Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   General Beliefs (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Help needed (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133599)

hazada guess 25-01-2020 05:14 PM

Help needed

Please,I need assurance of the afterlife as I just met a third person who had a Heart attack and died briefly .All three said that all they saw when they had died(briefly) was blackness.I need some positive replies assuring me about the afterlife.As you all know,I'm a true believer but when you hear about things like that,It gives you doubts.
I have to go now,but I'll log on tomorrow and hopefully there will be replies to Further convince me.

Claude 25-01-2020 05:48 PM

Hi

This sounds like someone would call a dreamless sleep.

By blackness were they referring to as "how it was before birth"? Did they hold any beliefs when the NDE ocurred or prior to that? Did they tell anything about an oxygen deprived brain flooded by chemicals?

inavalan 25-01-2020 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hazada guess
Please,I need assurance of the afterlife as I just met a third person who had a Heart attack and died briefly .All three said that all they saw when they had died(briefly) was blackness.I need some positive replies assuring me about the afterlife.As you all know,I'm a true believer but when you hear about things like that,It gives you doubts.
I have to go now,but I'll log on tomorrow and hopefully there will be replies to Further convince me.

Not everybody who has an NDE remembers the inner experience, as you don't remember most of your dreams, and don't remember your pre-birth experiences.

Even more, those who have NDEs have distorted recollections, as you have about your dreams.

Assume there is an afterlife!
  • If you assume there isn't an afterlife, and there is one, then you'll have a surprise, and probably not a good one, because you'll regret living as if there is no afterlife (as they say "live as if there is no tomorrow")
  • If you assume there is an afterlife, and there isn't one, then you won't know, so you won't have any regrets.

hazada guess 26-01-2020 07:57 AM

Thanks inavalan,I will assume there is an afterlife.That is a good way of thinking,although I do remember my birth,I've written about it under *My Space*.

inavalan 26-01-2020 08:05 AM

Quote:

Thanks inavalan,I will assume there is an afterlife.That is a good way of thinking,although I do remember my birth,I've written about it under *My Space*.

You're welcome. :smile:

BigJohn 26-01-2020 09:06 AM

Quote:

Everybody is different.

I have had numerous NDEs and for the most part, experienced nothing.

It is impossible to prove who is right as it is those who we claim are 'wrong'.

Greenslade 26-01-2020 10:43 AM

Quote:

As a medium I would say go visit one and experience it for yourself. Other than that any medium will give you tales of how they communed between Spirit and a Loved One to bring peace and Love.

The conscious can literally stall' or disembody itself during trauma, it's a defence mechanism. It's probably another throw-back from when hominids were being munched on by lions and tigers and bears, oh my. Dying is about as traumatic as it gets. In one experience I was standing beside by body as I went through a trauma, and perceptually everything was so much clearer. Another time my consciousness was shown to a dark room and locked in while my brain/mind drove Mrs G and myself out of a potentially Life-threatening car smash. Or at least that's the image my mind was given.

ThatMan 26-01-2020 10:52 AM

Quote:

I've read many NDEs, they are all different, same see nothing, some see amazing things.

Listen to this: We are made exactly from the same things that the rest of the universe is made of, the building blocks of the Sun are also found in our bodies, we are the universe, we live in it and we are it, if we are aware that we exist, can't also the universe be aware too? We can't be something that the universe can't be simply because we are the universe, made exactly from the same things that are found everywhere in this universe. This is science, it's not imagination, it's not speculation, this is the truth.

We have a consciousness and so it means that the universe has a consciousness simply because we are the universe.

So rest assured, we never truly die.

hazada guess 26-01-2020 10:59 AM

Thank You all for your replies,especially Greenslade.I visited a medium last week,brilliant reading and several mediums at mt local Spiritualist church.It's just when someone says that,you're thoughts are disrupted:biggrin:
Greenslade,You've Described it perfectly.thank you.I can breath a sigh of relief.:D

BigJohn 26-01-2020 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenslade
As a medium I would say go visit one and experience it for yourself. Other than that any medium will give you tales of how they communed between Spirit and a Loved One to bring peace and Love.

The conscious can literally stall' or disembody itself during trauma, it's a defence mechanism. It's probably another throw-back from when hominids were being munched on by lions and tigers and bears, oh my. Dying is about as traumatic as it gets. In one experience I was standing beside by body as I went through a trauma, and perceptually everything was so much clearer. Another time my consciousness was shown to a dark room and locked in while my brain/mind drove Mrs G and myself out of a potentially Life-threatening car smash. Or at least that's the image my mind was given.

To me, it is 'fight or flight'. For example, 2 times I was in 2 different buildings when a vehicle hit the building. Each time I was able to get outside and stop the driver from driving a way. Where were the other people in the respective buildings? Almost frozen to the spot were they where when the vehicles hit the respective buildings. How we think people will react, is many cases, the opposite of how they will react.

As for almost dying traumatically, from what I have experienced, there is generally no pain. The body is running on automatic and so much 'stuff' is being pumped into the body, you generally do not feel anything.