Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Buddhism (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Question about karma (in Buddhism) (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=130384)

sophian 15-07-2019 10:58 AM

Question about karma (in Buddhism)

Hi,
I want to know, besides of practical good deeds or actions, how do buddhists cleanse the negative karma ?
(you could also suggest a book or a resource for reading...)
Thanks !
:)

Shaunc 15-07-2019 12:26 PM

You don't cleanse karma. Whatever you have done, said or thought these karmic consequence of that action will come to fruition at some stage.
We've all done wrong in our lives at some point, so all we can really do are some positive thoughts, words and deeds to try and accumulate some good karma to weigh up, or better still outweigh the bad karma.
Good luck and best wishes.

sky 15-07-2019 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sophian
Hi,
I want to know, besides of practical good deeds or actions, how do buddhists cleanse the negative karma ?
Thanks !

You can purify negative Karma Sophian :smile:
This article may help you,

http://viewonbuddhism.org/karma.html

Unseeking Seeker 15-07-2019 02:58 PM

Save vibrations as thought, word or deed initiated by pure loving intent, karma is generated. Rephrased, where the doer is, karma is. The doing as a non-doer attracts no karma.

Karmic rebound, in my view will take its own course. We may be immune from its effects however if we raise our vibrations in permanence to an octave above the self serving bandwidth.

First true forgiveness from the heart and then transcending the need to forgive since no injury is perceived in a mode of ego surrendered nonjudging loving acceptance possibly lessens the felt impact of karma. We experience & flow without stagnating in or amplifying the karmic event.

My take. I know nothing about Buddhist teachings ... these are just my views.

sophian 15-07-2019 07:27 PM

[quote=sky123]You can purify negative Karma Sophian :smile:
This article may help you,

"viewonbuddhism org/karma.html"

Thanks for this :)

sophian 15-07-2019 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaunc
You don't cleanse karma. Whatever you have done, said or thought these karmic consequence of that action will come to fruition at some stage.
We've all done wrong in our lives at some point, so all we can really do are some positive thoughts, words and deeds to try and accumulate some good karma to weigh up, or better still outweigh the bad karma.
Good luck and best wishes.

Still, Vajrasattva mantra is supposed to clean negative karma...
(although, there are many sites ,saying many different things...)

sophian 15-07-2019 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker

Save vibrations as thought, word or deed initiated by pure loving intent, karma is generated. Rephrased, where the doer is, karma is. The doing as a non-doer attracts no karma.

Karmic rebound, in my view will take its own course. We may be immune from its effects however if we raise our vibrations in permanence to an octave above the self serving bandwidth.

First true forgiveness from the heart and then transcending the need to forgive since no injury is perceived in a mode of ego surrendered nonjudging loving acceptance possibly lessens the felt impact of karma. We experience & flow without stagnating in or amplifying the karmic event.

My take. I know nothing about Buddhist teachings ... these are just my views.

Thanks for your comment. 🕊️

Gem 20-07-2019 10:28 PM

Gem 20-07-2019 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sophian
Hi,
Thanks !

Hi. According to Buddhist philosophy kamma is the volition. Some like to say it is the acting out of volition, but Buddhism is concerned with the cessation of suffering, and therefore the volition which is 'cause'. The difference is, in kammic philosophy, the cause is not an effect. This means that the manifest circumstances of the moment are caused by, but do not affect, the volition, but because people are conditioned to be adverse to discomfort and crave pleasure they are continually compelled to perpetuate volition, which is kamma, by the reactivity of their minds.

www.buddhanet.net/pdf_file/volition.pdf

sophian 22-07-2019 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gem
Hi. According to Buddhist philosophy kamma is the volition. Some like to say it is the acting out of volition, but Buddhism is concerned with the cessation of suffering, and therefore the volition which is 'cause'. The difference is, in kammic philosophy, the cause is not an effect. This means that the manifest circumstances of the moment are caused by, but do not affect, the volition, but because people are conditioned to be adverse to discomfort and crave pleasure they are continually compelled to perpetuate volition, which is kamma, by the reactivity of their minds.

www.buddhanet.net/pdf_file/volition.pdf

Very interesting, thanks for this.