Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Meditation (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Quick response needed from experts (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=123938)

rijhumal 17-07-2018 08:45 AM

Quick response needed from experts

From january 2018 till today i used to prractise transcendental meditation from a tm teacher here.it was completly efforts n a salient mantra is chanted in thoughts without any efforts.but i i did in the same as other meditation.but that meditation gave me lot of sedation relaxation and depth.upto six months i enjoyed it.but when i contacted with tm teacher he said it is effortless non sedative and we have to wait for mind to pick up it.from that i changed pattern but i lost health and relaxation .now i caught in between either it is due to change of practise from adductive to non adductive.but now i.m suffering and undecided.plz help.me where i.m stuck .i want to regain my spiritual union.but i want to relax frist then spiritual practise.suggest me either i used previous pattern or new pattern or take a break to relax.but things have gone out of hand .plz reply me as quick as possible

Starman 17-07-2018 02:14 PM

1. I am not an expert, and I think you have more knowledge about your experiences than you may realize.

2. Why did you change your practice? Since January 2018, you had been building a foundation with your previous practice, and then you discarded that foundation and started something new. Why? Anytime you start something new there is going to be a period of adjustment. You had adjusted to your previous practice and now you are adjusting to a new practice.

3. It is up to you which practice you want to embrace; sit quietly and search your heart for guidance. You already invested some time in one practice, then you gave it up, and now you have to invest some time in your new practice, if that is what you want to do. The time invested to build the framework for a new foundation varies with each person. An there is nothing wrong with wanting to start a new practice.

4. You say that you are “suffering” but most likely you are going through withdrawal from the experience you used to have from your previous practice, and regardless whether you start a new practice or stop and do no practice at all, those symptoms may eventually pass.

The same thing happens to a person who runs daily for a number of months and then they stop running; you developed a pleasant habit and then you stopped, now you are most probably going through some withdrawal from not having that pleasant habit. It most likely will pass.

I cannot tell you what to do, you have got to determine what do you want to get out of a practice and then choose a practice that suits you. Sometimes a person chooses a practice and sometimes a practice chooses a person. You need to search yourself and come up with an answer from within your own being. Take relaxing baths and find ways to nurture yourself.

Peace:smile:

rijhumal 18-07-2018 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Starman
1. I am not an expert, and I think you have more knowledge about your experiences than you may realize.

2. Why did you change your practice? Since January 2018, you had been building a foundation with your previous practice, and then you discarded that foundation and started something new. Why? Anytime you start something new there is going to be a period of adjustment. You had adjusted to your previous practice and now you are adjusting to a new practice.

3. It is up to you which practice you want to embrace; sit quietly and search your heart for guidance. You already invested some time in one practice, then you gave it up, and now you have to invest some time in your new practice, if that is what you want to do. The time invested to build the framework for a new foundation varies with each person. An there is nothing wrong with wanting to start a new practice.

4. You say that you are “suffering” but most likely you are going through withdrawal from the experience you used to have from your previous practice, and regardless whether you start a new practice or stop and do no practice at all, those symptoms may eventually pass.

The same thing happens to a person who runs daily for a number of months and then they stop running; you developed a pleasant habit and then you stopped, now you are most probably going through some withdrawal from not having that pleasant habit. It most likely will pass.

I cannot tell you what to do, you have got to determine what do you want to get out of a practice and then choose a practice that suits you. Sometimes a person chooses a practice and sometimes a practice chooses a person. You need to search yourself and come up with an answer from within your own being. Take relaxing baths and find ways to nurture yourself.

Peace:smile:

Dear stagnant for your detail reply. As I had habit of meditation other than To so I did it in the same way. So it gave me benefit. But when ask from Tm teacher he said its spontenous taking of mantra mind. So I did it but I was on mistake that this new pattern would compensate the withdrawal symptoms. OK that has happened now a good intuitive might suggest me to see and observe while now what I do. Eitheri I do it. Again start of that might regain of my spiritual union. But I haven't surety that now what will be best in my health. So I want to clear my dual mind. Because being a junior may do the mistake.

Starman 19-07-2018 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rijhumal
Dear stagnant for your detail reply. As I had habit of meditation other than To so I did it in the same way. So it gave me benefit. But when ask from Tm teacher he said its spontenous taking of mantra mind. So I did it but I was on mistake that this new pattern would compensate the withdrawal symptoms. OK that has happened now a good intuitive might suggest me to see and observe while now what I do. Eitheri I do it. Again start of that might regain of my spiritual union. But I haven't surety that now what will be best in my health. So I want to clear my dual mind. Because being a junior may do the mistake.

Not worrying would be best for your health. Your writing seems somewhat scattered, and I did not understand everything you were saying. When in doubt let go, maybe instead of doing meditation you should just do some relaxation techniques. You need to talk with your tm teacher, or the intuitive you mentioned, about this, as they probably know more about you than someone who you just met online. You are new to meditation so you need some support from people who you can talk to face-to-face. Don't screw yourself up by going about this alone. Hang-in there.:hug: