Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Exercise (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   The Benefits of Running (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=13310)

Kureigu 27-03-2011 10:27 AM

The Benefits of Running

They are truly amazing, In january 2010 i couldnt run a mile, now i can run 9/10 miles without stopping, av done really well for myself, wish there was more and more people running and doing something about there health rather than sitting in pubs allday getiing tipsy.

Edited by SF Staff

CJ82Sky 29-03-2011 03:53 PM

id love to run but other than on my wii fit balance board on the cushioned apartment, with bad knees it's out of he question :( actually since my knee flared up yet again, it's been almost 3 weeks since i was able to do my wii fit and i miss it!

BlueSky 29-03-2011 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kureigu
They are truly amazing, In january 2010 i couldnt run a mile, now i can run 9/10 miles without stopping, av done really well for myself, wish there was more and more people running and doing something about there health rather than sitting in pubs allday getiing tipsy.

What if they run to the pub? lol

Congratulations on your achievement. :smile:

james

NatanEpsilon 29-03-2011 04:53 PM

Running is great. We develop spiritually but we forget abut our Earthly Vehicle - the Body. In healthy body - healthy spirit.

Laus82 29-03-2011 08:45 PM

I love running too. Started last year when going through a bad time. Couldn't run far at all but now i can do 10k and more! its addictive and more people should do it!

Kureigu 29-03-2011 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteShaman
What if they run to the pub? lol

Congratulations on your achievement. :smile:

james

Thank you brother :hug3:

Kureigu 29-03-2011 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laus82
I love running too. Started last year when going through a bad time. Couldn't run far at all but now i can do 10k and more! its addictive and more people should do it!

It really is! i love it so much

Kureigu 29-03-2011 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJ82Sky
id love to run but other than on my wii fit balance board on the cushioned apartment, with bad knees it's out of he question :( actually since my knee flared up yet again, it's been almost 3 weeks since i was able to do my wii fit and i miss it!

Sorry about your knees, maybe you should try and see a Physio therapist?

Hope they get better! :cool:

Greg 07-04-2011 06:28 PM

My mum bought me a gym membership for my birthday, which was cool, so I've been going there a bit. Also swimming alot but would like to do more running. I find myself procrastinating on it a lot. I want to lose weight though cos my anti depressants have made me gain quite a bit of weight. PLus I've read all about the endorphine highs that people can get.

Spiritlite 07-04-2011 09:03 PM

Fristly congrats.......I'm no runner I have a raelly weak ankle where if I mess it up anymore they say I need surgery, plus I don't have the body for a runner, instead I swim. So I can kind of see where you're coming from, I remember first swimming after not doing so for years and building up to a mile (which takes 40 minutes) it's such a great feeling, I admire runners.
Spiritlite.