Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Death & The Afterlife (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   I need some information please... (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=123458)

Disneystace 23-06-2018 08:20 PM

I need some information please...

Sorry this is going to be a little bit emotional, I really need some information.

Today a dog has been put to sleep who I was very close to but really love. I was working as a dog carer and ended up looking after a dog for around a year, the dog virtually lived with us, and in my eyes he became my dog. He was my companion, I was going through a rough time and he was there, the beautiful boy that he was, just to give me a cuddle as I cried, to keep me company. He and I were always together.

His owner took him back to have a family member take care of him. This was 10 months ago and I was just getting over it when his owner asked if I could have him for a weekend, I jumped at the opportunity, but he took a disliking to the dog I bought myself- i bought a dog who was the same breed and colour. So the next I heard was the beginning of this week, the dog was unwell and it was looking likely he might need to be put to sleep. I made plans to go today.

I arrived and he was in a bad way. I went and sat with him, he got onto his feet to move his head to be closer with me, away from his owner and collapsed again. He was tired, he looked so worn down, so scared. I was sat with him, talking about memories, about him, how his life has changed since having the family member take care of him, whilst crying and stroking him, I gave him some kisses, he licked me numerous times. I made small talk with him. I told him I loved him.

It came to the point where we went to the vets for him to be put to sleep.

I didn’t say goodbye, it all happened so quickly. It happened too quick for me to say goodbye. I went out with his owner to comfort him because his wife wanted to be with the dog when he was Put to sleep. I feel awful for this. I didn’t say goodbye to him but I loved him so much.

When the wife came out I said I needed to go in and see him, I gave him a kiss and a quick stroke but couldn’t say anything because o was too cut up. I didn’t want to have a panic attack and look pathetic but I loved him so so much.

Please, can anyone tell me if he will know how much I loved him?

Will he know that I wanted to say goodbye and that was my whole reason for visiting despite the fact I never said the words?

I feel like I really let him down.

Will he visit me in the after life? He wasn’t my dog but I loved him so much and I feel tremendous guilt. I feel like He would have felt like I wasn’t there, or I didn’t care about him. I haven’t stopped crying since about 10 o’clock this morning.

I’ve never had anyone close to me due, and it feels really unfair that he is gone, I feel like we were closer than I’ve ever been to a human being. He was there last year when my husband and I split up, he was there when I was evicted. I got concussion last year, he laid with me the whole time I had to spend taking it easy and recovering. He was protective of us when I found a new house and it was just me and my daughter. He was the most wonderful companion.

He is no longer in pain, which I’m happy about, he looked so unlike his usual self today. But I feel like I let him down, and I’m in pieces about the fact he’s gone.

I don’t know what answers I can get, but I would greatly appreciate anything. I’m desperate for some hope that he will know just how much I loved him and that I was there for him- I feel like I failed him today. My ultimate hope is someone will tell me there’s a possibility he will “visit” sometimez, or even that there’s something after this life that he would find enjoyable because the past few weeks would have been awful for him.

Thank you to anyone who read this far. I’m really in pieces. I loved him, he wasn’t mine but I loved him so much.

I feel pathetic being in such a state about someone else’s dog, but it’s hpw I feel.

Native spirit 23-06-2018 08:40 PM

Animals are far more in tune with how they feel than some people. the dog knows how much you thought of him he could feel the Empathy radiating from you. he knows you loved him.
I have had animals all my life and when we loose one it is devastating` it is like loosing part of your family.

Namaste

Tomma 23-06-2018 11:08 PM

Of course he knows how much you love him, words are not needed. They feel us more than anything. And you project so much love in your words here, I'm sure your heart was shining like a beacon for him when he passed on.

I totally understand you, it is so hard to lose a beloved animal. I have been through this pain many times too. I always feel that I didn't do enough, that I should have done this or that, say this or that, it's normal to feel this way, it's human. But it's not true. You did do 'enough'. He was so happy to see you today.

You can talk to him now, he will be around and hear you. He is happy and healthy now.

No you did not let him down. You came to see him on his last day, you talked with him, loved him, he licked you. That's all he wanted and needed.

And yes, when you pass on one day, he will be there waiting for you. Count on it!

Sending you a big hug! I hope your other dog will be able to give you some comfort too.

Michelle11 24-06-2018 12:43 PM

Pets give us inconditional love and so we can become very attached to them. And they feel our love for them so the dog knows how much you cared. I think it is important for your well being to address the guilt you feel. Having a pattern of feeling guilty about everything we did or didn't do can severely undermine our personal well being. You aren't doing anything wrong. It's important to address any patterns of guilt in your life or it will eat you up alive and feed any anxiety you have. Please do try to let yourself off the hook. We aren't meant to be perfect. Morn the loss of the dog. It's normal to be sad but challenge the guilt you feel over it. It isn't necessary or helpful for you to work through the loss. Hugs

dream jo 24-06-2018 04:37 PM

sorry on loss of a sweett dog so sorryy

NightingalesFlame 11-07-2018 06:30 AM

God is love and love is universal. Your thoughts towards “your” dog will travel to him wherever he is. He knows you loved him. I lost my dog Maddie after having an operation. She was a beautiful Australian-Shepherd husky mix. My guilt was not being with her when she died in the hospital. I was totally broken. But then my mother and father said they have seen her around the house right after she passed. They would see her grey tail as she left the room. With the bond you guys have, there’s no doubt in my mind you won’t get an afterlife visit from your furry friend. A few days before my father passed, my dog visited me. Like people, they know what’s going on and will still be there for you on the other side.♥️

MARDAV70 11-07-2018 09:22 AM

All answers given so far are good answers. Consciousness is in every living thing (and maybe more than just living things). When it leaves this world, it only takes the true, the good, with it. You most definitely will see him again, and he you. He knows the love you gave him and he's taken that with him and will return the love when you see him.

arjunsharda 11-07-2018 10:34 AM

Animals are far more in tune with how they feel than some people. the dog knows how much you thought of him he could feel the Empathy radiating from you. he knows you loved him.
I have had animals all my life and when we lose one it is devastating` it is like losing part of your family.

Spirit bird 12-07-2018 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Disneystace
Sorry this is going to be a little bit emotional, I really need some information.

Today a dog has been put to sleep who I was very close to but really love. I was working as a dog carer and ended up looking after a dog for around a year, the dog virtually lived with us, and in my eyes he became my dog. He was my companion, I was going through a rough time and he was there, the beautiful boy that he was, just to give me a cuddle as I cried, to keep me company. He and I were always together.

His owner took him back to have a family member take care of him. This was 10 months ago and I was just getting over it when his owner asked if I could have him for a weekend, I jumped at the opportunity, but he took a disliking to the dog I bought myself- i bought a dog who was the same breed and colour. So the next I heard was the beginning of this week, the dog was unwell and it was looking likely he might need to be put to sleep. I made plans to go today.

I arrived and he was in a bad way. I went and sat with him, he got onto his feet to move his head to be closer with me, away from his owner and collapsed again. He was tired, he looked so worn down, so scared. I was sat with him, talking about memories, about him, how his life has changed since having the family member take care of him, whilst crying and stroking him, I gave him some kisses, he licked me numerous times. I made small talk with him. I told him I loved him.

It came to the point where we went to the vets for him to be put to sleep.

I didn’t say goodbye, it all happened so quickly. It happened too quick for me to say goodbye. I went out with his owner to comfort him because his wife wanted to be with the dog when he was Put to sleep. I feel awful for this. I didn’t say goodbye to him but I loved him so much.

When the wife came out I said I needed to go in and see him, I gave him a kiss and a quick stroke but couldn’t say anything because o was too cut up. I didn’t want to have a panic attack and look pathetic but I loved him so so much.

Please, can anyone tell me if he will know how much I loved him?

Will he know that I wanted to say goodbye and that was my whole reason for visiting despite the fact I never said the words?

I feel like I really let him down.

Will he visit me in the after life? He wasn’t my dog but I loved him so much and I feel tremendous guilt. I feel like He would have felt like I wasn’t there, or I didn’t care about him. I haven’t stopped crying since about 10 o’clock this morning.

I’ve never had anyone close to me due, and it feels really unfair that he is gone, I feel like we were closer than I’ve ever been to a human being. He was there last year when my husband and I split up, he was there when I was evicted. I got concussion last year, he laid with me the whole time I had to spend taking it easy and recovering. He was protective of us when I found a new house and it was just me and my daughter. He was the most wonderful companion.

He is no longer in pain, which I’m happy about, he looked so unlike his usual self today. But I feel like I let him down, and I’m in pieces about the fact he’s gone.

I don’t know what answers I can get, but I would greatly appreciate anything. I’m desperate for some hope that he will know just how much I loved him and that I was there for him- I feel like I failed him today. My ultimate hope is someone will tell me there’s a possibility he will “visit” sometimez, or even that there’s something after this life that he would find enjoyable because the past few weeks would have been awful for him.

Thank you to anyone who read this far. I’m really in pieces. I loved him, he wasn’t mine but I loved him so much.

I feel pathetic being in such a state about someone else’s dog, but it’s hpw I feel.

I am so sorry for your loss of this beloved dog. Yes, you will see him again of this I am sure. Animals do have spirits for certain and I can attest to the experience of losing an elderly cat we had back in 2012. She was an all black spayed female that was around 18 years old, very sweet and loving to us all. She went peacefully in her sleep of old age. On a few occasions I have sensed her and felt her head butt against my side. I thought the first time I was losing my head when I felt it, but when it happened on another occasion I happened to be wearing a loose zip up hoodie style jacket that was open in front with a T shirt underneath which turned out to be the perfect clothing. I ever so slowly turned my head to look down when I felt it and could actually see the jacket moving while I felt a few head butts. Only no animal was there in the physical sense. Head butting was something Cinders loved to do to us on the couch at night so I knew it was her for certain. It brought a sense of peace and brought tears to my eyes when I saw the jacket move along with feeling the sensation. So I can tell you for certain there is something more for them in the afterlife and also that they do not ever forget who they loved and who loved them as well. I hope this helps in knowing this.

Also, I can relate more than ever to the pain you feel because I just had to put down our beautiful cat Puma our Bengal girl just this past weekend. So we too are currently healing a broken heart because it is still fresh in our minds. Animals are soooo innocent and in some cases as sorry as it sounds to say we can hold more compassion for them than humankind because of the unconditional love they give whereas mankind can put contingencies on love and be hurtful and ruthless. Not all but many of them, and this just shows even more how wonderful the animals are and that we should take lessons from them. Especially when I watch videos of interspecies friendships between animals, that gets me the most. If they can do it why can't we as a people?

Tomma 14-07-2018 12:52 AM

My own dog also died two days ago from heart and kidney failure.

The day before he died I sensed already what was coming. I was sitting at my desk when I suddenly had the feeling his soul is with me, jumping up on my lap, cuddling against me. We enjoyed this, it was a moment of peace and happiness amidst the shock of the devastating diagnosis and the inevitable to come.

The next day his condition worsened and we decided to have him put down because he was crying a lot, clearly suffering. At the same time I could see in his eyes that he wasn't really here anymore. I guess his soul was already half (?) out of his body. At least I hope so. I read that animals leave their body more easily than we do. But we told him anyway what we were gonna do so he could prepare himself to leave.

Just when we got ready to bring him to the vet he had a final seizure (he had 9 seizures in 3 days!) and passed away in our living room. I guess he decided he'd rather do this while at home on his own terms, and not have the stress of driving through rush hour traffic to the vet clinic.

When he passed I was in the bathroom so I didn't know he had another seizure. Tears and emotion were welling up in me. I said "Henry" (that was his name) "I'm gonna wrap you in white light, and myself too, nice white and beautiful light, and then we go to the doc and all this pain will be gone, okay?" Then my husband called from the living room ...

I miss him a lot today. He used to be a stray dog, a puppy with a broken leg, when we moved in here 10 years ago. We adopted him. He belonged here. It's just odd and empty that he's not here anymore, at least not in body. But I can feel him in my heart, little Hender (my nick name for him). Love you so much Sweetie!!