Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Death & The Afterlife (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Do we look young or old as ghosts? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=108390)

Dargor 05-12-2016 03:21 PM

Do we look young or old as ghosts?

I have been wondering this as well. But let's just say if I'd die right now, do I still have the young and youthful look I have now or does my spirit continue to age until I look like an old man? Or if I die as an old man can I take the appearance of my younger self? Are we bound to forever remain stuck in the form we had before we died? Sorry if this question sounds silly, but just the concept of ''eternal youth'' rather fascinates me.

Colorado 06-12-2016 05:28 AM

My guess is, if you were a ghost you would stay the same as you are right now. Same ailments, problems and issues. I've never seen a ghastly ghost, I have read that they are earthbound and since they cannot or do not move on...they are stuck with their earthly problems.

As a spirit, one who has moved on, into the light or wherever that may be, which I believe I have seen...they look the same(maybe so I would recognize them) but with a much higher frequency and brighter aura or energy. I'm not sure if it's the same when they are, wherever they go, the same. But, when from what I've seen...take the farmer who died of cancer that I wrote about on here who was discussing his family issues three days after he died, at the end of my bed when I woke up one morning (I didn't know he was sick or had recently died) I don't know if he was earthbound, or not....he was in his overalls, look d exactly the same, except he was kind fluorescent in color, and slightly transparent. There was nothing alarming about him other than he shouldn't have been there with me.

The ones I have seen, all looked the same or similiar...but also different. My uncle looked the same. The deceased child was transparent with an energy outline of his body, the farmer looked translucent and fluorescent. If I have actually seen a ghost, which is possible since I have seen spirits...I would describe from what I saw, almost a hazy or translucent appearance...but very much the same appearance as they had in life.

I assume though, that we are light/energy....we could be a ball of light or a streak of colorful energy if we wanted to be in our original form. Either these souls identify with their earthly appearance or they take it on to visit loved ones to be recognized.

shoni7510 06-12-2016 09:17 AM

You get to chhose how you want to look like. All spirits are in their prime age but they can look whichever way is suitable for the occassion. If an old man wants to visit his family he will look as old as he did when he died, the same for a child.

Dargor 06-12-2016 12:20 PM

Of course I forgot to mention that this is just mere speculation and didn't ask this question because I expected someone to know the truth since there's no way of telling while we're still alive. But if we get to choose our spirit forms or can shift from young to old that would be awesome.

mogenblue 06-12-2016 05:03 PM

I think it's very well possible to know the truth about it, but not for everyone. People who are able to disembody and visit the spheres of light can see for themselves. So they can see the truth with their very own eyes.

It's just that science hasn't produced any evidence about it yet. Which doesn't mean it's either true or false.

I have read that spirits of light can change from young to old as they please. Like shoni said, if an old man who has passed away wants to visit his family he may choose to look as the old man he was on earth. That way his relatives can recognize him easier.

Kine Lea 08-12-2016 07:01 PM

Looking young or old as a ghost must surely depend upon the viewer. It's like for example how the Bible says that we are made in God's image - and God said let there be light, and there was light, and the light moved upon the face of the deep. And God looked upon the face of the deep, and it was good.

Perhaps the world we see is and always has been an elementary reflection of the spirit, physically and spiritually reflected at the same time - for eternity!

ocean breeze 09-12-2016 07:50 AM

Ghost or no ghost, i will always look young and beautiful. That's a given.

I can see it now. Me as a ghost looking so fine. Haunting the cemeteries at night with all these other female ghost following me. I don't even think i would be able to scare living people. They'll be too attracted to my ghostly image. They'll probably end up chasing me away begging me to come back to haunt them. :icon_razz:

Dargor 09-12-2016 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ocean breeze
Ghost or no ghost, i will always look young and beautiful. That's a given.

I can see it now. Me as a ghost looking so fine. Haunting the cemeteries at night with all these other female ghost following me. I don't even think i would be able to scare living people. They'll be too attracted to my ghostly image. They'll probably end up chasing me away begging me to come back to haunt them. :icon_razz:

Really....

mogenblue 09-12-2016 12:42 PM

I remember years ago I woke up in the morning.
Just before I got awake this spirit of light appeared to me for just a second or so with a personal message.

His face was so strong and vibrant. It was radiating with light. There were beams of light coming from his telepatic channels in his chin and under his eyes.
His face was so symmetric.

I was never able to fully get that image back anymore. The image I recalled always had some deficiencies.

Very impressing.

Xanny 10-12-2016 09:47 AM

I think that when a ghost is earthbound they'll usually stay frozen at the age they died (maybe, hah) but, if one manages to pass on into the light they can take whatever form they want to take, so, young or old, human-like or just energy, it's a choice. Also, when seeing a loved one who has passed, they'll usually show themselves in a way you'd recognize them. But idk, this is just my guess. I've seen ghosts throughout my life at different random times, and the ones I've seen (for the most part) always glowed, as in, they were made up of light but I could still see their features anyway.