Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Science & Spirituality (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The Present - Does It Exist?? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=105048)

metal68 30-08-2016 03:25 PM

The Present - Does It Exist??

the second it arrives, it instantly becomes the past!!

The future can be eternity, so could the past too but the present??

What is it a millionth of a second?? Or is there perhaps no such thing??

organic born 04-09-2016 05:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by metal68
the second it arrives, it instantly becomes the past!!
The future can be eternity, so could the past too but the present??
What is it a millionth of a second?? Or is there perhaps no such thing??

There is nothing else but the present. The past is how you "imagine" it to have been and the future is what you imagine it will be. The present is the only place in which life can express itself. You can not move a spoon on the table by imagining it having-been-moved or that it will-be-moved. You can only move the spoon by actually reaching out and moving it as the present unfolds.

You can not 'do' a thing in the past
You can not 'do' a thing in the future
You can only do a thing in the present... period

You can plan on doing things in the future
but the future must be the present before you can actually do this thing that you planned

You can remember stuff from your past but you can not access those past moments from the present because the past is our imagined interpretation of events that occurred that we can now only "remember".

Clock time is a human creation. Time is not segmented. It simply is.

There are two primary ways in which time is interpreted.
One is that we are moving through time as a liner experience with events occurring along the way
the other is that we are stationary, within our being, and that events are traveling through us, giving the appearance of time.

But in either case nothing occurs unless the present is present.
In the moment there is no future
In the moment there is no past
There is only the memory or expectation, while the only place actual movement and participation exists is in the present.... period

SerpentSun 04-09-2016 05:46 AM

The past is history, the future is a mystery, but right now is a gift. That's why it's called the present! So why waste each moment pondering how long exactly it lasts? I struggle enough with regretting the past, with worrying about the future; right now is all I got haha. Spend the present moment savoring each breath, if nothing else. Not every being has the privilege of lungs! Peace.

Squatchit 04-09-2016 06:13 AM

I won't bother adding my thoughts, as organic born said it so well.

:smile:

organic born 04-09-2016 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SerpentSun
I struggle enough with regretting the past, with worrying about the future; right now is all I got haha.

So how do we untangle ourselves from this process? Meditation does help to quiet the mind but when the mind starts back up again we're drawn right back into similar patterns of ruminations. We are needing to encounter our deeper selves in order to realize concretely that we have differing options of experience. Yesterday I had one of those experiences where I merged with my deeper self and it happened at a moment that could have easily led to death.

I was traveling down a local highway at around 65 miles an hour, I was on a downhill grade. A car pulled right out in front of me (at roughly 70 feet away) with absolutely no time to stop, I was flying right toward the other driver. I slammed on the breaks. And then something took over. I knew who this was, because it's that steady part of me that is always in a quiet mode behind my presence-of-being. Within seconds my arms were taking evasive maneuvers that I simply wouldn't have time to "think" of. These maneuvers allowed my car to almost magically wrap around the tail end of the other car with only inches to spare and then navigated other deadly obstacles at a high rate of speed placing me back on the road on the other side of the other car and back on my way.

For about 5 to 10 seconds (it seriously seemed like a lot longer than that) I was that "other part of me was all of me". The event was very peaceful in spite of the sound of screaming tires and imminent deadly risk. The experience was amazingly gentle!

I only seem to fully meet this part of myself while in the "waking state" when my life is at risk and I need the kind of focus that only the quietest-most-mind can provide. I become the same "self" while OBE and while Lucid dreaming.

We have another experience available to us where we may freely interact with living-without-thought. And without thought there is no rehashed past and nagging future. You just are, and as we disentangle ourselves from past and future imagery we are this "just are" on a more sustainable basis. :)

organic born 04-09-2016 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Squatchit
I won't bother adding my thoughts, as organic born said it so well.

:smile:

Thank you Squatchit :)

metal68 28-09-2016 08:09 PM

Id hoped for a bit more legs in this thread

Busby 29-09-2016 06:40 AM

Maybe we have it wrong. We think of time as being horizontal, past-present-future. It could be that time - or that which we experience as time is actually vertical. This vertical time we know as 'the present'. And it is actually all there is. The present' has another name (maybe). It could be that eternity is that which we recognise as the present. It is, after all something which is always there.

The acceptance of such a possibility would also solve a lot of other unexplained moments.

Further - being vertical doesn't mean it has a top or a bottom but it has, let's say, conditions. Like music with its scales, chords and octaves. That which we call progress is an ever climbing scaling of octaves.

We, those of us aware now, are in the same octave but at individual levels. Death is a change of octave. Or maybe we have to first clamber to the top of the present octave before transferring to the next one. A sort of evolution.

Maybe...

r6r6 29-09-2016 05:21 PM

>>>( * / * )>>>

Time is the flow of occupied space.

( * | * ) the red vertical line represents a 2D cross-section of 3D { volumetric ) time.

( * \ * ) ( * / * )is positive or negative charge associated with the 3D, occupied space, time.

( * / * ) the purple line represents 2D metaphysical-1, mind/intellect/concept, that does not have 3D existence, yet has a perception and spirit-of-intent

( * | * ) is a generalized representation of consciousness that is abstract ergo neutral to any perceptions.

>>>>>> linear arrow of time>>>>>>
<< Past Out < ( * | * ) < In Future <<
>>>>>>>linear arrow of time>>>>>>

As stated from others, the eternal present is all that exists, and that is why I have 2D Slice-of-Time.

Past and future are terms we use to make sense of our present observations, considerations via brain and its access toe metaphysical-1, mind/intellect/concepts.

Itis worth noting, Einstien asking himself what would it be to ride on a EMRadiational beam of light. His conclusion was no awareness of time.

Fuller states, that, speed-of-radiation is the norm. Along the way there is interference with other fermions { matter } and bosons { forces }.

Here is link to Fullers "Afterpiece" in Synergetics 1.

http://www.rwgrayprojects.com/synerg...ter/after.html

Jared.L 13-10-2016 03:01 PM

The interesting this is that there is no present, there is only a small moment of now...