Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Death & The Afterlife (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   encouraging accidental suicide (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=33695)

res 09-04-2012 07:35 AM

encouraging accidental suicide

I feel compelled to raise this issue in regard to people that will encourage accidental suicide. Meaning people that encourage others to take risks to better their chances at dieing sooner in hopes of returning to gods loving arms and this place called heaven where people skip everywhere they go around eating cotton candy and giving out hugs when you arrive at the pearly gates.

I have seen people encouraging this within these forums which reminds of a certain groups that encourage people to carry bombs into public places in some sort of sacrificial rite that will ensure their entry back in to gods house and carry out gods apocaliptic vision.

Do people actually realise that they are advising someones mother/ father, sister or brother, son or daughter? what if it turns out it is their own son ,daughter or mother or father that they encourage to take risks and succeed. Do they consider the persons age, mental health and responsibilities to the children that have been brought in to this world by them? I think not and i feel that a line should be drawn and that people that encourage suicide in any form should be banned from associating with what could be minors and unbalanced persons maybe even you own family in these forums.

They say that the greatest deciet that ever was, was the devil convincing the world that he didnt exist. If he did exist no one would follow him toward evil and rather he would lead you toward a lie. Could these people that lead others toward merrygo rounds and lollie pops handed out by supermodels with wings in the heavens be acting on evils behalf and the real deciet is that there is no heaven for those that have the slightest intention of taking their own life or maybe no heaven at all.

What actions can we take as responsible adults to protect the impressionable innocent souls on this site against people that will assist them in certain tragedy. Especially in this forum on death and the afterlife?

Do any moderators or admin have any suggestions? Is there a duty of care?

Do any of you fellow SF-ers have any suggestions?

CatChild 09-04-2012 07:46 AM

While I can understand your reasons for being concerned (and I am well aware of the thread that inspired you to write This one), it Might be better received if you were to state your concerns with less display of your emotional response. (That makes it seem and read as very personal). It Might make the replies less conflicting if that makes sense at all?

I too feel concern about anyone mentioning the word 'dying', yet at the same time, I have myself, felt like the life that I was currently living was ironically killing me slowly.

Yes we need to Live in a way that sheds the societal programming, but I still feel strongly that we need to remain accountable in part to our loved ones. In other words, make those life changes, RESPONSIBLY.

Perhaps if we see threads sharing content of 'dying' in a certain life or way of living, a PM to staff would be the best place to start, followed by a brief post expressing your thoughts/concerns and then suggestion to make a plan for the life change to ensure that everyone stays safe etc.

A PM to the member in question that would express further detail (your emotions etc) would be better than sharing that passion on the open forum.

This is my opinion and I thank you for caring enough to make this thread.

~ C.

res 09-04-2012 08:29 AM

Yes i agree that emotion got the better of me and you are right to highlight that Catchild, my apologies to anyone that was offended. I see so many kids on here and the advice they get is scary at times.

Thanks for the advice on how i should have gone about this. I suppose my suggestion was that we voice our concerns collectively and see if others have the same concerns or if i am just getting emotional over something that is not important enough with the members to be addressed. I did question the fact that i was emotional at the time and thank you for sharing that you have the same concerns as i do.

Maybe there could be a sticky thread that clearly states members concerns and consequences if this is an issue that enough members and admin share? I suppose it is a bit late to be sending pm's now and thanks again for your good advice.

JOHNTY 09-04-2012 09:12 PM

Greetings,

No need to apologise, I was not in the least offended. Sometimes it pays to have a good emotional rant. It brings out ones true feelings and at the same time releases an inner turmoil. It's good to share, to unburden yourself to your friends, be they in the flesh, here at SF or anywhere else on the internet. That's what friends are for.

And you made some very good and valid points. But not all such killers are brainwashed in others beliefs. Some people actually believe in the truth of what they do. They actually do believe that their actions are doing the work of their God.

Part of everyone's spiritual learning is to so believe in the love of God that they are willing to die for that belief. It is a belief that we must all go through at some time in the future. To die, to sacrifice ourselves for our God - as did Jesus, and all the others of ages past who died for the love of their God.

In your prayers bless all those who kill and all those who die.

midnightstar 09-04-2012 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by res
my apologies to anyone that was offended.

I wasn't offended res :smile: You've made some valid points :smile:

Native spirit 09-04-2012 10:41 PM

:smile: Hey Res,

I can see it from different sides to a lot of ppl as i am a counsellor and see ppl who are at their wits end, with one thing or another, it is not for any of us to tell another person to die sooner, but at the same time personal experiences do come into it, we are all human we all have our own beliefs and experiences of life, none of us are going to experience the same thing,
thats what makes us individual, we all have free will.
no one should tell anyone to end their lives just because things arent going right for them, but as in your own post emmotions will come into it.
we can only guide the person wanting to end their lives that there is always another way ,out of how they are feeling, but as i have already said, everyone has free will.

Namaste

sumrwind 09-04-2012 11:06 PM

wow ! I really enjoy the actual heart felt opinions shared on this thread. sure gives me much to think about.

res 10-04-2012 09:15 AM

Thanks for understanding guy's, it nice to have friends that accept you..... faults and all :redface:

Its also great to know that there are counsellors like you Native spirit that are qualified to assist those in need. It would be great if those that are accreditted counsellors could be known in the same manner that the moderators are. Not to supply a service or be expected to help but just so that the person that you are chatting with knows that you are qualified and that your advice is coming from being fully educated in such matters.

Great to see you here sumrwind, there are so many very compassionate souls here at SF, you are in good company :smile:

Trieah 10-04-2012 04:32 PM

While I do understand your concern on this matter, I actually was offended at one of the things you said.

Quote:

Originally Posted by res
and the real deciet is that there is no heaven for those that have the slightest intention of taking their own life or maybe no heaven at all.

My stepdad actually did take his own life, as have millions of other people that was either a friend or family member to someone. Do you wish us all to believe that our loved ones are eternally suffering from their actions at a time of their greatest weakness? Personally, I'd rather believe that my stepdad actually did find some peace. Also, I know hundreds, if not millions of people who have thought about, or wanted to kill themselves at some point (including myself). But none of them have acted upon that desire. Do you wish to insinuate that even those with the slightest intention of taking there own life are doomed from ever finding peace in the afterlife, simply because they have thought about the idea?

Yes, I do understand your concern on the matter. And I do understand that you were being quite emotional when you wrote it. But please try to remember my friend, nothing is so black and white, that there can never be a whole slew of different perspective to consider. I don't wish to chide you or anything like that. I do understand that we all have our own things we believe in. I'd just like you to consider another perspective of the same problem.

Peace

res 10-04-2012 11:49 PM

You make very valid points that i will take the time to explain when i get home from work. thanks for sharing and ill be back to you soon trieah.

res 11-04-2012 02:59 AM

I have a few secs to get few words i. that quote was only half of what was actualy a question to inspire thought. I am sorry i offended you though it wasnt a statement and i am glad you joined in. i am so sorry for your loss and it is for nice people like you that i raised this concern. i wish that we were born with a manual so that i could assure you that your stepdad is fine but i really have no idea personally what the truth is in regard to the afterlife. I would say that based on my observation that there i life after death and i believe he is doing just fine.
May i ask you if you follow a religion and what the afterlife is like for you?

Sorry gotta run again but ill be back.

Trieah 11-04-2012 04:10 AM

I didn't really think you meant that as a statement, because I really do understand the compassion you displayed in your original post. Mainly, I just wanted to show that there was another perspective to consider when making comments such as that. So I wasn't quite as offended, as I was saddened by it. But then again, the entire topic is one that elicits a sad emotion.

I can't really say that I follow any particular religion, even though I was raised a First Southern Baptist. Mostly I just let my heart guide me as best as it can. But, I'm also a psychic medium and have been participating in helping lost souls cross over into the Light for quite some time now. So, I am well aware of there being an afterlife. But, I'm also aware that not all souls go into the Light right after they die. And it isn't because they are not welcomed into the Light, it's because of the state of mind that soul is in. Too many souls wind up believing that they're not good enough to go to Heaven/into the Light. But that is simply not the case.

I've seen and experienced way too many things in the spirit world to not believe in an afterlife, or in a "Heaven", even if Heaven is just going into the Light. And for the most part, "Hell" is what each lost soul makes it to be in their own mind. Though I will admit that some experience Hell far worse then others do. And those are the ones that I try my hardest to help free.

Dragonfly1 11-04-2012 06:00 AM

Anyone that would encourage another to suicide is sick in the head in my humble opinion. We all may think we are spiritual and think we 'know' things, and some might actually know... but.. at the end of the day, it does NOT give any one of us the right to give such 'wrong' advice to any vulnerable soul who ventures here, and there are very many who do come here...it is no ones right in any way shape or form to encourage 'life ending' for any reason....and I agree with Res, banning should be what happens to those that think they can go down this path... YOU are not God and you have no right.

res 11-04-2012 11:04 AM

Hello Dragonfly1 :smile:

Thanks for the reply trieah. I have a bit more time to explain myself now im home. I too have had personal experiences with mediums and my own mediumship and too have been for the most part convinced by what i have experienced that there is consciousness after death.

Being me i think the brain is a very complex piece of brilliance which we dont fully use or understand. It is because of this that i have to question how much of what i personally experienced was internal input as opposed to external input or a mixture of both. I believe that the gateway to spirit consciousness is through the sub conscious mind and being that it also stores memories coupled with the imagination of the conscious mind i cant personally believe everything i see or experience 100% to make a declaration that I what I experienced is 100% truth and put it out there as fact. This applies to myself as a seeker of truth and i in no way am judging anyone elses abilities. I dont see my self as an authority on these matters or anything, infact i have never felt further from knowing the truth than i do right now.

It scares me that some try justify and encourage destructive behaviour while not knowing the 100% facts of what the consequences will be, spiritually and in a human sense.

Please don’t think that my words have any reference to you in a negative way trieah. The fact is that I really feel for you and your family for your loss. I also feel for your step dad and if the beings that exist beyond our human reality are as enlightened as I believe them to be they are in a position to make fair judgement being that they can see the difference between someone that is innocently and genuinely taunted by irrational thoughts verses someone that has yet to appreciate how much of a gift they have had bestowed upon them by being given THE EXPERIENCE OF LIFE.

Mind's Eye 11-04-2012 11:49 AM

It doesn't surprise me that the new spirituality would stoop so low as to encourage suicide... After all, to them there is no truth, no God, no good, no evil... Everything is just one big illusion to them and they are accountable to no one.

Quagmire 11-04-2012 01:40 PM

I have a hard time understanding why death is a thing to be afraid of, it is but only another part of life. It is so one sided to just consider suicide as a wrong thing (and that helps no one), when the truth is for some it might be the right thing. I would never encourage anyone to do it (or not), because that is not my job. But no one shall ever tell me it is wrong if I feel it is the right path for me, because who are they to act god over me? Instead of fear, we should encourage people to follow what path is right for them... what ever that path turns out to be. Let enlightment be our truth instead of fear.

Occultist 11-04-2012 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by res
I feel compelled to raise this issue in regard to people that will encourage accidental suicide. Meaning people that encourage others to take risks to better their chances at dieing sooner in hopes of returning to gods loving arms and this place called heaven where people skip everywhere they go around eating cotton candy and giving out hugs when you arrive at the pearly gates.

I have seen people encouraging this within these forums which reminds of a certain groups that encourage people to carry bombs into public places in some sort of sacrificial rite that will ensure their entry back in to gods house and carry out gods apocaliptic vision.

Do people actually realise that they are advising someones mother/ father, sister or brother, son or daughter? what if it turns out it is their own son ,daughter or mother or father that they encourage to take risks and succeed. Do they consider the persons age, mental health and responsibilities to the children that have been brought in to this world by them? I think not and i feel that a line should be drawn and that people that encourage suicide in any form should be banned from associating with what could be minors and unbalanced persons maybe even you own family in these forums.

They say that the greatest deciet that ever was, was the devil convincing the world that he didnt exist. If he did exist no one would follow him toward evil and rather he would lead you toward a lie. Could these people that lead others toward merrygo rounds and lollie pops handed out by supermodels with wings in the heavens be acting on evils behalf and the real deciet is that there is no heaven for those that have the slightest intention of taking their own life or maybe no heaven at all.

What actions can we take as responsible adults to protect the impressionable innocent souls on this site against people that will assist them in certain tragedy. Especially in this forum on death and the afterlife?

Do any moderators or admin have any suggestions? Is there a duty of care?

Do any of you fellow SF-ers have any suggestions?

I have had the same fears for a while I think to many people are hooked on the fantasy and not the Reality of death. Possibly a lot of EMO children replying also. or possibly people who have mental health problems themselves. I am afraid I don't see a way to screen these or teach people a more delicate way of handling these situations. I would recommend possibly a suicide thread and information like the suicide hotline-health and family resources and encouragement

Occultist 11-04-2012 07:02 PM

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=suicide

Suicide isn't so bad, give it a chance.

Thinking about suicide but you're not sure if it's the right thing to do? Here are some tips to help you decide whether or not killing yourself is a good choice:

1. Do you live at home but your parents are always making you clean your room and do your homework? It's a sure sign that they don't love you and that they want you to kill yourself. Why else would they make you clean your room? What are they going to do next, ground you? Make you wear braces? Don't kid yourself, the message is clear.

2. If you just got out of a bad relationship and you feel like things are never going to get better; you're right. Everyone knows that suicide is the only option, stop procrastinating. Look on the bright side, at least your ex will feel guilty for a couple of minutes--but don't count on it.

3. Depressed? Don't have any friends? I guess nobody told you, but being depressed and feeling lonely isn't normal. Everyone else is happy, and has lots of friends so there must be something wrong with you. Put the prozac away, what you need is rat poison.

4. Spill a drink at a party? Drop a plate of food in a restaurant? Nobody else has to live with that kind of embarrassment; you know what you have to do.

5. Flunked out of college? Don't know algebra? Here's a question you should know the answer to: Flunked out of college + Don't know algebra = Time for _____. Chances are you still don't know the answer, so here's a hint: it starts with an 's' and ends in 'uicide'.

6. Traffic jam? Sometimes bad luck isn't a coincidence. Do you really want to sit in traffic for another half hour? Look on the bright side, if you're a viking you'll be going to Valhalla. Then again, you're probably not, but eternal damnation in hell is probably the next best thing.

7. Telemarketers keep calling? It's easier to hang yourself than to get rid of a telemarketer, am I wrong? If you're lucky, Home Depot might be having a sale on rope. After all, you don't want to die letting people think you weren't frugal.

8. Flu? You realize that there's no cure for the flu, right? Well, no cure that doesn't involve painting the wall with your brains.

9. Flat tire? Do I have to spell it out for you?

10. College application get rejected? Take the hint.

Hope you found this guide helpful, mention it in your suicide note. On second thought, why bother? Nobody will read it.

Suicide is the lowest easiest way out and frankly I have no respect for those who encourage a person to take there own life.
they will Never eat cake again.
They will never feel the brush of a kitten up against there skin.
they will never smell a rose.
they will never eat chocolate or Italian food.
they will never have sex again.
they will never feel like what it is to be loved or to love again.
they will never sit in the tall grass or own another Puppy.
they will never worship or be worshiped by a mate.
List goes on and on. Encouragng suicide is never a good idea if you wanna be weak and commit suicide go for it. But telling others to is just plain wrong. I dont care what your views are of suicide are I just believe we should be helping people in there spiritual delopment and not assisting in there deaths,.

res 11-04-2012 11:48 PM

Thats a great idea occultist. it would be great if suicide/life ending had its own sub heading fo threads. a sticky at the top with general contact info would be a great way for people to get the right advice. thanks

Quagmire 12-04-2012 10:18 AM

Occultist I would have loved to see you write something enlightened on this subject instead of mainly projecting your own fears in an unhealthy way.

If we talk about things that are wrong, we should rather talk about people who let their own fears keep others from moving forward on their path. Suicide is not lower than any other form of death. The easiest path to end in a self made state of hell, is dying if you are not ready to die and people who keep burying others in their own fear is only helping to push that individual closer towards ending in a self made state of hell. So let us talk about "what is" instead of all this unjust fear and try to help people find their true path and inner beauty.

I know that a lot of you want to help but posting your fears in a way that inspires fear in others is not helping at all. It is only doing harm to those who need help. So stop posting those harmful posts and start healing the fear that is blocking your own path.

Mind's Eye 12-04-2012 12:28 PM

Quote:

Occultist I would have loved to see you write something enlightened on this subject instead of mainly projecting your own fears in an unhealthy way.

If we talk about things that are wrong, we should rather talk about people who let their own fears keep others from moving forward on their path. Suicide is not lower than any other form of death. The easiest path to end in a self made state of hell, is dying if you are not ready to die and people who keep burying others in their own fear is only helping to push that individual closer towards ending in a self made state of hell. So let us talk about "what is" instead of all this unjust fear and try to help people find their true path and inner beauty.

I know that a lot of you want to help but posting your fears in a way that inspires fear in others is not helping at all. It is only doing harm to those who need help. So stop posting those harmful posts and start healing the fear that is blocking your own path.

Why is it when someone makes a moral stand these days they are accused of being filled with fear? Are we that dull in our thinking that we go about in the the world with rose colored glasses and never see the foolishness and danger that lay on the path before us. What the hell is the world coming to when we sit back and condone every behavior that comes down the Pike? There is something seriously wrong when we want to give the suicide bombers a hug, demote murder as just an illusion and tell other people it is alright to take their own lives... This is not being spiritual, it is being morally lazy and illogical. Is this what happens when we minimize the existence of God and become our own source of divinity? It is just another roof positive that when man is left to his own devices, he will trip himself up with dark and foolish reasonings.

Call me fear filled if you wish; call me a finger pointer, and angry or negative person... Label me with any of the neat little name tag badges that so many in the new spirituality like to pin on people.. I will call it taking a moral and reasonable stand against spiritual suicide; and that suicide comes in many shapes and forms my friend.

Quagmire 12-04-2012 01:06 PM

When I see someone paint a picture with fear I will say it, in the same way your words are filled with anger. Either I give hugs to everyone or no one... right now I give it to everyone. But I have to say that if you see suicide as something other than a way of dying, then you are unenlightened IMO. If you look into who I am and once were you would probably see my words in a different light. Morale should come from enlightenment not fear nor anger. It is never what someone do that should be considered right or wrong, but why they do it.

Mind's Eye 12-04-2012 05:58 PM

Quote:

When I see someone paint a picture with fear I will say it, in the same way your words are filled with anger. Either I give hugs to everyone or no one... right now I give it to everyone. But I have to say that if you see suicide as something other than a way of dying, then you are unenlightened IMO. If you look into who I am and once were you would probably see my words in a different light. Morale should come from enlightenment not fear nor anger. It is never what someone do that should be considered right or wrong, but why they do it.

Cool, let me put a little label on you as well: I see fear in your words, fear of facing the truth that you may be wrong. Fear of taking a moral stand because your afraid of others labeling you. It's better to hug everybody than go against the grain and make waves... Maybe your even afraid of judgement by God; maybe it's hard for you to draw lines in the sand, so you leave it all blank. After all, if you commit to the wrong thing God or society may be breathing down your neck.

Yup... I see the fear all over this. :wink:

Trieah 12-04-2012 07:25 PM

-heavy sigh- And I see a bunch of petty bickering with no real desire to even try to understand the opposing side. My friends, there is on one hard fast rule for everyone across the board. Each of us are different, each of us are unique. So how is it that we are all supposed to live under the exact same set of guidelines?

Fine! Yes! Take your stand and disagree with something you don't agree with. But do not forget to at least try to understand where your opposition is coming from, because there will always be other sets of circumstances that you may have never even thought about, but your opposition has. There is no rule that says in understanding something, we must therefore accept every ounce of it. So please, do not shy away from at least understanding the reasons why someone may have a different opinion then yourself. It may just save a bunch of feathers from being ruffled.

Occultist 12-04-2012 07:46 PM

Quote:

I have not projected my own fears I have seen much death and my best friend is a Marine who has served 2 terms. I will be soon moving in with him.
I held my sister when she died I removed the gun from a relatives hand when they killed themselves I watch my other cousin who was diagnosed with cancer who slit his own throat try to pull the bandages off and chocking on his own blood when the EMT's came to help.
I have seen many people jump from sky rises also.
I am a paranormal investigator and basically live among the dead.
Death does not scare me neither does dying but don't you think it should not be our call to guide someone to suicide? Who are we to judge what another persons life costs? I don't know a person because these are the only shoes I have walked in. You see me as reflecting my own fears and I see you as someone who is possibly either contemplating suicide yourself or maybe just one of those people who likes to stand at the bottom looking up at the person on the ledge and yell jump!. How is telling anyone suicide is the correct answer a helpful response? How is encouraging a person to take there own life a helpful way to be? Believe me I seen people jump from sky rises and people around on the ground laugh and applaud.
I have no fear of the unknown I just don't like to encourage others to harm themselves and there family and friends. Please do not judge my response as fear based if that's what you assume ask I will be glad to tell you where I am coming from.:hug2: Guess I am one of those people who wont go quitely into the night like Dylan Thomas wrote about.

Occultist 12-04-2012 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mind's Eye
Why is it when someone makes a moral stand these days they are accused of being filled with fear? Are we that dull in our thinking that we go about in the the world with rose colored glasses and never see the foolishness and danger that lay on the path before us. What the hell is the world coming to when we sit back and condone every behavior that comes down the Pike? There is something seriously wrong when we want to give the suicide bombers a hug, demote murder as just an illusion and tell other people it is alright to take their own lives... This is not being spiritual, it is being morally lazy and illogical. Is this what happens when we minimize the existence of God and become our own source of divinity? It is just another roof positive that when man is left to his own devices, he will trip himself up with dark and foolish reasonings.

Call me fear filled if you wish; call me a finger pointer, and angry or negative person... Label me with any of the neat little name tag badges that so many in the new spirituality like to pin on people.. I will call it taking a moral and reasonable stand against spiritual suicide; and that suicide comes in many shapes and forms my friend.

True enough I will never stand by and encourage suicide no matter how enlightened I get. As a matter of fact the more enlightened I get the more I believe in staying clear of suicide. Telling others its okay to kill themselves is wrong. Many people want other to say that nobody is right or nobody is wrong but that is not completly the truth there is correct and incorrect an good and bad balance a yin and yang,male and female. Why would you think tellling a mom who is postpardom suicidal to kill themselves there baby will be fine without them? Or a child leaving there parents heartbroken?
These are people we are all connected Suicide is never the answer and we as enlightened humans should not be encouraging it we know nothing about these people.

Mind's Eye 12-04-2012 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Occultist
True enough I will never stand by and encourage suicide no matter how enlightened I get. As a matter of fact the more enlightened I get the more I believe in staying clear of suicide. Telling others its okay to kill themselves is wrong. Many people want other to say that nobody is right or nobody is wrong but that is not completly the truth there is correct and incorrect an good and bad balance a yin and yang,male and female. Why would you think tellling a mom who is postpardom suicidal to kill themselves there baby will be fine without them? Or a child leaving there parents heartbroken?
These are people we are all connected Suicide is never the answer and we as enlightened humans should not be encouraging it we know nothing about these people.

I agree... It seems that the term "enlightened" has taken on a very different meaning in the modern age, and I'm not sure that I agree with it at all. I don't think that the spiritual way was meant to be so airy and passive that it never takes a stand on what is right, wrong, correct or incorrect action. We as human beings in this plain of existence have choices to make; we just can't shrug everything off as being different paths for different individuals. I have read schools of thought where people who think this way say that pedophiles have a right to their desires and path as well... I think this kind of philosophy is crossing the line into some very dark territories and it will not lead its followers anywhere good.

Trieah 13-04-2012 01:29 AM

Ok, I have a serious question. Just how often does one encounter the scenario where someone is actually trying to encourage someone else to commit suicide? To be honest, I really don't think it happens anywhere near as much as this thread seems to imply it does. And especially not in the scenarios that have been brought up. Could it be that we're all just speculating too much on such a touchy subject?

res 13-04-2012 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mind's Eye
I agree... It seems that the term "enlightened" has taken on a very different meaning in the modern age, and I'm not sure that I agree with it at all. I don't think that the spiritual way was meant to be so airy and passive that it never takes a stand on what is right, wrong, correct or incorrect action. We as human beings in this plain of existence have choices to make; we just can't shrug everything off as being different paths for different individuals. I have read schools of thought where people who think this way say that pedophiles have a right to their desires and path as well... I think this kind of philosophy is crossing the line into some very dark territories and it will not lead its followers anywhere good.

I agree and think that the spiritual way started out very well as a system to guide society and wonder if those that created the concept would be shocked and appauled that it has been twisted in such a way as it has been by some.

As much as i have been annoyed by the door knockers and the preachers i can trully understand why some go this length to stand up and voice their concerns for the welfare of us all. Was this the not the sole intention of creating the concept of spirituality?

The commandments are pretty straight forward.

Thou shalt not murder, does this include murdering yourself?

Thou shalt not steal. Does this include stealing the innocence of a young childs trust? There are no commandment that i would not break to stop such a monster from getting to my children. :cwm21: :cwm21: :cwm21:

I agree, the curious human brain is its own enemy at times and if let to wander unguided can be deadly. Look at what we have learnt from early cultures. I based a meditation on human sacrifice to better understand it and this is what i found:

Way back, a spiritual leader recieved a message from spirit saying that if you want to get closer to god then you need to offer up human sacrifice. The ego of the human assumed that it has nothing to do with them personally and the person offers up another person as the sacrifice and the blood letting begins. If the human brain wasnt its own enemy the person may have interpreted the message as needing to give of themselves selflessly and make sacrifices in their own life and serve it to humanity, and inturn be closer to god. Thankfully some person realised that taking a life and/or giving up your own life was wrong, even for a spiritual cause and the murder ceased but they were still worried that there could be some truth in the blood letting so just incase they opted to offer up the blood of a tree, Frankincense and Myrrh were the bloods of choice to be burnt. This for me explains how these bloods became 2 of the gifts given to jesus by 2 of the three wise men put at the feet of jesus. The third was gold, the energy of the the new way of thinking, the new religion.

Anyway getting back on topic it is pretty clear to me that there is overwhelming support for making healthy resources available for those that are considering suicide. Enough that i feel comfortable passing on the suggestion that SF consider introducing a subsection for those needing help when faced with the common train of thought that leads them to consider taking their own life.
Also that there are thread options for those facing this to be able to voice their need for help. I for one would be honored and privilaged to participate in helping those affected see a brighter side to life and help encourage them toward speaking with professionals that can assist in ways that those of us without the nescessary quailifications cannot.
Also a set of standards and consequences for members to adhere by.

Thanks guys and a big thankyou to you sumrwind, :smile:

Arcturus 13-04-2012 02:15 AM

here is an excerpt of a talk between two people concerning suicide and euthanasia. i'm not sure it's completely relevant as i think this thread is in reaction to folk recommending suicide to others who don't even have a physical or psychological problem; i'll link it thouigh as i feel it covers some bases concerning suicide::http://www.jiddu-krishnamurti.net/en...change-suicide

`

res 13-04-2012 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trieah
Ok, I have a serious question. Just how often does one encounter the scenario where someone is actually trying to encourage someone else to commit suicide? To be honest, I really don't think it happens anywhere near as much as this thread seems to imply it does. And especially not in the scenarios that have been brought up. Could it be that we're all just speculating too much on such a touchy subject?

In just one thread i seen one person planning to end life early spiritually, another encourage it and a third mention that they were considering ending their life but wasnt ready to talk about it but they were ready to get information on if it was the right avenue. How many times does it need to happen for it to be acceptable to try stop it happening in the future?

Sorry if this is a touchy subject but havent you experienced enough loss Trieah, enough to not want any others to feel what you did in any way shape or form? You have the experience to answer your own question :icon_frown:

Trieah 13-04-2012 08:22 AM

Well, I haven't seen this particular thread you're talking about. But, I have seen way too many threads over the course of my entire experience with message boards, where too many misunderstanding were running a muck all over the place. I've seen thread similar to what you're suggesting taking a turn for the worse, when someone misinterprets something someone else said. Or when someone who thought they were helping, came off sounding callous, cold, or even worse yet, try to "bully" their way into taking over the situations, all in the name of "I have all the answers for your life, whether you like it or not". I've just seen way too many threads blow up and out of proportion for 15 year, to know all too well what kinds of things can happen in a public forum such as this.

While yes, I do agree that it is a noble deed to help people out when they need it the most, but you also have to remember, that not all people who think they are helping someone, are actually doing any real good. And the reason for that, is every one has their own ideas about what will work for someone else. And just as he mentioned, not everyone who offers their help, is actually going to be helpful to the situation. Let me illustrate.

While I may have mentioned that my stepdad did kill himself, I didn't mention the circumstances behind why he did it. Actually, it was the "good intentions" of his own psychiatrist that was partially to blame. And one could even argue that my mom technically could have prevented the whole thing, but she didn't, due to one small technicality. After turning 65, he was forced to get on Medicare, and therefore forced to have a new psychiatrist. But this new doctor refused to heed the old doctor's warning of never changing his medication, because my stepdad couldn't handle the chemical imbalance, and had already tried to kill himself once before, proving he couldn't handle it. Well, this new doctor decided that my stepdad wasn't making any real progress with his depression. So he told my stepdad that he just didn't want to get better. And eventually, his doctor even wound up changing his medication three times in one week. So, my stepdad tried his very best to adjust to all the different medications his doctor was prescribing for him. And he did try very hard to follow his doctor's advice, by trying new things and giving each one an honest attempt to work. But in the end, he simply could not handle all those different chemicals in his body, or how his doctor was making him feel even worse by telling him he had no real desire to get better, since he wasn't even trying hard enough to get better.

So one day, he met my mother at the door when she came home, and he showed her how bad his hands were shaking, and how sweaty his palms were. She actually needed to go to the restroom pretty bad, but she continued to talk to him through the door, telling him to hell with what his doctor said. They still had a prescription for his old medicine, and as soon as she got done in the bathroom, she said she'd take him out to get his right pills. But when she got out of the bathroom, he was nowhere to be found. Thinking that he was in the car waiting for her, she went to open the garage door. But just before she turned the knob, she heard the pop of a gun.

My point is, that even with the very best of intentions from others, there is still always a chance that someone can unknowingly set off a trigger in a suicidal person. I'm not saying that we should all give up the notion of helping someone cope with their pain. But I am saying that it is a very tricky business when too many people start offering their help, or their version of "help". Ever hear the expression, too many cooks spoil the broth?

I'll give you another example of a true story. Several months ago, on this very message board, someone else made a post about how they had finally come to the deadline they had given them self to either have something happen, or they were going to end it all. It was quite a dramatic thread, with lots of people chiming in to try and convince this person not to do it. It's actually been such a long time since this happened, that I can't quite remember all the details, but there were a few people who seemed rather appalled that someone would actually create such a thread. Oh, they had their own version of "good advice" to give to this person. But it didn't sound anywhere near as caring or sympathetic as most of the others did. Fortunately, that person did not wind up killing himself.

But see, that's the thing, when using this form of communication with others, one can never really be sure they've interpreted the other person's words in the exact same way that person intended their words to convey. And with a true suicidal person, it's extremely important to not set off any of their triggers that would actually cause them to go ahead and do the deed. A person could have all the good intentions of the world, when it comes to trying to talk someone out of suicide, but if that person says the wrong thing at the wrong time, or makes them feel even worse somehow, or can't actually live up to the expectations of always being there for the person who's been counting on them, then that, is when things start getting tricky.

Yes, it is very important to care enough about another person, to offer your help to them when they need it the most. But, it is equally important to offer the right kind of help.

Trieah 13-04-2012 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by res
Sorry if this is a touchy subject but havent you experienced enough loss Trieah, enough to not want any others to feel what you did in any way shape or form? You have the experience to answer your own question :icon_frown:

By the way, when I mentioned that suicide was a touchy subject, I meant that it's a touchy subject for everyone across the board, regardless of their personal feelings on the matter, and not because it's a touchy subject for me :wink:

While yes, I have experienced quite a few losses over the years, from many other reasons besides just suicide. And as a result, I've had to realize that death is just another part of life. While this may sound cold to some, I look at it from more of a practical point of view.

I know I'll see those I've lost again, and in some cases I already have. So I try not to let death prevent me from continuing to live my life to the best of my ability, because I know they don't want me feeling sad over losing them. But no, I personally would never consider talking someone into killing them self. I may keep an open dialog with someone about the subject, as a way of circumventing the situation or as a way to get to know the root causes of their reasons. Or I may even share jokes about it with someone as a way to break the tension. But no, I would never give someone serious advice about killing them self, regardless if I feel death is just another part of life or not.

res 13-04-2012 10:52 AM

Quote:

Yes, it is very important to care enough about another person, to offer your help to them when they need it the most. But, it is equally important to offer the right kind of help.

I agree that the right kind of help is the core issue here.

Maybe just a sticky thread in the death and afterlife discussions that gives details of where people with suicidal tendencies can get professional help outside of this website, closer to their own homes and healthcare system? Also that the site does not tolerate certain behaviour which would be determined by them to be appropriate for the site. Anyway i will send a message and outline the suggestion and leave it in the hands of the powers that be. Gotta try

Im sorry if you thought i was insinuating that you spoke out from being too close to the issue. I actually took the time to think about how you may react to my bringing up your loss and my concern was that i didnt want to upset you. I am so sorry again that you and your family have had to go through losing someone to suicide. Its is so sad that the ones left behind have to suffer so much.

Quagmire 13-04-2012 11:52 AM

Quote:

-heavy sigh-

I say the same thing. I try to say things but reading the responses it is obviously the wrong words that comes out of my computer. I once were the Shepherd of the roads, helping people on their journey. So in all of my existence I have helped many souls take the journey from here to the underworld and never have I experienced any judgment about how anyone died from the “other side“. If there have ever been any judgment about the death, it has come from the diseased self.

Occultist: for a moment I saw your beautiful light shine, so thank you for that.

All I ever wrote was that I do not want to judge others because that is not my job. The reason is this: just because a path is right for me does not mean that it is right for someone else. I give that some people are lost and those that are we can try to help and guide, but in the end it is their choice what they do. So if they choose suicide it is better for them to leave with love instead of fear of judgment.

For myself: I have finished all my lessons for this lifetime and whatever path I take from here is as good as any. The only difference in them is the length of them. For now I am taking the long path around the Elephant in the living room.

Here is a little thing to ponder about: You are out eating with a blind man, so you have to read him his dinner choices. You dislike veal so for that reason you choose not to read the dinner choices with veal in them. The question here is; how is that less wrong than if you love veal and therefore only read him the dinner choices with veal in them?

I have my fears, there is no doubt about that and I do not deny that, but all I have written is that I believe that unconditional love is the right path to take. So am I afraid of judgment by God? [sorry but my spirit guide thinks that is a quite funny thing to write]. I have to say no to that, but to know why you probably have to know who I am on my spiritual level.

Mind's Eye 13-04-2012 02:35 PM

Quote:

I say the same thing. I try to say things but reading the responses it is obviously the wrong words that comes out of my computer. I once were the Shepherd of the roads, helping people on their journey. So in all of my existence I have helped many souls take the journey from here to the underworld and never have I experienced any judgment about how anyone died from the “other side“. If there have ever been any judgment about the death, it has come from the diseased self.

Occultist: for a moment I saw your beautiful light shine, so thank you for that.

All I ever wrote was that I do not want to judge others because that is not my job. The reason is this: just because a path is right for me does not mean that it is right for someone else. I give that some people are lost and those that are we can try to help and guide, but in the end it is their choice what they do. So if they choose suicide it is better for them to leave with love instead of fear of judgment.

For myself: I have finished all my lessons for this lifetime and whatever path I take from here is as good as any. The only difference in them is the length of them. For now I am taking the long path around the Elephant in the living room.

Here is a little thing to ponder about: You are out eating with a blind man, so you have to read him his dinner choices. You dislike veal so for that reason you choose not to read the dinner choices with veal in them. The question here is; how is that less wrong than if you love veal and therefore only read him the dinner choices with veal in them?

I have my fears, there is no doubt about that and I do not deny that, but all I have written is that I believe that unconditional love is the right path to take. So am I afraid of judgment by God? [sorry but my spirit guide thinks that is a quite funny thing to write]. I have to say no to that, but to know why you probably have to know who I am on my spiritual level.

I may disagree strongly with your opinion on the suicide issue... but I do like your style. :smile:

Trieah 13-04-2012 05:44 PM

Quote:

I once were the Shepherd of the roads, helping people on their journey. So in all of my existence I have helped many souls take the journey from here to the underworld and never have I experienced any judgment about how anyone died from the “other side“. If there have ever been any judgment about the death, it has come from the diseased self.

I have my fears, there is no doubt about that and I do not deny that, but all I have written is that I believe that unconditional love is the right path to take.

I do feel similar to what you've expressed. Once a person is dead, they really do need to be in a better state of mind so they don't trap themselves inside their own personal hell. Too many souls are so terrified of some kind of harsh judgment and punishment, that they will hide from the Light when ever they see it.

I once helped the soul of a young woman who was being held captive inside a place filled with negative vibrations. Someone stronger then her, was keeping her there through fear tactics. She was so terrified of this other spirit, that she kept trying to warn me that he would do the same kinds of things to me if I didn't leave before he found me there. But I knew better.

I told her to look around me, and see who it was that protected me, since I knew that both Jesus and Archangel Michael were with me. I thought she would have been comforted by their presence. But instead, she flung herself into a corner, and was more terrified of Jesus and Archangel Michael, then she was of that other spirit who had been abusing her. And the reason why, is because she was too lost inside her own fear of judgment. She didn't want to be "sent" to Hell for not being the best person she could have been. And yet, it was her fear of being so rejected by unconditional love, that was actually keeping her locked away inside of a hell of her own making.

It took quite a bit of convincing, but she did finally go into the Light with Jesus and Archangel Michael. And, I even found a way to convince the guy who was keeping her there, that he should cross over as well, regardless of what he'd been doing.

So yes, I do get where you're coming from. It's not our place to judge the soul who has passed over into the spirit world. Because in death, the soul really needs to understand the concept of unconditional love, so they do not trap themselves inside their own personal hell. But I do also think that they need the right kind of help while they're still alive.

LadyTerra 13-04-2012 06:32 PM

Greetings Everyone:

Everyone has their own perspective concerning death, suicide, and the ways in which the two are achieved.

Everyone has their own opinion concerning what happens to Souls that actually commit suicide.

I (personally) have never seen anyone at SpiritualForums condone--or encourage--suicide.

My younger sister was a diabetic--who could not over-come the pain of never receiving enough love from our Mother. She was fragile and one day she ended that pain by consuming a one pound bag of M&Ms.

My husband had terminal liver cancer and was given enough morphine to ease his pain and (as the dosage was gradually increased) eventually the drug caused respiratory failure and he died in my arms.

We should be very careful--when we state opinions.

Peace and Love on the path of your choice...

Blessed be...

res 14-04-2012 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyTerra
My younger sister was a diabetic--who could not over-come the pain of never receiving enough love from our Mother. She was fragile and one day she ended that pain by consuming a one pound bag of M&Ms.

My husband had terminal liver cancer and was given enough morphine to ease his pain and (as the dosage was gradually increased) eventually the drug caused respiratory failure and he died in my arms.

You certainly have seen too much loss LadyTerra and i am so sorry for your loss. Such a waste of life. May i ask how old your sister was when she passed?

Not aiming this at any one person, They say that the human brain is not fully devoloped until the age of 23 and up until this time the part that considers rational consequence is not fully functioning. This worries me that kids and young adults may be particulary succeptable to others impressions of the afterlife.

When our culture has people that 100% believe that what they seen in their mind in regard to the afterlife is 'certain undeniable truth' and offer it up as advice, it becomes the basis for some young peoples actions.

These types of forums are a smorgasboard for curious minds looking for answers to questions that they would not ask in their outside reality. Our responsibility is enormous to give correct certain undeniable truthfull ideas and concepts to these young minds. There are impressionable children as young as 14 that i have seen on this forum...14!........ thats 10 years premature of having the mental capacity to make rational decisions based on what you and you and you and myself have said here.

Who here is undeniably qualified to share the correct and certain truth about death the afterlife?
im not talking about your interpretation based on your experience or what you read in a book im talking about factual truth with enough certainty to put the lives of young children in your hands? hands up? I for one am not.

Is there is a duty of care for our youth and those that are youthfully minded by the community that should surpasses peoples rights to share their individual belief systems as truth?

Dragonfly1 14-04-2012 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyTerra
Everyone has their own perspective concerning death, suicide, and the ways in which the two are achieved.

Everyone has their own opinion concerning what happens to Souls that actually commit suicide.

I (personally) have never seen anyone at SpiritualForums condone--or encourage--suicide.

Peace and Love on the path of your choice...

Blessed be...

Your situation and that of your loved ones is quite sad, I too have had very ill and terminally ill family members.
This thread is about members on this forum, giving advice to vulnerable people speaking of suicide....We on the forum don't truly know anyone on here,(unless of course we are friends in the flesh or family to them)...so we can be told anything by anyone without a way of actually knowing anything about them....to give such advice as to condone suicide to anyone on a forum is grossly irresponsible......telling someone you are contemplating such an act is a cry for help, not for encouragement to do it....... It is anyones choice of course to go through with the act (as it well maybe their path), but it is not our right to encourage this act in anyway.....that is my firm belief on this matter.....
I offer you my condolences for the sad losses in your life.....Peace xx