Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Soulmates & Twin Flames (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Why do we decide to chase? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=121938)

innerlight 12-04-2018 09:28 PM

Why do we decide to chase?

Why do we decide to chase, and not even in the ol' runner/chaser twin flame. But why do we want to chase what we think is love? Even when most of the time we know it's no good for us. They are toxic. Unhealthy. Abuse us mentally/physically. That we still want to chase them.... And hope we can change them. They will change. Things will be different. Are we really chasing them or are we chasing love itself and they are just how we perceive it to be at the moment.

Is it because we don't truly see our own worth and value and know things could be better for us?

naturesflow 12-04-2018 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by innerlight
Why do we decide to chase, and not even in the ol' runner/chaser twin flame. But why do we want to chase what we think is love? Even when most of the time we know it's no good for us. They are toxic. Unhealthy. Abuse us mentally/physically. That we still want to chase them.... And hope we can change them. They will change. Things will be different. Are we really chasing them or are we chasing love itself and they are just how we perceive it to be at the moment.

Is it because we don't truly see our own worth and value and know things could be better for us?

For every step forward their can be a step inward.

People when they run too fast and chase down things, often then have to take all those steps inward to understand themselves in the chase. People have a created foundation already within them, so most often the external creation is a by product of their needs to find something for themselves, understand, let go, bring closer, look deeper or just accept themselves and their life and what they need to be doing.

When it entails love it often correlates to the deeper feeling of self love and self worth. Many people didn't receive the loving care and nurture when young, so some seek it out to understand their lack, to find something to fill up with. Often finding the reflections that contain themselves as their foundation, so this kind of sourcing will see people attract people that model their earliest pain body. Breaking free from conditioned patterns can take a very long time.

Its not just about chasing people, people chase all kinds of things to fill up with.

Nature Grows 12-04-2018 10:30 PM

Why do dogs chase sticks and balls that are thrown?

badcopyink 13-04-2018 12:34 AM

Most chase love to make up for emotional deficiencies inside themselves.
Most avoid love for the same reason.

I relate to it like the shadow quote

“Happiness is like a shadow. Spend your time chasing it & you'll never catch it, but turn toward the Light and it follows you wherever you go”

Nature Grows 13-04-2018 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by W.W.J.D
Most chase love to make up for emotional deficiencies inside themselves.
Most avoid love for the same reason.

I relate to it like the shadow quote

“Happiness is like a shadow. Spend your time chasing it & you'll never catch it, but turn toward the Light and it follows you wherever you go”

It's easy to touch your shadow... it's only by your side in times of light though it leaves you alone in the dark, only your best friends are there in the dark with you.

badcopyink 13-04-2018 02:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nature Grows
It's easy to touch your shadow... it's only by your side in times of light though it leaves you alone in the dark, only your best friends are there in the dark with you.

Since were discussing semantics.

You’re not catching the shadow. Nor are you touching it.

It’s touching you.

Nature Grows 13-04-2018 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by W.W.J.D
Since were discussing semantics.

You’re not catching the shadow. Nor are you touching it.

It’s touching you.

Both are touching each other the shadow an the person.. does it really matter.

badcopyink 13-04-2018 03:07 AM

Quote:

Both are touching each other the shadow an the person.. does it really matter.

No.

To be clear we see everything through light and how much it is reflecting.
A shadow is a lack of light. It’s impossible to touch. Technically it’s not touching anything. But I agree it really doesn’t matter especially when it defers from the OP.

Elysium 13-04-2018 04:23 AM

It's honestly too hard to tell you why everyone chases.

For me, I chased for many reasons. For one, I loved her and my guides were telling me very audibly to follow my heart and that it would take 8 years, haha. That never happened though

heartsound 13-04-2018 08:35 AM

Quote:

Made me smile