Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Soulmates & Twin Flames (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Twin flame recognition not immediate (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=24278)

quantumleopard 24-10-2011 03:24 AM

Twin flame recognition not immediate

Hi everyone, I'm a 'newbie' here to this forum.

I've been reading quite a bit about twin flames and it seems that it mostly is an instantaeous thing……you recognise, or suspect, that the person is a twin flame (or a deep soul connection or whatever you want to call it) almost immediately.

In my case, it didn't happen immediately. It wasn't until the third time I got to spend some time time with this person that the spark ignited, and this was over the space of a few years. The very first time I met tf it was briefly for only a few hours. No effect (but a sublimal feeling of 'hmmm, that person was nice' and compatibility). A couple of years passed and then some more time was spent with tf in a group scenario over a few days. Again, no effect and I didn't give tf another thought. Yet another year or two passed and then some more time was spent with tf in another group scenario but this time I was in closer physical proximity. This time, the spark ignited and……WHAM!!! No turning back and the intense feelings escalated within a very short space of time. And tf has been on my mind 24/7 for over a year since then.

If it wasn't instant recognition, does this mean it isn't a twin flame? Maybe just a normal falling in love process?

veronicax 24-10-2011 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quantumleopard
Hi everyone, I'm a 'newbie' here to this forum.

I've been reading quite a bit about twin flames and it seems that it mostly is an instantaeous thing……you recognise, or suspect, that the person is a twin flame (or a deep soul connection or whatever you want to call it) almost immediately.

In my case, it didn't happen immediately. It wasn't until the third time I got to spend some time time with this person that the spark ignited, and this was over the space of a few years. The very first time I met tf it was briefly for only a few hours. No effect (but a sublimal feeling of 'hmmm, that person was nice' and compatibility). A couple of years passed and then some more time was spent with tf in a group scenario over a few days. Again, no effect and I didn't give tf another thought. Yet another year or two passed and then some more time was spent with tf in another group scenario but this time I was in closer physical proximity. This time, the spark ignited and……WHAM!!! No turning back and the intense feelings escalated within a very short space of time. And tf has been on my mind 24/7 for over a year since then.

If it wasn't instant recognition, does this mean it isn't a twin flame? Maybe just a normal falling in love process?

I don't think this discounts him/her as your TF. I did not notice or even close t think my TF was that until months into our friendship. Everyone has a different level of awareness. :hug3:

gypsymystique 24-10-2011 10:31 AM

You have to be ready to see something before you can see it. It is only immediate if you are ready to recognize the other person and/or the relationship.

HiItsJustMeAgain 24-10-2011 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gypsymystique
You have to be ready to see something before you can see it. It is only immediate if you are ready to recognize the other person and/or the relationship.

i second that. We recognize our twins only when we are ready to do so.

quantumleopard 24-10-2011 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gypsymystique

That makes sense, especially since the 'moment' of recognition' when it finally happened to me was like a lightning bolt (it was the eye contact thing actually). When this moment happened it was like I suddenly got the key to tf's soul and a switch was turned on. Thanks for your reply.

sesheta 24-10-2011 03:23 PM

I didn't really have that "lightning bolt" moment either. I know I felt very comfortable and at ease with my TF from the first time I met him, but I didn't really start to feel any strong connection until months later. It just kind of grew until I suddenly realized how deep our connection really was - and it's been a steady flame ever since!

SerpentQueen 24-10-2011 04:26 PM

I can only speak for myself and my own experiences, but when we first met I could barely look him in the eyes because it was so overwhelming. I remember there was this ... glow... all around him. I know it sounds pathetically sappy, but it was literally like rays of sunshine emanating out from him, the heavens opening up and singing. LOL. Then there was a moment when our hands brushed and a surge of electricity flowed between us and startled us both... and it was that instant, that instant... I just knew.

At the time I had no clue about the term "twin flames" -- I just knew ... something I could not verbalize and it took me years and years to verbalize it; the whole twin flame thing only gives me a language but even it does not quite express the feeling behind the experience.

In the days following I started having visions and hearing messages and experiencing a state of joy and bliss, as well as a sort of telepathy in which I could pick up on everyone's emotions... all that stuff... this was NOT typical to any sort of infatuation/falling in love I've ever experienced in my life -- and I have dated hundreds of people and fallen in love countless times -- this was and has always been very very different. These things only happen to me when he's around, and I've had years and years to confirm that pattern.

My husband is a soul mate -- of the harmonious type. The universe conspired, through syncs, to get me to go out with him in the first place, as I was in no mood to date anyone and was sure I'd never want to date anyone else ever again. I thought he was charming, attractive and had potential and yes, he grew on me. But when we met, it was nothing like the sort of experience I had when I first met twin.

Viola 24-10-2011 08:50 PM

No, it wasn't immediate. But since I was married, I probably wasn't ready or willing to see it. It took a few weeks, and when it hit, it hit HARD. But before that I felt very drawn to hin, and close to him. I kept thinking, "I if were a man, that would be me." Which I thought was strange. I didn't know anything about twiin flames then.

quantumleopard 25-10-2011 04:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SerpentQueen
I can only speak for myself and my own experiences, but when we first met I could barely look him in the eyes because it was so overwhelming. I remember there was this ... glow... all around him.

Yes I've heard of a few other cases where people actually saw a glow around their tf. I didn't quite see a glow around my tf, but I certainly found the eye contact with him quite overwhelming once we made connection through the eyes and the 'switch' was turned on. I've noticed that the eye contact thing seems to be a common element with people who have met their suspected tf. When I look into the tf's eyes it's almost like looking into my own eyes and I feel like I'm being drawn deep into their soul, sort of like coming home. Like you SQ, over my lifetime I've also fallen in love a few times and dated many others, however I've never had the same eye connection thing with any of these people (including my own partner) and I suspect I never will with anyone else. Since having this experience with tf I've even tried experimenting with looking deep into other people's eyes to see whether I can get the same connection......it never happens of course lol.

quantumleopard 25-10-2011 04:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viola
No, it wasn't immediate. But since I was married, I probably wasn't ready or willing to see it. It took a few weeks, and when it hit, it hit HARD. But before that I felt very drawn to hin, and close to him. I kept thinking, "I if were a man, that would be me." Which I thought was strange. I didn't know anything about twiin flames then.

This is similiar to what happened to me, I was in a long-term relationship when I first met tf so I wasn't even looking for a connection with anyone else, nor did I know anything about twin flames, so I probably wasn't ready to see it at the time. Like you though I was sublimally drawn to him and I can remember I used to love to see his name in my inbox more than anyone else's, even before 'the connection' happened. And I also had this feeling that he was sort of a male version of me. But when it hit, yes...it hit HARD. Oh yes.