Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Natural Remedies (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   Desperate - help needed with sinus, cough and colds (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111972)

Antheia 23-03-2017 05:51 PM

Desperate - help needed with sinus, cough and colds

Hi there all

I have had a cold since December and I am getting desperate. I have suffered from sinus congestion for a long time now and have a constant nasal drip. I use a saline wash regularly and take vitamins and minerals.

Several weeks ago I finally succumbed to the winter colds going around and ended up with Bronchitis. I tried everything, including high potency garlic and oregano oil, etc, etc to clear it, but finally had to get antibiotics.

The bronchitis has cleared now, but I am still coughing. The sinus and nasal drip are as bad as ever. My body hurts, I am tired and just not getting over this.

I am getting pretty desperate, to be honest. Any thoughts?

Also, I am taking a good probiotic, but what else can I do to help my body recover after the antibiotics?

Lucky 1 24-03-2017 02:31 AM

Olive leaf extract contains a naturally occurring chemical component called alouropein......which has powerful antiviral action including being lethal to the various herpes viruses. ....it disrupts how the viruses propagate themselves on the cellular level.

My fav brand is Barleans olive leaf complex. ....its a liquid

Podshell 24-03-2017 06:23 AM

I use raw garlic and onions in foods, grated lemon (with peel ) ginger and clove tea as hot as possible usually works for me, echanacia tablets,eucalyptus oil vapours, anti biotics and steroids if all else fails.

Antheia 24-03-2017 04:32 PM

Thanks guys. I actually found these tabs at the health shop that contain garlic, oregano oil, clove, olive leaf extract and a whole bunch of other things. I really thought it would work, but it hasn't.

Podshell 24-03-2017 04:43 PM

I used to use garlic tablets but I don't think in that form they have much potency, especially the ones that have had the garlic smell removed.

Silver 24-03-2017 04:48 PM

Echinacea & Goldenseal

Tobi 26-03-2017 01:44 AM

Echinacea, yes. But I always use the tincture of 'Echinacea Angustifolia'.
Golden Seal is a good idea. It is very expensive! But good stuff.
Garlic capsules, maybe not. Raw fresh organic Garlic is better. Always make sure there is a tiny green strip in the middle of the clove. Then it's the good stuff! Crush it first and stand for 5 minutes (to release and activate the allicin) then eat raw with food. It goes well with some bread and honey. 1-2 cloves 3 times a day. Never mind 'garlic breath'. You are not in a popularity contest. You just want to clear some catarrh!

Silver 26-03-2017 02:08 AM

There's a grocery here called Sprouts and they carry their own brand of Echinacea & Goldenseal that I always get - I guess it's a tincture and you use the dropper to add it to water or juice - I put it in a shot glass with some water usually. It's about $10.00 per bottle. Works great for me.

Shaunc 26-03-2017 03:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Podshell
I use raw garlic and onions in foods, grated lemon (with peel ) ginger and clove tea as hot as possible usually works for me, echanacia tablets,eucalyptus oil vapours, anti biotics and steroids if all else fails.

I'll second this

Golden Angel 26-03-2017 03:50 PM

I would suggest Ravensara essential oil add a few drops onto a tissue and inhale it is very good for coughs and colds, i would also suggest Hopi Ear candling or reflexology which will help with your sinuses and cough you could have a look on youtube for the reflexes on the feet for the sinuses and the lungs & self massage these areas, also cut down any dairy products intake as dairy creates more mucous. I hope this helps.
Love GA x