Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   General Religion (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   God is REAL? Wow... (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=134864)

Honza 15-04-2020 01:38 PM

God is REAL? Wow...

I find it difficult to believe that God is real. I mean come on; how could He be? I spend my whole life wishing He existed. Lost on earth somewhere. Wondering through traffic and bad weather.

Is He real to you?

I find the whole I AM thing of self realisation such a turn off. If God was to exist then surely He would be greater than self realisation. The thing is I NEVER sought to realise myself. I was happy to lose myself in others and love.

Self realisation is such an anti-climax.

I HOPE GOD IS REAL!!!

ketzer 15-04-2020 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Honza
I find it difficult to believe that God is real. I mean come on; how could He be? I spend my whole life wishing He existed. Lost on earth somewhere. Wondering through traffic and bad weather.

Is He real to you?

I find the whole I AM thing of self realisation such a turn off. If God was to exist then surely He would be greater than self realisation. The thing is I NEVER sought to realise myself. I was happy to lose myself in others and love.

I HOPE GOD IS REAL!!!

He? Perhaps it is a matter of looking too hard for a particular thing. Sometimes I think I know what something should look like, but really I don't.
Therefor I don't recognize it even when it has been there all along, right in front of my nose. I just keep looking right past it searching for my preconceived image of the thing I am looking for.

Are you sure you know what God looks like?

“When someone seeks," said Siddhartha, "then it easily happens that his eyes see only the thing that he seeks, and he is able to find nothing, to take in nothing because he always thinks only about the thing he is seeking,....”
― Herman Hesse, Siddhartha

Honza 15-04-2020 03:43 PM

Possibly. But I am not looking for a particular 'thing'....God would be unmistakable if I found Him.

ketzer 15-04-2020 03:48 PM

Quote:

Possibly. But I am not looking for a particular 'thing'....God would be unmistakable if I found Him.

Well then, good luck with your search. I am curious though, are you sure God would be a "him" if you did find God?

Molearner 15-04-2020 07:51 PM

Quote:

Is He real to you?

I HOPE GOD IS REAL!!!

Honda,

The point of focus is important.....I would suggest focusing on Christ realization instead of self realization. There is a vast difference, lMO.

inavalan 15-04-2020 07:53 PM

Quote:

Is He real to you?

I HOPE GOD IS REAL!!!

Ask your inner source of knowledge!

Honza 16-04-2020 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ketzer
I am curious though, are you sure God would be a "him" if you did find God?

Not at all. It is just a figure of speech.

NoOne 16-04-2020 09:36 AM

It depends on what God means to you.

I have a relationship with the Goddess and she is real alright.

God, the father is a more distant and inscrutable presence and that is what Monotheists means when they talk about God. I would say that he is pretty unfathomable to us.

However, the Goddess is a different matter and you can have a very close relationship with her, if you so choose. The difference and distinction between God and Goddess is not immediately apparent, but it is a very important one and in Christianity, it is expressed as the Father and the Holy Ghost. The latter is what enables you to connect to the former, because it can be present in you in a fairly physical sense.

You hear Christians talk about being overcome by the Holy Spirit and that is a very real thing, which is also connected to various apparitions and visitations by the Holy Mother (or, the Queen of Heaven as I relate to her), which is again a different aspect of the same force.

I know this is complicated, but my point is that the female side of God is the most approachable and the one that is most likely to yield tangible results in whatever way you choose to connect and relate to her. We live in a Dual world and the non-Dual aspect of God is unfathomable to us, therefore we must deal with the Dualistic emanation of the original prime mover, the Source or One Infinite Creator, whichever way you way you want characterise, that which cannot be characterised.

So, I would advise you to seek out the female aspect of God and pray to her in that manner and this works across all cultures and religions, because most of them recognise the importance of this approach. What is Shakti in the East is the Holy Spirit in Christianity and the Shekinah in Judaism. She is actually a power and a divine force that is already inside you, assume that it is real and can hear you (which she can), suspend your disbelief for a minute and approach her with an open mind and open heart. If you do that, she will respond to you in some way and let her presence be known.

Good luck

Honza 16-04-2020 01:00 PM

Great advice NoOne. I have a relationship with the Goddess too. However it is as tenuous as my relationship with Christ or Yahweh.

The things is that I do sense God; but this sense of God is hazy and somehow vague. I wish He was more apparent. It gives me something to do.

Elfin 17-04-2020 11:12 AM

Hi... It's strange though , don't you think? That whatever our beliefs , when push comes to shove, in a moment of danger , he is the one we turn to first? I can only re-call the time I was on fire...... I didn't shout out to just "anyone"...it was God. And it wasn't a conscious thought. I just screamed "Please God , Help Me.."...