Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Interfaith (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Which is your favorite explaination of the truth? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=5823)

mike bike 28-12-2011 10:54 PM

What God means to me is this....

I believe this beautiful Universe ("Uni meaning one and verse meaning "song") is the body of God...we are all part of the Universe..we are all part of God...and God's spark of life is within everything in his/her Universe....even down to the little insects....we are all the children of God.Nothing is outside of this God.

And God is within ALL creatures great and small...trying to influence us toward peace and goodwill.

That's what I try to live by

Love and Blessings.....Mike :hug3:

Dilchannan 28-12-2011 11:18 PM

What God means to me?

EVERYTHING! God the creator of all, who loves all his creation just wants us to live in love and harmony with all. God, who sent his only son to teach us the way, to show us by example, the way. He is my role model, he is my friend, my confidant. My everything!

Morpheus 29-12-2011 08:10 PM

EVERYTHING

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dilchannan
What God means to me?

EVERYTHING! God the creator of all, who loves all his creation just wants us to live in love and harmony with all. God, who sent his only son to teach us the way, to show us by example, the way. He is my role model, he is my friend, my confidant. My everything!

Excellent post!

Cano 26-01-2012 04:21 PM

To me the best explanation of the truth so far is The Urantia Book.

Caino

mattie 26-01-2012 05:17 PM

Using What Works Personally

Quote:

Originally Posted by Honza
In this day and age of spiritual discernment and new age teaching, when people like us can learn about all the worlds religions, do you have a preference for the best teachings?

Out of all the spiritual teachings on earth which one explains the truth to you the best?
Do you have a favorite version of reality? Which spiritual teaching is it?

Religious or spiritual beliefs are, by their nature very subjective. There are countless beliefs. We should use those which we are comfortable w/ & which work for us.

I’m really not concerned about perusing all the world’s organized religion beliefs. This is OK for those who do find this useful though.

Personally, I’m not into structured belief systems that demand that one believe all or nothing. There are some parts of various belief systems that I find useful. We can have the freedom to select what we want from any belief system, including formulating our OWN ideas about these things. While some of the organized religions expectedly deride our having the impudence (ROFL) of making our own decisions about what we do or don’t believe, many are moving to doing this & leaving organized religion in droves.

A very interesting current article in Huffington Post’s religion section discussed how 1000s in Europe are formally filing paperwork, de-affiliating from organized religion. I think they called it something like de-baptizing. More & more people are finding spirituality to be entirely outside of organized religion for many reasons.

slave of Allaah 27-01-2012 07:32 AM

The truth is "The Best".

Those who listen to the saying and follow the best thereof. Those are (the ones) whom God has guided and those are men of understanding. (18) [Quran:Ch.39]

Morpheus 07-02-2012 08:57 PM

Matrixism

With respect to Prophecy, precognition, sychronicity...

With regard to the ancient spiritual teachings, what Physics is telling us today, and the very many Near Death Experience accounts and revelations...

The illustration of, "The Matrix", 1999, by the Wachowski's is accurate.

http://www.nderf.org/site_index.htm

http://www.lighteye.freeserve.co.uk/part1.htm

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/The_Matrix

"Have you ever stood and stared at it, marveled at its beauty, its genius? Billions of people just living out their lives, oblivious."
  • The Matrix is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room.
  • You can see it when you look out your window or when you turn on your television. You can feel it when you go to work... when you go to church... when you pay your taxes.
  • It is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth.
  • That you are a slave, Neo. Like everyone else you were born into bondage. Born into a prison that you cannot smell or taste or touch.
  • A prison for your mind.
Cypher:
[Cuts a piece of steak and holds it in front of him]
I know this steak doesn't exist. I know that when I put it in my mouth, the Matrix is telling my brain that it is juicy and delicious.

After 9 years, you know what I have learned?
[Eats the piece of steak and sighs contently] Ignorance is bliss.

http://hiddenlighthouse.wordpress.co...ry/descension/
"When we the angels..."

"His tail drew a third of the stars of heaven and threw them to the earth. And the dragon stood before the woman who was ready to give birth."
Revelation 12

"They who are wise shall shine like the lights of the firmament, and they who lead many to righteousness, as the STARS forever and ever."
Daniel 12:3
The Angel, Gabriel

athribiristan 08-02-2012 02:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Honza
In this day and age of spiritual discernment and new age teaching, when people like us can learn about all the worlds religions, do you have a preference for the best teachings?

Out of all the spiritual teachings on earth which one explains the truth to you the best?

I must admit that the simple Judaic version of the truth still holds it for me. I still like the idea of a father God ruling over us.

Do you have a favorite version of reality? Which spiritual teaching is it?

Strangely enough Scientology explains Truth best for me: What true is what's true for you. Meaning that we each must discover our own Truth.

CSEe 10-02-2012 05:26 AM

Just sharing . What is the truth ? To me how can I understand what is the truth if I not understand myself .
In life the most important question of all being is to know ownself and for human I should know WHAT I am , not who am I but WHAT AM I .
In my current understanding , Buddhism is a continue process of exploration , discovery , searching , understanding and knowing ownself by realization by being awake and by acceptance .

So to me the only truth is Buddhism that is the process of self discovery NOT Mr Siddharta the introducer of Buddhism , not Dalai Lama teaching , not whatsover "teaching " said to be associated with Buddhism but the simple concept of Buddhism itself .....thats the truth .

Thks
CSEe

Morpheus 11-02-2012 05:09 PM

Quote:

Just sharing . What is the truth ? To me how can I understand what is the truth if I not understand myself .
In life the most important question of all being is to know ownself and for human I should know WHAT I am , not who am I but WHAT AM I .
In my current understanding , Buddhism is a continue process of exploration , discovery , searching , understanding and knowing ownself by realization by being awake and by acceptance .

So to me the only truth is Buddhism that is the process of self discovery NOT Mr Siddharta the introducer of Buddhism , not Dalai Lama teaching , not whatsover "teaching " said to be associated with Buddhism but the simple concept of Buddhism itself .....thats the truth .

Thks
CSEe

Hi, CSEe...
Of course you are speaking of, "Being", but, it is apparent that we don't realize who we are in the greater Truth, and reality. Regarding humanity as a whole.
In the links I provided above, there is explantion.

In short, "God is Truth", and, with respect to Unity, one might recognize that we are all, "Sparks of the Eternal Flame", as is stated in Buddhism.

Did Jesus, in His teachings, and His miracles, confirm the Far Eastern teachings?
Of course.

"The mind is everything. What you think you become." ~ The Buddha ~"As a man thinketh, so he is"- Proverbs (The Bible) Jesus said this: "According to your Faith, so be it unto you".
Not only is matter mostly empty space on the atomic level, but the atom itself is mostly empty space. What gives us the illusion of solidarity? The miniscule sub atomic particles in respect to their spin,and vibration

Illusions of space, time ,and Gravity; results of the "fall" in the "Garden"
"Reality is only an illusion albeit a very persistant one"-Albert Einstein

A religious person would probably say this whole is God, yet my sense is that - if it is God - God is not 'out there' and 'other'. Such a dualist view betrays my perception of unity. A truer approximation is the Buddhist allegory, that we are all 'sparks of the eternal flame'."
OBERF Home Page Index<~OBE, NDE Website

Gal 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek,
there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus
Here there is no man, there is no woman,

No self, no person, and no consciousness. Labeling 'male' or 'female' has no essence, But deceives the evil-minded world ~ Buddhist Teaching

mike bike::

Quote:

What God means to me is this....

I believe this beautiful Universe ("Uni meaning one and verse meaning "song") is the body of God...we are all part of the Universe..we are all part of God...and God's spark of life is within everything in his/her Universe....even down to the little insects....we are all the children of God.Nothing is outside of this God.

And God is within ALL creatures great and small...trying to influence us toward peace and goodwill.

That's what I try to live by

Love and Blessings.....Mike

Well said.