Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Tarot and Oracle Cards (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=146)
-   -   My cards... (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=31976)

Loving_Soul 11-03-2012 10:11 AM

My cards...

If anyone would like to interpret the following that would be really appreciated...the reading was based around the relationship group - love...self growth/purpose etc

I used the Celtic Cross spread (11 cards in total)

1. V of Wands - represents me
2. IX of Wands - influences around Me
3. VIII Strength - influences just ahead
4. XI Justice - bases of past upon which present is taking place
5. VI of Swords - events just past or passing
6. Ace of Cups - broad influence in the near future
7. Ace of Pentacles - ahead - shows future
8. II of Pentacles reversed - shows fears
9. III The Empress - sum of all family and friends surrounding me
10. IX of Pentacles - hopes wishes aspirations and ambitions
11. Knight of Pentacles - the final outcome

Thanks so much in advance obviously I can interpret the basic meanings but if anyone feels compelled to go a bit further that would be great!

Loving_Soul 11-03-2012 11:49 PM

I'm sorry I'm new to this section - is this the right place to ask for assistance in interpretation of the cards?

Thanks again :)

green 12-03-2012 08:35 AM

well you can post here for help and you can ask for a reading in the reading section.
i'm sorry i can't help you at the moment, lack of time..
but you said you have some basic knowledge of the cards, so here is something you can do...and if you post i will continue helping you...

make this spread and don't try to understand everything, try to come up or out with one answer: what shell i do now regarding my question?
something you can DO...so while that day and the next day you will have something to DO... the idea is to have something practical. abstract things and ideas about your soul and mind are more complex to handle but if you have something practical- for the example: don't spend any money at the moment, it is clear and it is something you can do...
take it step by step...and very soon you will be able to give yourself meaningful readings..

hope this helps

G

Loving_Soul 12-03-2012 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by green
well you can post here for help and you can ask for a reading in the reading section.
i'm sorry i can't help you at the moment, lack of time..
but you said you have some basic knowledge of the cards, so here is something you can do...and if you post i will continue helping you...

make this spread and don't try to understand everything, try to come up or out with one answer: what shell i do now regarding my question?
something you can DO...so while that day and the next day you will have something to DO... the idea is to have something practical. abstract things and ideas about your soul and mind are more complex to handle but if you have something practical- for the example: don't spend any money at the moment, it is clear and it is something you can do...
take it step by step...and very soon you will be able to give yourself meaningful readings..

hope this helps

G

It does - I understand - baby steps huh :)

I have recently been through a pretty amazing awakening...I took these cards as a reinforcement that I am doing exactly what I am meant to be doing...the past cards as I read it are pretty accurate - I guess my inquisitiveness was about expanding the interpretation of the last 5 cards - intuition tells
Me this is a very accurate spread of where my path will lead if I continue as I have been - thanks so much for the response :)

I guess effectively what I am asking for is a reading but I was hoping that I would learn how the cards have signified the interpretation from the reader who helps if that makes sense...somehow I know if I can learn to trust my intuition more by doing spreads on myself then it may give me confidence to branch out in time :)

Thanks again for yr response anyone else's feedback would really be appreciated also!

green 12-03-2012 09:26 AM

you said it love: trust your intuitions, trust is the major key in understanding the cards, as sometimes you will get the most clear answers but you will refuse to take it as it will make no sense to you..

well, can't help at the moment with doing a reading sorry but maybe someone else will take on that?
good luck

G

norseman 12-03-2012 10:28 AM

Not much point is my offering an interpretation because I use a pagan mythology tarot and you are obviously using a Rider-Waite or similar.

You could expand your basic knowledge here www.learntarot.com
Open it up, look in the yellow column on the left and click on "cards".
Each card has one or two pages on individual meanings, so that might give you more ideas.

One point [IMO]. Instead of seeing the cards as singles, look for connections between them. Your final reading on all the cards ought to give a continuous story.
Hope that helps a little :D

Loving_Soul 12-03-2012 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by green
you said it love: trust your intuitions, trust is the major key in understanding the cards, as sometimes you will get the most clear answers but you will refuse to take it as it will make no sense to you..

well, can't help at the moment with doing a reading sorry but maybe someone else will take on that?
good luck

G

Lol if anything it's the opposite on this spread - if my basic understanding is right they project exactly what I would desire which is where the distrust comes in because I'm worried I am reading it the way I want to read it rather than from a non emotive perspective if that makes sense ?!?!

Thanks again for taking the time to reply :) love & light to you

Loving_Soul 12-03-2012 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by norseman
Not much point is my offering an interpretation because I use a pagan mythology tarot and you are obviously using a Rider-Waite or similar.

You could expand your basic knowledge here www.learntarot.com
Open it up, look in the yellow column on the left and click on "cards".
Each card has one or two pages on individual meanings, so that might give you more ideas.

One point [IMO]. Instead of seeing the cards as singles, look for connections between them. Your final reading on all the cards ought to give a continuous story.
Hope that helps a little :D

Yes thank you this does help :)

I did try and view them as a whole picture - I noticed yellow is a predominant colour as well as white then blue - I noticed The Empress next to the IX of Pentacles which signifies pregnancy which I think is kind of ironic considering I have a 17 year old but still feel like there is a little girl spirit by my side and has been for years - anyway I will take your advice from the link and see what more I can discover - thanks for yr help :)

Loving_Soul 13-03-2012 12:25 PM

Am I going about this the wrong way?

Sorry for my ignorance I am new in this thread and am use to being on threads that help or feedback is a lot more forthcoming - is there something I am missing? A protocol I should follow?

I ask for help 1 because I'm new but also because I don't know much about how "will" plays a part in reading for yrself - I seem to get spreads that very much say what I want and it's causing distrust in me because I wonder if I'm just willing the cards to show me what I want - is this possible?

Thanks again to those who have responded :)

Altair 05-04-2012 10:39 PM

I have often wondered myself when I am interpreting my own spreads or cards if I am just reading them because that is what I want to see, but each card in my specific deck has a specific meaning. I just try to see if it relates to my question and to my life. In the case of the first card you drawn the 10 of wands according to my deck and picture (I use the pictures to help draw out intuition and feeling and I call upon my spirit guides to help as well), the card represents carrying burdens. The man is holding all 10 wands and it could mean he is feeling stressed out with things in life or whatever pertaining to the question and he is carrying all of this load. This is just an example. Maybe post what you think your cards mean and we can take it from there so it is more of a learning experience, I guess.