Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Yoga (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Setting Off Shivers On My Own (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=84248)

Swann 08-04-2015 08:05 PM

Setting Off Shivers On My Own

Greetings !

This is my first thread here and I don't really know where to post this. Please feel free to move it to the appropriate forum if it's not okay here.

I don't know if everyone experiences this, but I can set off a shiver whenever I want (without goosebumps). I kinda slightly contract something at the back of my head, and I can easily trigger off a nice shiver that spreads through my head and shoulders. When I haven't done it in a long time (two days or so -- a 'short time' would be 20 minutes), the shiver can be stronger and spread even lower in my body. So far, the furthest I can go is the middle of my back. I started doing it unconsciously a few months ago, and I didn't stop because I love shivers ! They make us feel so good and comfortable. Also, I noticed that I tend to shiver out of embarassment in empathy for someone else. For instance, that kind of so-called 'funny' facebook posts that show someone who just got ridiculed make me shiver for that person. It works in real life too of course.

Do any other people experience this, or can everyone do it easily ? I'm kinda intrigued because I've never heard of such a thing.

Thank you for your help ! :hug2:

LadyMay 08-04-2015 08:23 PM

I actually tried that and experienced a subtle wave of energy contracting through me, some of my chakras responded too.

Interesting. Have no idea what's causing it but interesting nevertheless! Looking forward to reading more answers.

LibbyScorp 20-04-2015 10:04 AM

This is really interesting....

I think I get what you're talking about.
Like if I fully let go, it just makes me shake...

Always wondered about this. Bc it seems to get me on some higher vibration or something... It's so difficult to explain.

Willis 22-04-2015 02:45 PM

Shivers = Negative Energy

In yoga, or even to simply remain calm.. we are told to take deep breaths. I believe that "taking a deep breath" is the easiest way to get someone to "shed their negative energy". The reason I believe this is because if you take a full breath, it is quite difficult to NOT feel the chills you describe. I noticed personally that (no matter how I do it) when I activate these chills.. I very quickly become more calm and happy. Any anxiety or anger that I am experiencing will be greatly reduced after feeling these "chills". I've grown to believe that this is "shedding your negative energy". The chills are a result of actually FEELING the energy leave your body. I get my best result after a nice breath, eye's closed and rolling my shoulders.. the sensation is in my shoulders, upper spine, neck and also a bit in my lower back.

We are all capable of complete control, we just need to accept, learn and practice.

LadyMay 22-04-2015 03:44 PM

Willis that makes sense and thinking about it when I'm shedding negative energy I tend to shiver at the time too.

skygazer 22-04-2015 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swann
Greetings !

This is my first thread here and I don't really know where to post this. Please feel free to move it to the appropriate forum if it's not okay here.

I don't know if everyone experiences this, but I can set off a shiver whenever I want (without goosebumps). I kinda slightly contract something at the back of my head, and I can easily trigger off a nice shiver that spreads through my head and shoulders. When I haven't done it in a long time (two days or so -- a 'short time' would be 20 minutes), the shiver can be stronger and spread even lower in my body. So far, the furthest I can go is the middle of my back. I started doing it unconsciously a few months ago, and I didn't stop because I love shivers ! They make us feel so good and comfortable. Also, I noticed that I tend to shiver out of embarassment in empathy for someone else. For instance, that kind of so-called 'funny' facebook posts that show someone who just got ridiculed make me shiver for that person. It works in real life too of course.

Do any other people experience this, or can everyone do it easily ? I'm kinda intrigued because I've never heard of such a thing.

Thank you for your help ! :hug2:

I have that experience, without the traveling to the lower body. It stops around the shoulders. However, I can stretch my lower back a certain way and cause the shiver in the back of the head to happen.

I assumed it was the pineal gland being healthy. I think I read somewhere that it causes that.

LibbyScorp 24-04-2015 06:16 AM

blowin' my mind.

JoeVallee 07-04-2016 05:35 PM

I get this when my guide is with me or if I hear, speak or read something of truth that is from the heart. Also service to others brings about this shiver.
Joe

299.i.319 23-09-2016 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeVallee
I get this when my guide is with me or if I hear, speak or read something of truth that is from the heart. Also service to others brings about this shiver.
Joe

This started few years back for me. We had an assigntment in class where we were to write down three things that we were thankful for each night for two weeks no matter how bad you'd felt that particular day. I don't know if there is any correlation but during that same period I remember taking notice of these "bursts of energy" in my spine/upper back. They often came when I had that feeling of gratitude. I thought i had done some sort of inner neruro linguistic programming on myself without even knowing it.
This have continued ever since and now I manage to get these bursts at will.
I don't want to call them chills really, but I know exactly what you mean.
There's no goosebumps and it's an inner sensation, at times almost post-orgasmic if you allow yourself to be embraced by it (nothing sexual at all just pure cozyness).

Lately this thing has started moving to other places. I can feel a difference between solar plexus and the stomach. And the back neck and head of course.
I've read a little about chakras and Kundalini but don't know almost anything about it. But I might be in the right direction. I'm searching for people with these kinds of experiences. Mainly people who knows a great deal about kundalini. If my experiences has anything to do with that kind of practice I want real guidence and get to know it with respect and caution.

Cozy bursts to all of you :D

kundalinikid 23-09-2016 01:09 AM

I get them all the time....usually run up my legs starting at my feet and shoot to my crown. or sometimes top of my head will do it.

usually stronger in extreme meditation/concentration/focus.

no idea the cause or meaning or purpose other than it feels good. interested to hear what others have to say.