Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Aromatherapy (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=109)
-   -   Personal Blends (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=113624)

Shivani Devi 20-05-2017 07:02 AM

Personal Blends

And so it was, my mother went on eBay and bought $500 worth of essential oils, carrier oils, glass vials and labels.

I've been having fun all afternoon creating my own 'signature perfumes' and my flat smells like a florist shop.

The one I am wearing right now (my favourite blend):

Carrier oil - grapeseed
Top notes - musk and peach
Middle note - vanilla
Bottom note - coconut

It smells like I am eating a peach crumble - I could eat myself.

I made another:

Carrier oil - almond
Top note - sweet orange
Middle note - lavender
Bottom note - sandalwood

A very heady, yet relaxing aromatic blend.

What essential oils do you like mixing together?

Patrycia-Rose 20-05-2017 09:49 AM

I had a go at creating a perfume / room spray the other day. In a base of rose water, I put rose absolute, geranium and ylang ylang. It's lush!

RedEmbers 25-05-2017 05:34 AM

I mixed tea tree and lavender in a dish of water for a cleaning solution the other day.. turns out lavender makes an excellent and nice smelling fly catcher...
I caught about 20 flys in one afternoon.

Ps your mixes sound delicious

Mikaela Kurahla 29-07-2017 04:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Necromancer
And so it was, my mother went on eBay and bought $500 worth of essential oils, carrier oils, glass vials and labels.

I've been having fun all afternoon creating my own 'signature perfumes' and my flat smells like a florist shop.

The one I am wearing right now (my favourite blend):

Carrier oil - grapeseed
Top notes - musk and peach
Middle note - vanilla
Bottom note - coconut

It smells like I am eating a peach crumble - I could eat myself.

I made another:

Carrier oil - almond
Top note - sweet orange
Middle note - lavender
Bottom note - sandalwood

A very heady, yet relaxing aromatic blend.

What essential oils do you like mixing together?

These sound so amazing. I like grapeseed oil as a carrier too. :) I have been using a lot of ylang ylang lately but haven't found anything I think will go with it yet.

Lemongrass and sage was the last one I mixed. I always get iffy with that third oil. :) Thanks for sharing these!

TinyToad 06-08-2017 02:53 AM

I like to experiment, and when I find combinations that do something for me, I add the medley to my personal list and keep a bottle of it stocked. I have several, though. Lately in the morning I find that I really enjoy waking up to a combination of orange, rosemary and a touch of peppermint. A lot of medleys I experience for the first time when whipping stuff together for other people. I had been collecting tidbits of conversation from my neighbor for several months to give me clues as to what she might like, and in the end I combined cedar and lavender with a touch of clove and a touch of patchouli. She really liked it, but so did I, haha. So wound up making us both a bottle.