Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Books (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   You Can Heal Your Life by Louise Hay (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=141239)

Honza 18-08-2021 09:37 AM

You Can Heal Your Life by Louise Hay

Can you believe that this New Age book has now sold over 50 million copies. Ever since I read it in the 1980's my life was changed.
It introduced the principles by which I could help myself.

Do you own this book or have you read it?

ameliorate 24-08-2021 09:38 PM

Yes I don't remember much about it now except that, at the time, it felt groundbreaking - new terrain and possibilities.
Presumably it helped you take control where you thought you had none?

Miss Hepburn 25-08-2021 10:12 AM

Yes, what a ground breaking book.
And Hay House is now the best publishing company of so many great books. :smile:
But, I bet many younger people may have never heard of it, so it's good you brought it up, Honza. :)

Lavender Quartz 24-03-2022 09:53 AM

Louise Hay's You Can Heal Your Life made a great impact on my life, even though I had a difficult time accepting her belief that we choose our parents.

I get it now, though. :)

Here’s one of the many statements by Louise that eventually registered with me: "We are all victims of victims, and they could not possibly have taught us anything they did not know. If your mother did not know how to love herself, or your father did not know how to love himself, then it would be impossible for them to teach you to love yourself.”

Family relationships are complex, aren’t they?

WildHairedWoman 31-03-2022 04:11 PM

I bought that book in the 80's as well as the small book she had with symptoms and affirmations. I still have both books.

DesertRose 31-03-2022 05:27 PM

I've read the book, then gave it to a friend.
There's also a movie, saw it on YouTube years ago, but can't find it now.

Sir Neil 07-04-2022 10:49 PM

Yes, it was one of the first spiritual books I ever bought right at the start of my journey. There have been lots of similar books since, but back in the 1980’s when it was first published, it was quite ground-breaking. Such ideas as thoughts creating reality were seen as radical, but they are an ability we all have.

Honza 15-09-2022 05:39 AM

So since I was about 21 years old when I first read this book I have been moulding my life for the better. I am now 56 and feel powerful of optimistic. I still use the techniques I learnt from this book. My thanks to Louise Hay and I guess to the whole New Age for the inspiration.

Gem 15-09-2022 08:20 AM

Yep. It was "How to Heal Your Life" by Louise Hay and "Out on a Limb" by Shirley MacLaine.

Madamedude 16-09-2022 09:58 PM

Gee, never heard of it but now I'm gonna read it.
I personally never gave a rat's something if something was new age or else to be read or seen, I mean eating veggies is considered "diet" but nonetheless good to me so..