Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Angels & Guides (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   How do you know your guides? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=12847)

Sarian 19-03-2011 01:17 PM

How do you know your guides?

I'm at a loss of how to title this. I was looking at another thread somewhere where someone wanted permission to talk to other's guides. I wouldn't mind, but I would like to talk to mine as well lol. I know that I have them, because of things I have learned and ways I've been guided, but I don't have this 'personal' relationship as I see others have with theirs. The 'knowing' they are there all the time, the names and who/what they are. How do you find out things like this?

I shouldn't say I don't have a personal relationship. I believe that I do, but again, not to the extent of knowing their history, their names. I don't know how to hear them all the time. Am I making any sense at all?:confused:

Orbie 19-03-2011 01:31 PM

You do make sense, dont worry :smile: many feel what you express. I feel everyone's connection with their guide is unique. Dont fall into the trap of trying to make others' experience fit or match yours. Dont look for it, just live your life, find the balance and trust in them and more importantly perhaps, yourself. Good luck x

LightFilledHeart 19-03-2011 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarian
I'm at a loss of how to title this. I was looking at another thread somewhere where someone wanted permission to talk to other's guides. I wouldn't mind, but I would like to talk to mine as well lol. I know that I have them, because of things I have learned and ways I've been guided, but I don't have this 'personal' relationship as I see others have with theirs. The 'knowing' they are there all the time, the names and who/what they are. How do you find out things like this?

I shouldn't say I don't have a personal relationship. I believe that I do, but again, not to the extent of knowing their history, their names. I don't know how to hear them all the time. Am I making any sense at all?:confused:

Hi Sarian :hug3:

I would say that the relationship with spirit guides is a very subtle one. Don't look for their communication to hit you over the head with a two by four! Mostly it is thought impresses planted in your mind, along with various other means of drawing your attention to a particular message (a song lyric, a billboard, a passage in a book, etc.).

As for names and "history", do you really care? Is it needful or necessary to know? I have never been overly concerned with the names or history of my guides... I'm far more interested in recieving their guidance! For one thing, a person's guides change over a lifetime. At one point in time your evolution and needs may require a guide adept in a particular area of teaching, with another being substituted when that changes. Spirit guides have specialties and areas of expertise just as doctors and teachers and other service-oriented individuals do. As I understand it, we all have one guide who has been with us from the time souls were first cast and who remains with us for as long as we continue to incarnate into flesh. That individual is so close to us, knows us so well and is known TO us so well that he/she often feels like a mere extension of our own self speaking to us (not to be confused with the Higher Self!). Our other guides rotate and change as we progress through the various stages of life and spiritual development, depending on our needs of the moment. As I said, I've never been overly concerned with "names". For me, it's enough to feel and sense their presence and to see tangible evidence that they are indeed providing guidance when called upon to do so. I'm told they do not and will not interfere without our giving explicit permission for them to do so, consciously or otherwise. Even the awareness that one HAS spirit guides is a step up the spiritual ladder. Edgar Cayce pointed out that even the right to believe in reincarnation has to be earned :wink:

Sarian 19-03-2011 02:07 PM

Thank you, Orbie and Lightfilledheart!

I think it was because in some of my reading here, so many people knew names and histories and I wondered if maybe I didn't have a close a relationship as I would like?

I will give you some experiences I have had and they mean so much to me. I wish I could remember all the places I have posted things, it gets so confusing here... I have so many experiences I would like to share, some, at this time of my life, I think I have to hold off, but in time...

Ever since I was a child, I felt different and when I was beaten down, it was always like I was picked up and dusted off and sent on my way again. I have these experiences when I am out in nature especially and the time when I am half asleep/half awake...and if something was on my heart or mind or I was troubled about something seeking an answer, during these times, it was like I was flooded with thoughts, words, not my own, but amazing and wonderful and profound even. Sometimes when I was out in nature, I would be reduced to tears of joy and feel this estatic feeling overcoming me. All my senses were awakened.

sometimes in the evening, as I liked to write, I would feel overcome by something bigger than me, more insightful than I could ever imagine and I would just write, but it was like something else writing, I was just the vessel it used. I guess that probably all sounds outlandish, but they are my experiences and I treasure them. That's why I read things and many I can discard because they do not resonate within me, but others do, because they are my truths. May not be anyone else's experiences, but they are mine, so I hold true to them.

I never thought of them as guides though, but as I read, I think perhaps that's what they or it is...? Plus I have actually been guided to places and to find people, even guided to get a particular dog once out of the blue. I've been guided with imagines and words never to give up on someone or particular things.

A few times I have felt it imperative to give a word to a friend who was dealing with something and being taken to a 'bad' place. I saw vileness encapsulating him and I saw his future pain as it was already beginning. I felt while telling him all this, I felt the vileness, the pain, the colors I saw with my eyes were turning a sickly cast. For example, I was standing in the wooded section of my land and everything turned this ugly, sickly yellowish/green hue. I felt like vomiting, then it grew darker. My friend on the phone was feeling alarmed and needing to change himself, and he did and was thankful and it was a turning point. another time I was in the woods and I was besides myself with sorrow and I cried out for the heavenlies to show themselves (It was a term I used for lack of a better word) and I saw things, I heard things. It only lasted seconds, but everything shimmered with rainbows of light pinpoints and energy like you see heat resonating from hot roads, but this was moving through the air in the woods. I heard what sounded like singing and violins and cellos. It was weird, but amazing. I was on my knees weeping it was so beautiful. Sounds crazy, I know, but I had another experience like that at another time. And there have been times when I am out on the trails and birds and animals seem to be with me. Birds follow me in flight and hopping along. I have had deer come out and walk along with me in the forest, instead of running.

What is all that? I used to think maybe it was god, or is it god and angels and guides or all, or just guides? Sorry this is so long...I'm on a roll this morning, but thank you both so much for what you had to say

Lightfilledheart, I loved what you wrote regarding Edgar Cayce pointing out "even the right to believe in reincarnation has to be earned" I have an ongoing debate with someone I know I have known forever and he wants to know how come he doesn't know and why doesn't he believe in reincarnation...yet he is fearful to read... and yet he says things to me that even boggle his own mind...

Felynx 19-03-2011 04:44 PM

Theyre so much more personal to me that I dont even consider them the human defintition of "guides". We met billions of years ago and we were together for hundreds of years like a family before we all got killed one way or another. Time is different on our part of the astral plane. Sadly... sort of, none of you have any sort of access to our area to know the place I speak of, but anyways we've spent countless time there before something went wrong and I had to be reborn. They entered my life using a friend as a host body (whos spirit is gone now, its just them), kind of like possession but not so linear to the throwing up and climbing on walls ****. Since then we've resumed being a family just like before. I cant conceive of being so NOT personal with them, I mean- one of them is my wife!

Evaah 19-03-2011 11:58 PM

You know... I've sort of passed the "spirit guide hype" stage of my spiritual development. Since I'm younger, I was thrilled to learn of spirit guides (I heard of them at around 15/16) and spent so many months trying to communicate with them with few results. And although I did make a connection to one guide in particular, I'm barely aware of him now unless something peculiar catches my attention. My main focus in this present time is connecting with the Creator... It's been such a beautiful experience.

I think.. it's not my time to communicate with guides on a daily basis. I say this because whenever I would ask to see them in dreams, I either 1.) don't see them or 2.) don't remember my dream at all. And when I think about it (this is what I feel), guides and angels are still technically part of the Creator. So whenever I meditate, I see and feel guides, angels and Creator all together rather than individual entities.

You mentioned feeling "overcome by something bigger" than you when you write. Interesting - I get the same thing. I write and draw, and, depending on the piece, I often am aware of a subtle presence within me.. I love to channel Creator's energy into my work. Such beautiful feelings...

So I guess what I'm trying to say is that you'll develop relationships eventually. In my opinion, they're not imperative as long as you're picking up on the signs they're giving you. It takes baby steps.

~Ev :redface:

Toolite 20-03-2011 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarian

Meditate and when you connect to the realm ask the question.
All The Glory Belongs To God Forever!

Manahel.Fatima 21-03-2011 07:02 AM

ALLAH has always send guides in your life in many form toward you for help and to guide you on every step of your life.

GentleStrength 21-03-2011 08:02 AM

KNOW that your guides will always help you to the best of their abilities on your journey through life. If it is helpful to have a direct and regular connection with them then it will be there but if it isn't they will still be assisting you in other ways.

I had interactions with my guides when I was younger and I could feel that they wanted to be careful that I didn't become so focused on direct communication with them that I didn't pay attention to what was going on in my life. The most important thing is HERE and NOW, focusing on the moment and being the person you want to be, living the life you want to live.

Being able to dial up your guides and teachers for direct conversations is just a bonus IMHO. ;)

Love and Light

Xan 21-03-2011 10:12 AM

Sarian... Here's an article on Contacting Spirit Guides that may help you. http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=8493

Xan