Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   General Beliefs (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   human body or spiritual body? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=62418)

helloquepaso 23-01-2014 01:52 PM

human body or spiritual body?

wondering what you guys think. Would you rather live in a human body or spiritual body?

Rawnrr 23-01-2014 01:57 PM

We already do both......either one or the other would feel like a half-life.

WhiteWarrior 23-01-2014 02:10 PM

You can choose what your spiritual body looks like. Heh. Ask any medium how many ugly spirits they have seen... bad beings not included. For my part I look very much forward to have only a spirit body.

helloquepaso 23-01-2014 02:29 PM

shoot. im going to make sure my spirit looks good, got to attract other good looking spirits.

SpiritCarrier 23-01-2014 11:28 PM

What our spirit body looks like is irrelevant once we are in spirit form. It is our true self, what we are without form. Being pretty or ugly has no meaning in spirit. I have seen many spirits and they have chosen to show themselves to me in a form I will identify with, not necessarily a form they identify themselves with.

Example: A grandmother once showed herself to me in the form that her grandson would recognize, once I relayed the experience to him. However my mother has chosen to show herself to me in her younger more healthy form.

I hope this answers your question.

Peace and Light,
SC

wstein 24-01-2014 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWarrior
You can choose what your spiritual body looks like.

Though your energy body tends to conform roughly to the shape of your physical body, it too can be changed to any shape. Typically it becomes more spherical when away from he physical form.

Albalida 24-01-2014 05:32 AM

Both.

Obviously, without a spiritual body the human body would be dead or catatonic.

But less obviously, without the human body the spirit has not even an echo of form or focus. The spirit would be the spiritual equivalent of dead-or-catatonic without the human body.

wstein 24-01-2014 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Albalida
But less obviously, without the human body the spirit has not even an echo of form or focus. The spirit would be the spiritual equivalent of dead-or-catatonic without the human body.

Without form, yes. However, spirit does not require a parking spot (body) to be focused and aware. I don't know if you believe in multiple incarnations, but between lifetimes the spirit is far more than vapor waiting for a vessel.

Albalida 24-01-2014 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wstein
Without form, yes. However, spirit does not require a parking spot (body) to be focused and aware. I don't know if you believe in multiple incarnations, but between lifetimes the spirit is far more than vapor waiting for a vessel.

I wouldn't prefer that, though.

Frankly, I think the topic title is a very immature question.

SpiritCarrier 24-01-2014 12:15 PM

No question should be ridiculed or made fun of. Questions are how we learn and if someone feels embarrassed to ask a question then their learning has been stunted. I know no one here would want to stunt someones learning. The question may seem immature to some but it is as valid as any, depending on where we are on our journey.

In my view it is natural to wonder what our essence will be like when in spirit form and to compare it with the form we possess now. helloquepaso, I think what we are trying to help you understand is that the form is not the important part as that can be different depending on who is seeing it. The important part is that in the spirit realm it is not important what we look like, there are many more options to explore once we are not incumbered by a physical body.

Peace Light and Learning,
SC