Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Tarot and Oracle Cards (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=146)
-   -   Tarot for Yourself Study Group. (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133358)

55Degrees 06-01-2020 05:09 PM

Tarot for Yourself Study Group.

This thread is specifically for members wishing to participate in working through Mary K Greer's Tarot for Yourself.

It would be helpful if participants have some form of the book, either in physical form or digital, as a copy of the exercises will not be posted (in respect of copyright). Participants will also need the information given throughout the book to get the most out of this study.

This is where we can post our findings from the exercises presented in the book and discuss them, ask for help and input.

Please specify your deck choice.

Pandora. 06-01-2020 09:30 PM

Thanks 55Degrees.

I'm going to be using the Infinite Visions Tarot.

Let's start ... :D

55Degrees 08-01-2020 10:48 AM

OK. Should we tackle the personality and soul cards, hidden influence, year card and zodiac card first?

Maybe come up with what these cards could show us about ourselves and what we can learn from them?

I'm really wanting to use Game of Thrones tarot but I'm being pulled to Tarot of Dreams......:dontknow:

Pandora. 08-01-2020 11:09 AM

Oooooh ... I wouldn't mind using Game of Thrones Tarot. I might continue to use Infinite Visions Tarot for my other studies.

You've thrown a spanner in the works now, hahahahaha!

Yes, let's start from the beginning with the personality, soul and hidden factor cards. Do you want to do the starting exercise with the "rose", or leave that one?

tealily 08-01-2020 11:33 AM

Hi, I’m in - just sourcing a copy of the book! Happy to do whatever

Will likely fall on RWS or my new Sun and Moon tarot

55Degrees 08-01-2020 03:48 PM

@tealily
There's a kindle version if that helps.

@Pandora
Let's get stuck straight in to the cards :D

Also I'd like to add, if any of the exercises seem too personal, or you would prefer not to share your findings, that's fine, just post that you're going to pass on posting the details. :smile:

tealily 08-01-2020 05:27 PM

Purchased!

Pandora. 09-01-2020 02:56 AM

I started on the "Rose" exercise, rambled on for half a page in 5 minutes. I didn't realise I was such a cynic from my writings, hahahaha!

The only card in the Game of Thrones Tarot that has roses depicted is the 4 of Spears (Wands). This card depicts the beauty, harmony and unity of a relationship that is calm and peaceful. It feels more like the 10 of Cups to me actually. There's definitely a feeling of love and togetherness, feeling happy in your environment (home) and celebrating what you have.

Clover 09-01-2020 07:30 AM

Hey gals! I want to join. I will be Limited in sharing personal information but I will do my best to provide feedback and play/help!

Tarot Using: Darkness of Light Tarot or Borderless RDW

Using Kindle Version

55Degrees.Per your previous post, Is this where you want us to start as far as tackling the Personality/Soul/Hidden influence? Just let me know.

My stats:

ALL WRONG--- REDOING

Edit: I Will come back and edit this tomorrow,I need sleep.. This was not easy for me to calculate for me, Ill refresh in the morning :redface: If you have a better method on how to start this thread, feel free to direct us! I am just trying to jump in. We be back tomorrow. P.S. I am really loving the practice, I want to buy a personal journal for home and work on it!!

Pandora. 09-01-2020 07:34 AM

Hi Clover:hello: So glad you're joining us!