Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Death & The Afterlife (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   A readiness to die (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=33686)

Invidia Luxe 09-04-2012 02:42 AM

A readiness to die

A while back, another member posted a thread about having a desire to die, but not commit suicide. My experience is slightly different, and I'd like to get different views on it.

I don't have an immediate desire to die, but a readiness to die, if that makes any sense. I wish to live a life that will more than likely lead to an early death, and if that happens, then so be it. For many years I have wanted to adopt a money-lite lifestyle and gradually get to the point where I live money-free. A friend of mine has been living without money for over a decade and his philosophy is that when mother earth is ready to take him back, then so be it. I feel strongly about living this life with more authenticity, and in my case, it means that I have to take more calculated risks. I have tried to get this across to other people, but they insist that I should focus on living longer, planning for retirement, and staying safe.

Does anyone else what it feels like to be ready for death at any age?

Enigmatic Spammos 09-04-2012 03:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StarSkye
A while back, another member posted a thread about having a desire to die, but not commit suicide. My experience is slightly different, and I'd like to get different views on it.

I don't have an immediate desire to die, but a readiness to die, if that makes any sense. I wish to live a life that will more than likely lead to an early death, and if that happens, then so be it. For many years I have wanted to adopt a money-lite lifestyle and gradually get to the point where I live money-free. A friend of mine has been living without money for over a decade and his philosophy is that when mother earth is ready to take him back, then so be it. I feel strongly about living this life with more authenticity, and in my case, it means that I have to take more calculated risks. I have tried to get this across to other people, but they insist that I should focus on living longer, planning for retirement, and staying safe.

I do have a desire to die. But my desire is not blameworthy, it is not a sinful desire. It is based and produced by the infused Theological Virtues.
Charity which loves God above everything else, perfect hope and perfect faith. I desire to be with God to love Him for all eternity. I desire for my soul to be saved. I believe everything God revealed and I hope to be there as soon as possible.

ribiq 09-04-2012 05:22 AM

StarSkye, yeah for sure. I've grown to feel like I'm always ready to die; confidence in continuity of consciousness. And I get what you're saying about living independent of money. I want to live on a commune once I am free of debt; unattached living like that is the purest freedom. And I like that you put that with the fear of death question because I would say these might be the two biggest things that keep us from living completely free lives: fear of death, and attachment to economic systems.

Take all the risks you want, even uncalculated ones! Your life is your own, and the more chances you give crazy things to work out, the more likely it is that they will. Don't let anybody slow you down in those goals and the cultivation of those ideas you have.

Gregatha 09-04-2012 06:38 AM

Quote:

Hi Mate, I'm intrigued by your post....ican't help but wonder..what are you going to be doing that might lead you to an early death? Do you plan on going wild in the wilderness...and hunting man eating animals for food or something like that?........To answer your question do i feel ready for death.....no, i still have to much to do in this life....Cheers :hug3:

res 09-04-2012 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ribiq
StarSkye, yeah for sure. I've grown to feel like I'm always ready to die; confidence in continuity of consciousness. And I get what you're saying about living independent of money. I want to live on a commune once I am free of debt; unattached living like that is the purest freedom. And I like that you put that with the fear of death question because I would say these might be the two biggest things that keep us from living completely free lives: fear of death, and attachment to economic systems.

Take all the risks you want, even uncalculated ones! Your life is your own, and the more chances you give crazy things to work out, the more likely it is that they will. Don't let anybody slow you down in those goals and the cultivation of those ideas you have.

Can i ask you a few questions ribiq. Are you qualified to be giving this advice to someone that you know nothing about. Have you considered that they may have brought children in to this world that rely on them? Have you considered the hurt and future consequences that these children may have inflicted upon them as a result of starskye taking risks in hope of passing over and succeeding? Do you realise that if starsky takes a risk and walks out in front of a bus that you have played a part in her actions and you may be held accountable on your day of judgement? This is someones son/daughter that you are playing with and may be unbalanced for all you know (not saying you are starsky).

Im sorry but i am sick to death of people spouting off about the afterlife and how great it is when none of you have proof that it even exists apart form a few pages of fiction and a vision here and there when someone has a near death experience. Starsky hasnt shown an age and could be a child for all we know that you are leading toward something that is not clearly defined and being that you are 21 id say you havent seen enough of life to be in a position to make such judgements and offer such advice.

This is supposed to be a spiritual forum and i have yet to see a spiritual group that suggests ways to end your life quicker that wasnt a suicide cult of some sort. This kind of talk is not healthy and i feel it should have no place in these forums. MODERATORS???

You want to know a secret, if there is even the slightest hint of intent to die when you carry out an act that causes your death it is suicide and if you are religious you know where you will be going. What if you are all wrong and its not all it has been hyped to be. Are you all that gullable to walk the rail of a bridge in hopes that you overbalance as god will catch your soul? If you are not religious then i just feel sorry for those that love you and that you may have to watch them greive and suffer at your word.

Enough is enough!

Buzz 09-04-2012 07:09 AM

I get where you are coming from with this Starskye. This is not about suicide or a morbid longing to get off this silly piece of rock, there is a deeper aspect to this.
Zen refers to the state of dying into life. Or dying that you may truly live. It pertains to overcoming or transending the fear of mortal death so as to fully experience life.
It is truly the opposite of a deathly pursuit. The state has manifested for me during a period of awakening. My mind took it to mean suicide and went off on a tangent. When those thoughts dissapated I was left with a total acceptance and willingness to allow this body to die. However I was also left with a great passion to experience life.
This may sound bat**** crazy to some but I think it is a case of you had to be there. :)

Solitude 09-04-2012 07:22 AM

I haven't seen anybody in the forums advocate suicide. StarSkye is not looking for ways to commit suicide but seems to want to live a life that has some kind of risk and accept the consequences whatever happens. Many live that way. Other people may have different views of how to lead life and want to share it here.

I'll speak about my own view: I've seen someone die slowly in his thirties. After he died, I hoped I would not stay too long (without suicidal thoughts). Before he died, he said ''your life is precious, you have a beautiful life''. After a while, I changed my mind and wanted to live to the end. Everything I have to do, I want to do it. But because I have seen that person die, I know my life can end tomorrow, in a year, in five or in thirty years. However long it is, I'll go to the end of the path. And when it's time to go, I know how to do it, however slowly it comes, because I have seen someone do it well. But I believe you have to take what you were given, a life, and go to the bottom of it.

The person I knew who died did not want to go at age 35. He had better things to do than die. But, in the end, he knew he had to do it and he released his anger, his will to live, confident he had done the most he could and that he had fought a good fight too.

Invidia Luxe 09-04-2012 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzz
I get where you are coming from with this Starskye. This is not about suicide or a morbid longing to get off this silly piece of rock, there is a deeper aspect to this.
Zen refers to the state of dying into life. Or dying that you may truly live. It pertains to overcoming or transending the fear of mortal death so as to fully experience life.
It is truly the opposite of a deathly pursuit. The state has manifested for me during a period of awakening. My mind took it to mean suicide and went off on a tangent. When those thoughts dissapated I was left with a total acceptance and willingness to allow this body to die. However I was also left with a great passion to experience life.
This may sound bat**** crazy to some but I think it is a case of you had to be there. :)

Buzz, you are spot on. I have felt this on and off for the past two years.

res 09-04-2012 07:57 AM

Quote:

I wish to live a life that will more than likely lead to an early death, and if that happens, then so be it.

I may have mis understood this but is this not a deathly pursuit Buzz?

Does this invole things like taking up smoking heavily to block the lungs or drinking to excess to wreck the liver or taking drugs with a risk to overdose or having sex with aids affected persons as there is no cure?

How would you carry out this slow suicide starsky and is it really any different to just getting it over with quickly?

Do you think you can trick your higher self or any other higher being in to thinking that you died innocently?

Does following someones spiritual teaching make this any different to any other suicide that ever was?

I dont understand?

Buzz 09-04-2012 08:27 AM

I simply related my own experiences and felt it may resonate with him. I took Starskypes words a different way and didn't feel that he has suicidal tendancies nor would I encourage that. I also take deep offence if you are insinuiting I did and suggest you reread what I said. Sometimes you need to sit and have a deeper look before going off half cocked after all this is a spiritual forum and the lines are bound to get blurred. If you don't agree thats fine, just report it.