Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Death & The Afterlife (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Your Funeral (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=18586)

Native spirit 10-11-2011 12:21 PM

:smile: Well i know what music i want after that im not to bothered, i wont be there to see it. not in body anyway.

Namaste

mike bike 10-11-2011 01:41 PM

My funeral.

you get to thinking of funerals at my age....several close people have gone to the "Happy Hunting Ground" in the past year.

But Mike is still here,cycling like a maniac and looking for more adventures.....Life is for the living !! :hug3:

At my funeral I want to hear (and I believe I WILL hear them)..."Jerusulem" by William Blake.....In that hym he's talking about when Jesus came to England as youth.....It's awful to think that a man who wrote such beautiful songs and poetry died penniless.

The second hym I want playing is "All things Bright and Beautiful".

And then I suppose there will be a reception....I want everyone there to get pleasantly drunk....and give me a really good send off.....I'll maybe be the happiest bloke there !!

Love and blessings......Mike :wink:

Left Behind 10-11-2011 03:32 PM

:D :D :D

Jim

mike bike 10-11-2011 04:17 PM

I do occasionanallyy....

Yes ,I do go to church occasionally....and I often come away thinking "What **** that was"....but sometimes what they have said makes sense.

Glad tidings of comfort and joy Tra la la etc :hug3:

Mike

mythicman2011 11-11-2011 10:39 AM

I would love to have a funeral that is colourful and full of music and fun. I really want some Van Morrison played....probably Glad Tidings.

I do not want a service that is religious but something that reflects my belief in something bigger than us.

If I am lucky enough I would love my last moments to be on top of Mauna Kea in hawaii at sunset!

Left Behind 12-11-2011 12:37 AM

The point that I'm trying to get everyone to pick up on is: whatever you want your funeral to be like, you need to discuss it with your prospective survivors, you need to arrange it, you need to pay for it, NOW, while you're on THIS side of eternity.

You CAN'T "cross that bridge when you come to it." :redface:

Jim

Guthee 12-11-2011 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Squatchit
I feel about the same Neville.

Saying that, I am partial to the little creatures of the soil...and those of the deep oceans. So chuck me overboard or bury me and let those little souls nibble away at me.

:fish:

:D am on the same thought boat!

Left Behind 12-11-2011 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guthee
:D am on the same thought boat!

So, my friends, which of the two methods of body disposal shall it be?

Juanita 12-11-2011 10:59 PM

funeral?

I personally don't care....just cremate me and have a short memorial and tell funny stories.......as soon as I leave my body behind, I'm sure it will not be of interest to me.......Juanita

Juanita 12-11-2011 11:01 PM

oops, I meant "little or no" interest..