Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Astral Projection (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Not normal to ap (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=22089)

astralsuzy 10-09-2011 05:24 AM

Not normal to ap

Hi all, I was talking to my mother today. She said have you astral projected lately. I said I have not astral projected for a while. My mother said, I should not astral project. I said why. She said, it is not normal. I said everyone astral projects every night except they are not aware of it. I do not expect any replies. I just wanted to say it. Perhaps it is because I cannot talk about it to anyone.

Squatchit 10-09-2011 07:05 AM

Ha! Who wants to be normal? :tongue:

astralsuzy 10-09-2011 07:10 AM

I laughed when I read that. It is good to have a laugh.

Xan 10-09-2011 10:01 PM

Fortunately you can talk about it to us, suzy. Count your blessings.

Xan

astralsuzy 10-09-2011 11:51 PM

Thanks Xan, that is lovely of you. Perhaps I should not talk to my mother about ap as she does not really accept it. I think I know what you would say. I will take it as it comes. She has been interested in it and wanting to hear about it but if she keeps saying I should not ap then I will not talk to her about it anymore.
This morning I just laid in bed. I was wide awake, not sleepy. I thought just think I can ap and it might work. I just breathed in and out (that does not always work) but sometimes it does. I did that and I got a sensation on my forehead. I cannot explain what the sensation was that well. It was sort of like a relaxing feeling and I ap straight into a forest. I saw the sky, trees and the ground. I was only out for a little while then I came back into myself. Next time I did the same thing, I breathed in and out and I got the same sensation. I kept waiting to ap and I did not realise that I was actually out. I opened the door in the fridge and got out some hamburger rolls then I woke up. I realised I missed the opportunity as I did not realise that I was already out. As soon as I got that ap sensation I should have assumed I will be out in any moment and be prepared for it.
Yesterday morning I laid in bed for a while but I did not ap. I think as I said it can help a lot if you believe you can ap.

MYFIGO 11-09-2011 12:06 AM

LOL... my first thought was "who wants to be normal anyway?" as well. I love my psychic / spiritual life and embrace the fact that I'm not normal.

Your Mother is just expressing her own fears for herself and therefore for you.

astralsuzy 11-09-2011 12:09 AM

I think you are right MYFIGO. My mother is afraid of it.

Xan 11-09-2011 01:51 AM

Your mother seems to have mixed feelings about ap, suzy. She's curious about what you experience and she's also afraid. So talking about it in a natural way when she asks might eventually help her get over her fear.

Xan

mattie 11-09-2011 03:38 AM

No Need To Discuss This With Her

You’re Spot On about our astral projecting every night, but often not being aware of it. That your mother is fearful about this doesn’t have to affect your beliefs.

If she is really into fundie-type organized religion she may feel it is satan’s work. It isn’t necessary that you discuss this w/ her, even if she asks about it.

astralsuzy 11-09-2011 05:52 AM

Hi mattie, my mother went away from religion a long time ago. It just sounded too silly to her. It did not make sense so she does not believe in religion. She believes in spirituality and that we have a soul.