Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Spiritual Development (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   coping with empathy and clairvoyance. (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=135963)

Gracey 22-06-2020 06:29 PM

coping with empathy and clairvoyance.

For about a week I kept having this desire to drink alcohol. I do not drink alcohol ever. Then after a week of having this feeling, I learned that my neighbors were going to have a big party and drank lots of alcohol. The urge to drink left me. Then the night of their party, I had to go pee every ten minutes. Not much, but felt like a lot. It dawned on me the next day that I was feeling everyone of the drunk peoples next door feelings of having to pee.

This is normal stuff for me for decades now. It took me a very long time not to act on thoughts and feelings that came over me and it also took a long time for me to realize they were not mine. Over the decades, I have learned to be patient and observe before reaction.

How have you learned to cope with this or do you have any questions?

Elfin 23-06-2020 05:42 AM

Hi, same with me! I worked with about 300 people in a building on a daily basis. Then it would happen that maybe twice a week I would start "slurring" my words . I thought I was getting ill or even having a stroke. Then I learnt that a person I came into contact with on certain days had a drink problem and it was always after I had spoken to him that my speech was affected. I was once on a bus and the bus stopped outside of shop that sold washing machines etc. I instantly saw a vision of a utility room, and an overwhelming feeling of sadness washed over me and I felt like I wanted to cry. I knew these were not my own emotions, but those of someone on the bus ...

BigJohn 23-06-2020 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elfin
Hi, same with me! I worked with about 300 people in a building on a daily basis. Then it would happen that maybe twice a week I would start "slurring" my words . I thought I was getting ill or even having a stroke. Then I learnt that a person I came into contact with on certain days had a drink problem and it was always after I had spoken to him that my speech was affected. I was once on a bus and the bus stopped outside of shop that sold washing machines etc. I instantly saw a vision of a utility room, and an overwhelming feeling of sadness washed over me and I felt like I wanted to cry. I knew these were not my own emotions, but those of someone on the bus ...

Sometimes I speak a different dialect and use my right hand to talk with. I am left handed. For me, I just sit back and enjoy the 'ride'.

Elfin 23-06-2020 06:21 AM

Hi John.. same with me. It's a gift I feel and therefore I just go with the flow. If I feel overwhelmed at any time I just go somewhere quiet until I have "settled" down. It can catch you off guard sometimes. When the supermarket shelves were empty at the start of this virus I walked round and I felt such a sense of hopelessness, despair, confusion from all the people around me who were quietly just ambling around , scratching their heads, looking at shopping lists then at the empty shelves. I myself was in control of my own feelings but picking up on all of theirs and 3 or 4 times my lips started to tremble and my eyes filled with tears , I had to really focus to hold back the emotion. I kept thinking "please don't cry, please don't cry, please don't cry.."

Gracey 23-06-2020 02:04 PM

Elfin, same here with the groceries stores when the virus first came out. When i felt the mass despair;

i did my best to send the most positive energy I could conjure and put it into the environment. I was the only happy person a couple of times.

Elfin 23-06-2020 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gracey
Elfin, same here with the groceries stores when the virus first came out. When i felt the mass despair;

i did my best to send the most positive energy I could conjure and put it into the environment. I was the only happy person a couple of times.

Awww....and wouldn't we want to have done that? . But we were dealing with all the thousands of people and we but one!! I am guessing that you are the same as me as in you want to give the whole world a group hug because of all the terrible things that happen. But we can only do what we do ... And in the meantime, even if we can't help all of the world, we still feel it and can maybe help the small amount of people around us.

Gracey 23-06-2020 06:05 PM

HI Elfin.

Yea, if only one person at a time and if only for a second. For me having this ability, I figure I might as well make some good use of it. For example, since grocery stores are in our conversation here, a few years ago i was standing in the check out line and there was a woman in one beside me. she was talking to her self, arguing with her self with lots of anger. so i silently sent her positive energy with intention. i watched her switch in that moment. her body relaxed, she smiled and she stopped arguing with herself. she then looked at me and waved. Empaths can be healers, that is why we have the ability to feel others emotions. And when you can hear the thoughts of others, you can send positive thoughts as well. I have done that before and saw good results.

asearcher 23-06-2020 06:15 PM

Hi! I really like reading what you have all written here on this topic/thread.
I have been over sensitive regarding "atmosphere" when going into different homes, at work etc. I have a co worker and even if he was in 2 rooms away I could feel he was not doing alright. So I would bug him ;) nobody else said anything or reacted, and I thought everyone could tell but thought it was not their business but then again he was hiding it well too. Later one day he came to me to say "How did you know?" and I went "Know what?". And he went on to explain how depressed he had been and that he had noticed I would check on him and would cheer him up by making my childish jokes, etc, that I would "see him" and make him feel appreciated at work. Truth was it was the only way I could cope through this, because I felt the feelings, I felt the pull, and I did not know what to do with myself. I felt sad. Anxious. Blue. And somehow I knew it wasn't from me. It came over there. From where he was. So I had to try to make him feel better so I would feel better, ha ha. So I can't tell if I was just being real selfish or the opposite. He is doing good nowadays :) not because of me, of course, but still he was real appreciated of it, which is nice. I would go "oh, stop it"

I do wonder how one is suppose to best deal with anger though? When someone is angry with you? that over all seem to be the toughest for me. I don't know how it is for everyone else?

Elfin 23-06-2020 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gracey
HI Elfin.

Yea, if only one person at a time and if only for a second. For me having this ability, I figure I might as well make some good use of it. For example, since grocery stores are in our conversation here, a few years ago i was standing in the check out line and there was a woman in one beside me. she was talking to her self, arguing with her self with lots of anger. so i silently sent her positive energy with intention. i watched her switch in that moment. her body relaxed, she smiled and she stopped arguing with herself. she then looked at me and waved. Empaths can be healers, that is why we have the ability to feel others emotions. And when you can hear the thoughts of others, you can send positive thoughts as well. I have done that before and saw good results.

Yes I agree.. we do heal others and that is such a wonderful feeling. Knowing that we help even just one single person is reward enough.

Elfin 23-06-2020 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asearcher
Hi! I really like reading what you have all written here on this topic/thread.
I have been over sensitive regarding "atmosphere" when going into different homes, at work etc. I have a co worker and even if he was in 2 rooms away I could feel he was not doing alright. So I would bug him ;) nobody else said anything or reacted, and I thought everyone could tell but thought it was not their business but then again he was hiding it well too. Later one day he came to me to say "How did you know?" and I went "Know what?". And he went on to explain how depressed he had been and that he had noticed I would check on him and would cheer him up by making my childish jokes, etc, that I would "see him" and make him feel appreciated at work. Truth was it was the only way I could cope through this, because I felt the feelings, I felt the pull, and I did not know what to do with myself. I felt sad. Anxious. Blue. And somehow I knew it wasn't from me. It came over there. From where he was. So I had to try to make him feel better so I would feel better, ha ha. So I can't tell if I was just being real selfish or the opposite. He is doing good nowadays :) not because of me, of course, but still he was real appreciated of it, which is nice. I would go "oh, stop it"

I do wonder how one is suppose to best deal with anger though? When someone is angry with you? that over all seem to be the toughest for me. I don't know how it is for everyone else?

Hi asearcher... Lovely quote about co-worker. We don't do it for thanks either do we? But yes .the bit about when people get angry with us. That for me is hard to deal with too as I am so caring towards others and strive to only ever be nice to people . But if someone shouts at me or gets angry , even a customer , I will hold it in till I get home then cry my eyes out and can take me a couple of days to get over it. But the positives far outweigh the negatives!!!!