Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Healing (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   A Course In Miracles (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=17801)

Racer X 21-06-2011 01:27 AM

A Course In Miracles

I attended an ACIM group and they were repeating the old patterns~

By clinging to the words instead of the SPIRIT behind the words they repeated the past of every religion and turned it into a belief system instead of finding themselves they were struggling to remain above the water~

No Spiritual teaching will lead you out of inner misery as a "belief" ............

Yes, you will likely have to believe for a bit but do not remain there or you will chase your tail forever~

Connect to your own INNER voice which transcends the Reasoning Mind and then let all past rules and beliefs dissolve as it guides you to your bliss~

Miss Hepburn 21-06-2011 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Racer X
I attended an ACIM group and they were repeating the old patterns~

By clinging to the words instead of the SPIRIT behind the words they repeated the past of every religion and turned it into a belief system instead of finding themselves they were struggling to remain above the water~

No Spiritual teaching will lead you out of inner misery as a "belief" ............

Yes, you will likely have to believe for a bit but do not remain there or you will chase your tail forever~

Connect to your own INNER voice which transcends the Reasoning Mind and then let all past rules and beliefs dissolve as it guides you to your bliss~

Yup, each group is different. My group seems to transcend beliefs, for sure.
:smile:

Racer X 26-06-2011 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Yup, each group is different. My group seems to transcend beliefs, for sure.
:smile:

Yes......that is it~! To move past belief, for belief can last so many billions of years, into the transition of LIVING what IS.......LOVE!

Miss Hepburn 26-06-2011 05:12 PM

Well, beliefs are so limiting!

What I actually thought was true for my whole life - I found out was not.
It was like doing a drug - it was so mind expanding to be freed from such limited thinking.

Now, I know to be even more flexible and open to so many new things.

Belief = I don't know.

Rivendoah 26-06-2011 06:52 PM

Quote:

Belief = I don't know.

I agree 100 percent!

Nothing real can be threatened.
Nothing unreal exists.

7luminaries 28-06-2011 01:38 PM

Quote:

It was like doing a drug - it was so mind expanding to be freed from such limited thinking.

Belief = I don't know.

;) Everything is a miracle.
We just happen to notice the "unusual ones" more often.

Peace & blessings,
7L

Racer X 11-07-2011 06:27 PM

Quote:

Belief = I don't know.

Belief= I don't know but I think I know~! :D

This is the truly "Limiting" nature of belief. We get stuck when we do not KNOW but "think" we know, this is belief. Manly P Hall noted that there is a limit to the reasoning mind, the Divine Mind has no such limit. One could say "We fell from our Unlimited Natural state into a lesser reasoning state."

I know a woman who constantly complains about her long dead husband. She says "He was so tight with his money he would not even give me money to buy my kids shoes." She clung to this "belief" for 40+ years until.......she began to live as a miser. She would not fix the things which needed repair and thus when one thing broke it led to another and another breaking. Her "belief" caused her greater and greater worry, her things broke down further and further, her health declined further and further, she poisoned her relationships with her false "beliefs" and then she .......

that final line has not yet been written. She could transcend the limiting belief by the power of forgiveness or that final line will be a tragic line indeed.

When she is "stuck" in that limited belief her energy field is like that of diving into a vat of used motor oil! :redface:............:D

She studied all the "right" beliefs but failed to ACT upon them. Many in Spiritual circles fall into this trap~ To replace one set of beliefs with another higher set of beliefs but to entirely MISS THE MARK buy failure to ACT. We must "become" that which we are and not believe we are there until........WE ARE~

When we are there in a permanent "NEW FIELD OF BEING" ......it no longer feels New. Most, as I, will fade in and out of this field, perhaps to give a greater understanding of misery itself~!

Xan 11-07-2011 11:49 PM

Beliefs are merely what the mind substitutes when lacking direct experience in the Truth. Just a mistaken understanding, really.

Rather than speaking against them in judgment, how about speaking for discovering the spirit within.

Xan

Racer X 12-07-2011 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xan
Beliefs are merely what the mind substitutes when lacking direct experience in the Truth. Just a mistaken understanding, really.

Rather than speaking against them in judgment

There is NO THEM~ Them means separation which is not of Spirit, Spirit is ONE and cannot be separate. "Them" is a reflection of EGO and so to speak out against them is merely to SHINE the LIGHT of SPIRIT onto EGO(them).

, how about speaking for discovering the spirit within.

To Shine the LIGHT on EGO is to clear the way to SPIRIT. No one finds the Light of Spirit covered in EGO, that is why so many find it only after hitting rock bottom .......at rock bottom they turn from EGO and head back to Spirit. Denial fades and Truth begins to shine.

Xan

Judgment is an illusion.....

You are assuming~

Ask Self "Why am I assuming here? What am I to see that I am not seeing?"

Did you "react" defensively when you read the above? or Did you see how I was pointing towards a deeper discovery of Spirit within?

Pointing to Spirit within does not make one blind to what happens in the outer world of illusion. This is not judgment although it often is mistaken for that. The last fragments of EGO cling to such beliefs to hold Spirit hostage to complete freedom. Shine your full Light on this and watch what happens.....

Xan 12-07-2011 08:38 PM

Well Racer... You are judging, and justifying it with some beautiful quotes.

I lived in an ACIM community for 3 years and I know that game well.

blessings on your path of inner discovery
Xan