Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Health (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   intermittent fasting (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=147275)

Shrek 25-08-2023 02:41 AM

intermittent fasting

I want to share my experience doing intermittent fasting since 2018,

this fasting is good and have benefit for me,
My body become healthier, my gastric pains completely healed,

I can comfortably shower with cold water in cold areas (18 Celsius / 64 F)
I often use warm water before, sleep with a blanket always,
Now I sleep with no blanket, no clothes, only wearing shorts,

I drink black coffee too in the morning, a cup a day since I began fasting, sometimes 2,

I usually eat at 3 PM, sometimes for months, I eat at 6 PM or 7 PM,
and once or two in a month, I fasting for 2 or 3 days straight,
72 hours with no calories, only water and black coffee,

I never skipped this fasting, even a day, for five years.
almost 4 hours window

*mostly 20:4, (20 hour fast, with a 4 hour eating window)

Aldous 12-10-2023 11:55 AM

I read about this before and started a daily partial fast where I don't eat until 11 am and don't eat after 7 pm every day and have continued that for a while. I don't remember when I started it. I might have been doing it for a couple years. Before that, I kept saturated fat, sodium and sugar to a low level in my diet.

Miss Hepburn 12-10-2023 02:42 PM

Thank you, you re-inspired me...I did it for 2 or 3 weeks and found it easy!
I stopped eating at 2 or 3 pm easily after the first 3 days...breakfast at 6 or 7 am.
So the 16: 8 hr.
An 8 hr window eating is just fine!

If I had to eat at, say, 5 pm ---no big deal - breakfast at 9 am.
The intestines need a rest and the body is amazing ---when not digesting food it turns back on itself and ''self cleans''.
Yay! :smile:

Gem 12-10-2023 10:25 PM

Only during meditation training as there's no food after 12 noon until breakfast at 6am

Midrich 03-01-2024 10:13 PM

I fast one day a week . It usually winds up being about 36 to forty hours . My health has improved dramatically . My digestion is better and my bowels have returned to what I feel is normal . I am a great believer in this practice but family thinks I am a nut . Keep it to yourself what you are doing . As soon as you do something to improve yourself that not everybody else is doing then all the naysayers come out of the woodwork .

WhiteWarrior 04-01-2024 01:03 PM

I have tried daily 'fasting' from 20pm until morning, and from 18pm until morning. It is doable, but easier if you have some kind of motive for it or it is harder to see the point when the weight needle don't move over time. A lot easier when you live alone, mind you.

Midrich 04-01-2024 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWarrior
I have tried daily 'fasting' from 20pm until morning, and from 18pm until morning. It is doable, but easier if you have some kind of motive for it or it is harder to see the point when the weight needle don't move over time. A lot easier when you live alone, mind you.

You are right . A lot easier when you live alone . I don’t live alone so there are distractions from non supportive people . I didn’t start out to lose weight but I did . Along with fasting one day a week I went vegan and eliminated caffeine and dairy . That heavy dairy seems to be the main culprit in weight retention but , of course , everyone is different .

Native spirit 04-01-2024 09:06 PM

Please be aware that some people reading this can take it that they don't have to eat or drink for long periods of time.
and they could take it to the Extreme,
this thread is now closed

Namaste