Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Christianity (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Do you find Christmas spiritual? (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133155)

Honza 24-12-2019 12:35 PM

Do you find Christmas spiritual?
 
As a Christian or not; do you find Christmas spiritual? Personally I believe that Jesus came from God and therefore I find Christmas very spiritual. It is not just 'another' festival. It is the celebration of God coming to earth to save us.

I love Christmas time. It is full of Christ's spirit.

ImthatIm 24-12-2019 12:51 PM

As you describe it, it is spiritual.
A time of giving and blessing.
Quote:

Then the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid, for behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy which will be to all people.

sky123 24-12-2019 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Honza
As a Christian or not; do you find Christmas spiritual? Personally I believe that Jesus came from God and therefore I find Christmas very spiritual. It is not just 'another' festival. It is the celebration of God coming to earth to save us.

I love Christmas time. It is full of Christ's spirit.




No I do not find it spiritual....

ImthatIm 24-12-2019 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sky123
No I do not find it spiritual....


Bah! Humbug!

Merry Christmas sky123.

hallow 25-12-2019 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Honza
As a Christian or not; do you find Christmas spiritual? Personally I believe that Jesus came from God and therefore I find Christmas very spiritual. It is not just 'another' festival. It is the celebration of God coming to earth to save us.

I love Christmas time. It is full of Christ's spirit.

As much as don't want to admit it, I find spiritual. It's the Christmas spirit of others that makes the spirit itself. Marry Christmas everyone!!

summer26 25-12-2019 10:44 AM

Merry Christmas !

Honza 25-12-2019 11:34 AM

Unfortunately reality hit home this Christmas. I am very aware that I am in denial that I AM. It is making me ill. How does one make peace with I AM? With ones own self?

sky123 25-12-2019 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Honza
Unfortunately reality hit home this Christmas. I am very aware that I am in denial that I AM. It is making me ill. How does one make peace with I AM? With ones own self?



Don't make peace with it, put it on the back burner for now and when the time is right it will all come together...
It's not worth making yourself I'll, you seem to be battling this for a very long time, let it go, it's not for you at this moment in time, put it to rest. :smile:




God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, Courage to change the things I can, and Wisdom to know the difference.

Honza 25-12-2019 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sky123
Don't make peace with it, put it on the back burner for now and when the time is right it will all come together...
It's not worth making yourself I'll, you seem to be battling this for a very long time, let it go, it's not for you at this moment in time, put it to rest. :smile:

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, Courage to change the things I can, and Wisdom to know the difference.


What I was trying to say is that my self rejection is making me ill. I feel the need to accept myself. It is not so much the argument with I AM that is making me ill. It is the lack of self acceptance. It has all been on the back burner for too long. It is now coming to the crux.

sky123 25-12-2019 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Honza
What I was trying to say is that my self rejection is making me ill. I feel the need to accept myself. It is not so much the argument with I AM that is making me ill. It is the lack of self acceptance. It has all been on the back burner for too long. It is now coming to the crux.



Ah now I understand you better, would it help if I tried to explain the self that your rejecting is not your true self... I doubt it would help because when I have tried previously you start getting angry and insulting me for my beliefs etc:

I sincerely hope you find some inner peace :hug:


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:13 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums