Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Meditation (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   What to think of when in pain to reduce pain?. (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=118274)

airair9 08-11-2017 06:35 PM

What to think of when in pain to reduce pain?.

Hi,

What can you think of when in pain to reduce pain?.

Thanks.

Mr Interesting 09-11-2017 03:08 AM

Go into it... be in it, come out and relax... go back in. Listen while in there, let your body speak.

blossomingtree 09-11-2017 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Interesting
Go into it... be in it, come out and relax... go back in. Listen while in there, let your body speak.

I sometimes have this deep pain - usually awareness clears it all away, but this one was hard. Fortunately, I got some help.

So nice to see you here, Mr Interesting :hug:

dream jo 09-11-2017 03:48 PM

i us sti stuff wot dr gav me
or u can by heet pane creem u can or u can us obrs oilss thgs u can or a hot watr botls wen mom wz ok she wud us a ot watr botl for bac pane she did

Tobi 10-11-2017 12:37 AM

Physical pain is really hard. It is often difficult to focus the mind on anything when in terrible pain.
If you have medical assistance, they should be able to work out a pain management plan for you. That can make you a lot more comfortable and pain free.
If you are alone then a good painkiller which you are sure suits your system is a good idea. But if you are in doubt or have a serious condition do ask the doctor first.
There is no dishonour in taking pain relieving medication if you really need it for physical pain. But if this is chronic you may be afraid of addiction. Have you tried acupuncture? That can help sometimes.

I have always found sleep to be helpful, and often have the ability to go into deep sleep even if I am in pain. Yes that is an escape mechanism. But it is also true that deep sleep is restorative and healing can take place there. It seems to be a natural instinct with me to sleep deeply if I am in pain. I am fine when sleeping. Feel nothing. Waking up can be tricky.

If you are unable to sleep or are wakened by pain in the night etc, then take some pain relief. Then think loving and sweet thoughts about anything you can manage to focus on but which means something to your heart and Soul. If it makes you cry, that's okay. Those thoughts might help.

revolver 10-11-2017 07:38 AM

See pain as a part of life, try not to cling to it, its your life saver, and of course see your doctor and find what its all about.

Golden Eagle 10-11-2017 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by airair9
Hi,

What can you think of when in pain to reduce pain?.

Thanks.

Introspection first ..... "what thoughts are arising .... what emotions , they may be just lurking under the surface." ...... then Forgiveness and Letting Go .......

a 4-8 lb Epson Salt Bath works wonders too ~