Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Signs & Synchronicities (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=142)
-   -   What causes synchronistic events? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=31913)

MattParkman 10-03-2012 12:12 AM

What causes synchronistic events?

What causes if anything synchronistic events?
I have between 10 and 50 synchronistic events directly related to my current conscious thought daily. For instance sometimes a word will be synchronized with a word in my thought stream from the backround music I'm not paying attention to. Does anyone think there is a cause or is it luck or random. I think there is a cause.

Quintessence 10-03-2012 12:35 AM

All events have a cause; the perception of it being synchronistic occurs because humans naturally seek connections between disparate events. If they can be said to be disparate in an interconnected universe of causes-and-effects...

Xan 10-03-2012 02:20 AM

As our consciousness begins to awaken and expand we are more in alignment with the interconnectedness of everything, even without belief in it. This is not just a spiritual concept but studied thoroughly in quantum science.

Xan

Gracey 10-03-2012 02:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattParkman
I have between 10 and 50 synchronistic events directly related to my current conscious thought daily. For instance sometimes a word will be synchronized with a word in my thought stream from the backround music I'm not paying attention to. Does anyone think there is a cause or is it luck or random. I think there is a cause.

what do you think is the cause? this happens everyday to me since 1998, would be interested in hearing another perception from someone else who experiences this.

Rin 10-03-2012 05:07 AM

Quote:

There is a cause, and the cause is you. The synchronicity is not in the events but you noticing that 2 connectable events have occurred almost simultaneously, and then making the connection.

Synchronicity is not about what happens but about how you connect that.

ravenstar 10-03-2012 05:43 PM

Hi Matt,

To add another piece to your ongoing puzzle, a synchronicity is a chance encounter that usually seems to be cosmically orchestrasted. Synchronicities seem to come together at a certain time giving us exactly what we need....there is a flow around us...things just seem to happen, showing us there is something much greater at work here that cannot be logically explained. Sometimes it can be felt as an intuitive flash or it can slowly evolve over a period of time.

Sometimes we can have a very emotional dream which helps us gain insight into something and we actively act upon it. Another type of sychronicity is when a symbol of some kind, a song, a word, a phrase gives us insight into a personal problem or situtation. :smile:

Zeitgeist 10-03-2012 07:29 PM

I would echo what others have said. For me synchronicity is like an open door, an invite into understanding that this world is not real, at least not the way we have been brought up to view it. My journey now has been 3 years counting and I have honestly no idea where this is going, but that's probably a sign that I continue to be connected to the Tao.

Happy traveling,

Zeitgeist

Quintessence 10-03-2012 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rin
There is a cause, and the cause is you. The synchronicity is not in the events but you noticing that 2 connectable events have occurred almost simultaneously, and then making the connection.

Synchronicity is not about what happens but about how you connect that.

Excellent way of putting it!

Deusdrum 11-03-2012 11:22 AM

Interesting question. Very chicken and egg-esque. Is it that i am in tune for the synchronicities to happen and notice them, that they happen? Or would they happen regardless and inevitably? Law of attraction?

I like that line in a song that goes, "Follow me and i will come to you."

Or also seek and you shall find. I find my synchronicities come in waves, or go in cycles. Sometimes it will be constant and big ones, other times less so. Is it just a natural way that they come and go? Or is it dependent upon me aligning myself in order to receive them?

Are there certain things that are destined to happen? Where does our freedom of choice cross such a line, and how much power do we really have? Similar questions. Where do choice and destiny meet?

I haven't read any responses yet, but scrolling up now i see some of the ones above seem to address such questions. The Celestine Prophecy has an interesting take on it. Raise your energy vibration basically. Speaking of 'cause', Carl Jung who coined the term synchronicity called it 'an acausal connecting principle.' I guess it has to do with time too. Timing, may be more accurate. As it is sometimes a case of,

"and then, just at that very moment.."

amy green 11-03-2012 11:40 AM

Quote:

Very interesting question matt. I tend to agree with Ravenstar's post (above) when saying that it seems cosmically orchestrated and that it gives you what you need. This has been my experience and it's just so wonderful. Also with Xan that when your consciousness is awakened there is an alignment with interconnectedness to everything.

Matt, I also have this weird word "synchronicity" happening often to me. What frequently occurs is that I'm reading and listening to the radio when an unusual word (not currently in the media) will be heard the split second that I am reading it. Sometimes 2 rare words together! It always stops me in my tracks and feels otherworldly/magical BUT I don't understand it, e.g. if it's supposed to be telling me something. What the words say never seem to directly resonate with me (i.e. hold a meaning) and synchronicity is supposed to be about causally unrelated things coinciding in a meaningful manner. It feels like synchronicity in as much that the degree of probability of reading and hearing such odd words together (the very same second) seem highly unlikely. Feedback anyone? :confused: