the middle of a real prairie. Just to soak up the sun and hearing the grasses in the breeze. I really have to head out west again. Was west 4 years ago. It's a wonderful place too. You can Walk around and not get eaten by mosquitos.