Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Death & The Afterlife (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Time of death (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=52009)

DoctorStrange 27-05-2013 10:45 AM

Time of death

Just curious as to when it is decided when a person dies ? Does the person before they reincarnate choose their time of death, or does the higher self just decide the time of death a day or two or even a couple of years in advance ?

thanks for any thoughts :hug3:

Myself086 28-05-2013 10:18 PM

Sometimes it's a certain date.
Sometimes it's a certain location.
Sometimes it's a certain type of death.
Nothing is really set in stone but there are plans.

Some souls incarnate mainly to experience a type of death. Be it for its own purpose and/or for the purpose of other souls experiencing grief.

You decide what you experience unless you have karmic debts.

StephenK 29-05-2013 03:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LifeandOneness
Just curious as to when it is decided when a person dies ? Does the person before they reincarnate choose their time of death, or does the higher self just decide the time of death a day or two or even a couple of years in advance ?

I've read in numerous books over the years that "all time exists now". I've also seen into the future a few times, so at some very visceral level this must be so. If this is the case, then when we're born we've already died. Then we would indeed know ahead of time when, what and where..... but then there's this clumsy thing called "free will".

If everything is set and can't be changed then why bother playing-it-out in a day-to-day way? But if things are indeed changeable then how could the "end" possibly be pre-determined?

The subject itself is a conundrum.... We either know or we don't, we either plan or we wing-it.. we wake-up with each day as perhaps our last on this plane, or we extend into the future in ways that are mold-able, and reshape and reset both potential and outcome?

Conclusion...? I'm thinking that it's some-what above our current pay-grade, to know with any certainty, how this actually unfolds while we're physical. :^)

livingkarma 01-06-2013 03:00 AM

What I can say is my husband was killed the day the US National Highway Traffic Safety Administration released its findings on the Ford Explorer being a danger due to lack of proper support in the columns results in head crush deaths ...

My husband was killed in a Ford Explorer when the roof collapsed during a roll over & he died from blunt force head crush ...

The time of his death was slightly under the wire; just before midnight ...

Juanita 01-06-2013 04:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LifeandOneness

Yes, I firmly believe that we reincarnate with a Life Plan or blueprint for our journey in the physical, which includes the time, place and manner of death.... Our soul/spirit knows when it is their time to go Home and voila--they go home....it is part of the contract...

blackraven 01-06-2013 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StephenK

Conclusion...? I'm thinking that it's some-what above our current pay-grade, to know with any certainty, how this actually unfolds while we're physical. :^)

I'm with this mindset.

Blackraven

blackraven 01-06-2013 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by livingkarma
What I can say is my husband was killed the day the US National Highway Traffic Safety Administration released its findings on the Ford Explorer being a danger due to lack of proper support in the columns results in head crush deaths ...

My husband was killed in a Ford Explorer when the roof collapsed during a roll over & he died from blunt force head crush ...

The time of his death was slightly under the wire; just before midnight ...

living karma - I'm very sorry for your tragic loss of your husband.

Blackraven

psychoslice 01-06-2013 07:11 AM

I don't think anyone decides when the time of death is going to be, we just simply die, just like we are born.

Juanita 02-06-2013 05:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psychoslice
I don't think anyone decides when the time of death is going to be, we just simply die, just like we are born.

Ah my dear, you know that I can't let that just slide by......So for you everything is just "random"--no ryhme or reason?

amylou 02-06-2013 09:14 PM

I don't know how many of you watch Kelli in the Raw or how many even know about her, but she died once and came back. She explained that we do decide when we die on a higher level though (unless we are in-tuned with that higher level, then we will actually be aware). And that we have several "exit points" where we can choose to go if we want. If we want to leave outside of those exit points, we can't. Hence, people who try to kill themselves and can't. She uses examples from her own life. I'm one to try to believe my own experiences unless I see someone who I can tell is very knowledgeable and really isn't trying to gain anything out of it. And then I use my discernment and compare to my own experiences.