Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Forum Help (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   New Posts Issue (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=125966)

IndigoGeminiWolf 26-10-2018 02:49 PM

Why when I click on New Posts at the top of the forums it always says "Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms."

The very first time I clicked it when I was new there were some that came back.

But how do I get it to show new posts since I last visited?

I stay logged in.

Tobi 31-10-2018 12:26 AM

I don't know why that would be happening, IndigoGeminiWolf.
Can you try again, see what happens and then post back here if you still have a problem?
I have never used that feature, (strange to say!) I just tried it and it did work okay for me, for all the time frames.
If you still have a problem, maybe another member of staff might have an answer to help you.

Gem 31-10-2018 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndigoGeminiWolf
Why when I click on New Posts at the top of the forums it always says "Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms."

Try to clear the cache on your computer.

Quote:

I stay logged in.

If you use Mozilla Firefox, the 'New Posts' has a drop menu which gives options:
Previous Visit
Previous Day
Previous Week
Previous Month

Those options don't come up on other servers as far as I know. Problem is, after a few uses the same message you quoted above come up - then you have to clear cache to fix it.

Mozilla Firefox gives the best user experience compared to other servers, but you have to clear cache pretty often. The forum has had this problem for ages.

Chrysalis 31-10-2018 11:05 PM

Maybe your staying logged in all the time is a problem. Try logging out and log back in as that might be needed to refresh a search for 'new'. Without logging out, the site might consider nothing is new for you to see.

dream jo 31-10-2018 11:08 PM

iv had it to dnt matchh
iv np no rht bean hear
i need mree postinss
i no seten borsress will ehtr let me on or not im on torhch brosrr aner siblin to googl cromee
did lk safrii broserr but for sum resoon its ourttdatedd

ScorpioRising8819 02-11-2018 05:56 PM

I keep getting logged out every 15 minutes and I'm a new user so I have no idea.

Chrysalis 05-11-2018 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScorpioRising8819
I keep getting logged out every 15 minutes and I'm a new user so I have no idea.

Do you check "remember me"? It's a little square near the login info so is easy to miss.

leadville 05-11-2018 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndigoGeminiWolf

I stay logged in.

I've experienced this problem on various computers aperiodically. I've given up bothering and just trawl through those listed as new using the forum headings. Try different browsers and if your request works on one and not another then you'll have isolated the one with issues. If it's a problem on all browsers it's not your computer.

leadville 05-11-2018 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chrysalis
Maybe your staying logged in all the time is a problem. Try logging out and log back in as that might be needed to refresh a search for 'new'. Without logging out, the site might consider nothing is new for you to see.

Maybe but mine used to work reliably at one time and I haven't ever logged out routinely.