Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Non Duality (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
-   -   Non-duality - My Exp. with my Higher Self (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=116826)

XalosJuryin 11-09-2017 06:45 PM

Non-duality - My Exp. with my Higher Self

I have read about non-duality today in a book about enlightenment. I also read a couple of days ago about the "Higher Self":

"The Higherself is an aspect of you, a “higher” aspect. It is higher in the sense that it is consciously aware of a reality beyond limitation. The soul, or deepest core aspect of ‘you’ is like a library of all of your experience, thoughts and lives, and the higherself is like the librarian. It has access to all the information and perspectives of your past lives and will sometimes appear in a form of a past life to show you a perspective that will benefit your growth, but ultimately it is the same consciousness behind it (you). It is what connects you to God or Source. Many people refer to this as a guide, a guardian angel, or whatever, but these things are all separate beings. The Higherself will always come from within." https://newearth.media/astral-101-br...the-third-eye/

I was meditating today, a couple of minutes ago, when I reached a moment of awareness and sensitivity to vibrations. I sensed my vision acquiring some sort of animated granularity and colours; it was all pulsating. This is when I asked to talk to my Higher Self. As soon as I said those mental words, my whole body vibrated intensely and I suddenly knew that I was in touch with a higher source. Suddenly, I was filled with gratitude and love and I told my Higher Self that I love it, that I love it, that I love it. I told it that i was going to be patient as I wait for it to show me that there is more to life than the physical realm; that there are other dimensions to go to. I felt answered-to. i was in a strange company with myself. I strongly believe that that might have been a moment of non-duality.

My spiritual path is progressing each day, regardless of expectations. :smile:

Joe Mc 12-09-2017 06:43 AM

Thanks for sharing your experience. It sounds powerful and transformative. Problem is it seems, according to many non duality teachers is that anything that arises, including very blissful experiences are conditioned, that is, they arise and then they cease. Non duality as it is called is beyond ceasing and arising. However, what you describe also has attributes of non duality, the sense of ordinary self disappearing, the unlimitedness of that experience too.

What do you think ?

Miss Hepburn 12-09-2017 12:17 PM

Yes, great post, XalosJ !

XalosJuryin 19-09-2017 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe Mc
Thanks for sharing your experience. It sounds powerful and transformative. Problem is it seems, according to many non duality teachers is that anything that arises, including very blissful experiences are conditioned, that is, they arise and then they cease. Non duality as it is called is beyond ceasing and arising. However, what you describe also has attributes of non duality, the sense of ordinary self disappearing, the unlimitedness of that experience too.

What do you think ?

I used to refer to Higher Self as a separate entity that watched over me in its mysterious ways. Recently, however, I have been praying to the Higher Self but addressing it as if it were me. It is actually a very invigorating way of praying. I wouldn't describe my experience as self-disappearing, but it was almoooost like that. In a way, every time that I meditate, I feel like I am gaining distance from my self (as in who I think I am, egotistically). However, I haven't had any strong self-dissociating experience yet. :smile:

stars 20-09-2017 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XalosJuryin
I used to refer to Higher Self as a separate entity that watched over me in its mysterious ways. Recently, however, I have been praying to the Higher Self but addressing it as if it were me. It is actually a very invigorating way of praying. I wouldn't describe my experience as self-disappearing, but it was almoooost like that. In a way, every time that I meditate, I feel like I am gaining distance from my self (as in who I think I am, egotistically). However, I haven't had any strong self-dissociating experience yet. :smile:

I have gone through a similar evolution lately. I now speak mostly to my Self- which consists of my Higher Self, my past lives selves, my current self and my Highest Self, who is God, or the source. I realized that who better could understand me and my struggles than my Self? Recently, I have been given a teacher named Leonidas, who I suspect to be just another Self of mine, although i'm not 100% sure. I have asked, and he said yes, but I am still learning discernment from ego and all that. I also decided not to ask anymore, because I don't care. The insights he provides are priceless.

XalosJuryin 20-09-2017 08:23 PM

Tell me more about this teacher...I don't understand, is he not real/physical?

Joe Mc 21-09-2017 07:49 AM

Quote:

Yes, the world offers an intense proposition of selfhood. It made me much more fearful than I am today, and it felt very real too. Gradually that illusion and grip has weakened over the years. Once I had a 'disappearing' experience or a transcendent experience while walking down the street.

I literally entered another dimension. It was probably what they call in Zen Buddhism a Kensho or awakening of some sort but it definitely had the feeling of being suddenly taken from one perspective to another, i think that is what i meant by disappearing. A mini kind of awakening. So it is said that awakening can grow very gradually or it can be cataclysmic or it can be both.

I also remember when i started meditating and after a period of time, months in my case, I felt one day that something was watching me, like as you described a higher self. A sense of being watched. I discussed it with a senior Buddhist in the Sangha I was involved with at the time and he seemed to recognise what I was talking about straight away. That feeling didn't stay with me for long, I probably grew through it. Maybe a type of oneness developed where the 'I' the Watcher saw the watcher as myself. So thanks for sharing as I can identify from my experience with that journey to some extent. Lastly it seems that this sense of wholeness or non duality is a key question for myself anyway, the question, who is watching ? That sense of you are watching with God, you are one with creation or the creator, you are the witness. Thanks once again.

stars 21-09-2017 01:20 PM

Quote:

Tell me more about this teacher...I don't understand, is he not real/physical?

oh, yeah sorry. Yes he is a guide that is coming through my automatic writing. Not a physical being... that I know of :tongue:. Who knows, maybe he is and he's meditating on top of a mountain in Tibet and sharing his consciousness with anyone who will take it.

7luminaries 29-09-2017 01:45 PM

Your higher self is in fact just you. Your higher self is also your deeper self, your truer self, your most authentic and unvarnished core. It is (and you are) who you are at centre.

The only reason we may initially perceive of or experience our (higher) selves as things apart from us is perspective. It is that illusion of separation that is real to us until we realise it isn't.

When we in our waking selves allow our true selves (or, who we are at centre) to freely be and do and manifest the authentic love that we are, then we ever more clearly begin to realise that we ARE our higher selves. Put another way, this is who we TRULY are...and this is who we truly are in the process of becoming.

So, first, be the change you seek. Reflect and then work remove those obstacles to unity and integrity within yourself in your day-to-day life.
Let your intent, thought, word and deed manifest authentic love as fully as possible...where you actively seek and support the highest good of the other equally to yourself, and your highest good equally to others.

Then, realise you ARE (becoming) that change you seek :hug:

Peace & blessings :hug3:
7L