Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Loving Tributes & Remembrance (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=131)
-   -   Goodbye To My Old Friend Jim (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=32744)

psychoslice 24-03-2012 10:45 PM

Goodbye To My Old Friend Jim

My friend Jim passed away the other day at 87, I meet Jim at my church about 17 years ago, he took me under his wing and treated me like his son.

Jim was a tail gunner of the Lancaster bomber, he served in the Canadian air force in world war 2, he told me lots of stories that happened in the war, he never talked about what happened to anyone else, so I felt privileged.

The picture below is a painting I did for Jim that he loved so much, Jim's daughter only lost her husband just on a week and a half ago from cancer.

I'll miss you Jim, and thank you so much for all you shared with me, I'll treasure our memories forever, your friend Robert.:hug:

sound 24-03-2012 10:51 PM

Robert :hug3: may Jim's memories always remain strong for you x

psychoslice 24-03-2012 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sound
Robert :hug3: may Jim's memories always remain strong for you x

Thank you Sound, the weird thing is that many years ago I was told by a a lady who read my Tarots, that there will be an elderly man coming into my life, at that time I thought she was a nut lol.:hug3:

Shabby 24-03-2012 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psychoslice
Thank you Sound, the weird thing is that many years ago I was told by a a lady who read my Tarots, that there will be an elderly man coming into my life, at that time I thought she was a nut lol.:hug3:

Wow... that must have been a very special connection. Sorry for your loss psychoslice.

Silver 25-03-2012 12:17 AM

Bless you. You've been such a good friend to a lot of people. It's not easy to lose them (even though they're not really lost or gone).
:hug:

psychoslice 25-03-2012 12:41 AM

Thanks Shabby and Silvergirl, yes Silvergirl the body has gone but the Essence of Jim will always be with me, in fact with all of us, isn't that beautiful.:smile:

Sarian 25-03-2012 01:01 AM

So glad Jim was brought into your life 17 years ago and you were able to have a wonderful father/son relationship. Yes, it is beautiful his essence will always be with you.
Great picture you shared.

Xan 25-03-2012 01:48 AM

Blessings on your heart at this time, Robbie.

Xan

psychoslice 25-03-2012 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarian
So glad Jim was brought into your life 17 years ago and you were able to have a wonderful father/son relationship. Yes, it is beautiful his essence will always be with you.
Great picture you shared.

Thank you Sarian, yes it was nice to have Jim as my dad figure, as my own dad never showed me love, I think that was why I was looking for love as a homosexual.:hug:

psychoslice 25-03-2012 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xan
Blessings on your heart at this time, Robbie.

Xan

Thank you Xan, my sister in Consciousness.:hug3: