Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Meditation (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Tingling in hands and abs? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=109548)

NeoclassicalGuitar 11-01-2017 11:04 AM

Tingling in hands and abs?

Hey, when I meditate and get into a deep meditative state, I first experience some tingling in the palms of my hands, and it gets stronger and expands to the whole of my hands and later my abdomen.
Is it because of an increased level of oxygen or something else?

peteyzen 11-01-2017 12:12 PM

It is the movemtn of internal energy, sometimes known as Chi or prana. You have stimulated this by the breathing and raising your vibration through mental focus

NeoclassicalGuitar 11-01-2017 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peteyzen
It is the movemtn of internal energy, sometimes known as Chi or prana. You have stimulated this by the breathing and raising your vibration through mental focus

Is it essential to do deep breathing throughout the whole session of meditation?

goodwill 11-01-2017 03:38 PM

You could practice feeling it even when you're not meditating. Just go with your awareness in every part of your body. Starting with the hands, then going with your awareness in your feets for example or other parts. If you keep practicing day by day you'll be able to feel it everywhere you are, at any time, in your whole body. It's an excellent anchor-point for meditation at the beginning. If I may suggest you a very good and yet simple anchor-point for meditation, your two nostrils. Keep your focus at the upper lip and the nostrils. Be there with each inhalation and exhalation. It will stimulate the circulation of prana within your body and you will feel the life-force more intensely over time. Also be aware which one of your two nostrils is more open than the other (usually there is one slightly closed than the other) and focus on the more closed one with your attention (it will open up after time - it can take some time/days/weeks though, depending on your ability to focus) until both are even. The breath will flow much smoother in and increasing the flow of energy. Google for Ida, Pingala & Sushumna.

Joy to you,
goodwill

Gem 11-01-2017 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeoclassicalGuitar
Hey, when I meditate and get into a deep meditative state, I first experience some tingling in the palms of my hands, and it gets stronger and expands to the whole of my hnds and later my abdomen.
Is it because of an increased level of oxygen or something else?

When the mind starts to become a bit more concentrated, more sensitive, with sharper perception, one begins to feel more subtle sensation in their body, which is often described as 'tingles'.

Sarian 11-01-2017 04:18 PM

I get tingles on my face and nose...like pin pricks all over.

peteyzen 11-01-2017 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeoclassicalGuitar
Is it essential to do deep breathing throughout the whole session of meditation?

Hi, No, it depends on what your meditation is.

NeoclassicalGuitar 13-01-2017 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goodwill
You could practice feeling it even when you're not meditating. Just go with your awareness in every part of your body. Starting with the hands, then going with your awareness in your feets for example or other parts. If you keep practicing day by day you'll be able to feel it everywhere you are, at any time, in your whole body. It's an excellent anchor-point for meditation at the beginning. If I may suggest you a very good and yet simple anchor-point for meditation, your two nostrils. Keep your focus at the upper lip and the nostrils. Be there with each inhalation and exhalation. It will stimulate the circulation of prana within your body and you will feel the life-force more intensely over time. Also be aware which one of your two nostrils is more open than the other (usually there is one slightly closed than the other) and focus on the more closed one with your attention (it will open up after time - it can take some time/days/weeks though, depending on your ability to focus) until both are even. The breath will flow much smoother in and increasing the flow of energy. Google for Ida, Pingala & Sushumna.

Joy to you,
goodwill

Thank you, goodwill :)