Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Non Duality (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
-   -   Life Itself (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=108021)

relinquish 23-11-2016 01:44 AM

Life Itself

In truth, the universe is nothing other than the single, seamless process of 'change' itself. It is seamless because it does not actually contain any 'solely self-inclusive forms'. In other words, the universal process of 'change' does not actually contain any separate 'things' or 'events'.

Any given 'particular thing' (for example, a 'tree') is always in a constant state of change, which is to say that 'the tree' is in fact a 'process' rather than a 'thing'. This process can ONLY be occurring if the necessary conditions are present. These conditions are 'not the tree', and are naturally comprised of 'other processes', ALL of which can ONLY be occurring if the necessary conditions are present. These conditions are 'not those other processes', and are naturally comprised of 'other other processes', ALL of which can ONLY be occurring if the necessary conditions are present, and so on, ad infinitum.

Therefore, 'the tree' could not possibly be occurring in exactly the way that it is without the ENTIRETY of 'not the tree' (i.e. the rest of the universe) occuring in exactly the way that it is. In this way, 'the tree' naturally includes within it's own existence the entirety of the rest of the universe. Exactly the same is true of ALL 'particular processes', including 'Me' and 'Not Me' (and 'You' and 'Not You').

As such, the fundamental distinctions between all the different processes do not actually exist, and so, the only process of 'change' that is ACTUALLY occurring is that of the entire universe as one seamless whole.

It gets it's characteristic asymmetrical structure simply from the fact that (being 'finite') it is the inseperable opposite of the causeless presence that is the Eternal Infinity itself, the nature of which is ever-changless, formless and perfectly symmetrical.

The only COHERENT ever-changing asymmetry is a 'FRACTAL' ever-changing asymmetry.

ALL apparent 'things' and 'events' are as they are simply because they are all 'parts' of this one eternally cyclic process.

Evidently, there are (at least for the moment) certain 'organic' parts of the process that are conscious of themselves and of their surroundings. This basic fact indicates that the universe is actually a (or rather, THE) Living Organism, naturally possessing a countless number of 'nerve ends' at all the appropriate points of it's 'body' (which are commonly known as 'life forms').

This, in turn, indicates that the causeless presence of the Eternal Infinity is actually none other than Life Itself.

Some of the nerve ends of the Organism are of such an extreme level of physical complexity that they have the natural capacity to become 'hypnotized' by their surroundings. This hypnosis makes it seem to these extremely complex nerve ends (a.k.a. intelligent body/mind life-forms) that they are the separate, autonomous originators of their own particular movements.

As such, the absolute harmony that naturally exists between all the 'parts' of the Organism (and therefore, the Organism itself) is impossible to be seen by these hypnotized nerve ends. In it's place is seen a situation that seems confusingly fragmented, hostile and threatening. Seeing this, the hypnotized nerve ends are bound to suffer.

But this harmony certainly IS Here and Now, outside of the hypnosis, ever-patiently awaiting 'our' realization of (and resting in) it.

In this resting, there can be no suffering...

Thanks for reading.

Peace

:)

Busby 23-11-2016 06:38 AM

Thanks a lot relinquish, you've written a jewel of a piece. True insight in my opinion.

Joe Mc 24-11-2016 08:07 AM

Why are you calling it a tree if its not a tree ?

Busby 24-11-2016 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe Mc

There's a difference between a tree and a 'tree'.

no1wakesup 24-11-2016 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Busby
There's a difference between a tree and a 'tree'.

Only in perception

kingfisher 24-11-2016 01:38 PM

Quote:

Hi Joe, in my own wayward mind your comment made me think of the words of Neddy Seagoon when asked why he was in the coal cellar........"Well. everybody gotta be somewhere" he replied. So I suppose that, for the sake of communication, everything has to have a name also.

On the very same subject, there are the Buddhist Mahayana texts, which often - following their very own rather alarming dialectic - state such things as "because sentient beings are not sentient beings, they are sentient beings". Such texts can turn the head to jelly, but it does seem that when reality itself is seeking to be described as best as possible, then needs must - reality being more a constant and on-going becoming rather than being distinct objects, forever only what they are, each set in stone (though capable of inter-acting)

I think relinquish has it right. Myself, I take what I would call an existential approach to the idea that there are no dividing lines in reality. As far as our sexuality is concerned (ah ha! I now have the attention of others!), there is an unbroken line between the worlds most macho male and the worlds most feminine lady. Each of us, as unique individuals, find ourselves on that line. Yet our minds create divisions, fences, labels, and what can potentially be a community of human beings becomes instead a world of conflict and name calling.

Squatchit 24-11-2016 02:31 PM

Once, during a dream, I had a telephone call with Life Itself.

Starman 24-11-2016 07:41 PM

Life is not what I do rather life is what I am; and the perceived changes are but kaleidoscopic transformations
influenced by centers of expression, which is the construct we now inhabit; a flowing projection of The One.

We take a snapshot freezing that moment in time, and we label that moment we have froze; either in our minds
or with the snapshot of a picture. How many snapshots are in a lifetime? Countless moments within one eternal moment,
an eternal moment which many call "Life."

relinquish 25-11-2016 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Busby
Thanks a lot relinquish, you've written a jewel of a piece. True insight in my opinion.

My pleasure Busby. It gladdens this heart to feel resonance.

:smile:

relinquish 25-11-2016 01:55 AM

Quote:

It is a natural subconscious behavior of the extremely complex nerve ends to conceptually 'slice up' the single, seamless process that they belong to into a vast multiplicity and diversity of different, separate things and events. This makes them feel fundamentally isolated from the rest of Reality, and in turn causes tremendous suffering.

The nerve ends that are less complex (i.e. the rest of the animal kingdom) don't have the capacity to do that, and so don't have the capacity to deeply suffer.