Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Christianity (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Encounters with the Wicked one. (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=130176)

Aknaton 29-06-2019 07:32 AM

Encounters with the Wicked one.

I thought that we could share some experiences with encounters with the devil and how he is defeated through Christ. I believe that this would be of help and am very much excited to hear and read your experiences.

One time In the spiritual realm, I was walking along a gravel road and then all of a sudden, aa swift storm of darkness appeared. Then I was surrounded by dense darkness and then this strange man dressed up like a televangelist appeared and yelled at me telling me to stop reading the Bible and sharing the gospel. He yelled with so much anger, hurling darkness at me and then he pulled the inside of my chest, something that looked like a light; I believe it to be my spirit and the more he tried to pull it out, the more I felt as if I was fading away into death. I tried to re-enter my body but he somehow blocked me from getting back so I had no option but to face him.

Then, I realised quickly that it was Lucifer and began to speak the words of Christ upon him and by some strange miracle, a Bible appeared in my hands and I began to preach the gospel to him until he let go of me and faded away. I then managed to return to my body and was weak for the rest of the day and regained all my strength the next day.

davidmartin 29-06-2019 05:16 PM

just curious, what words of Christ? how did you express the gospel in the dream?

Aknaton 30-06-2019 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davidmartin
just curious, what words of Christ? how did you express the gospel in the dream?

The words I remember telling him is that he's a sore loser and Christ disarmed and disgraced him hands down, how he succeeded with Adam but not with Christ, how he has no legal right over one purchased by the blood of the lamb; this was the general theme of how I preached to him. The rest of the words came out automatically, the are the ones I do not remember.

davidmartin 30-06-2019 10:53 PM

Interesting, maybe there's enough here to make a bit of a guess and that is all this is, but i'm seeing it relates more to how you preach the gospel more than the fact you preach the gospel that caused this. Each of us interprets the gospel as we understand it, and sometimes may feel go out on a limb at times and hope we are right. If your understanding generated this encounter it seriously gives divine support to your views. You must have something very correct for that level of anger
The fact the enemy appeared in televangelist garb is another clue, as they are known for dubious takes on the gospel. OK, some are worse than others and some are nice people, but this is the archetype of the false one. He was mad you were not preaching his version of religion
Whatever you said back in the Spirit vanquished him
So i just think this is very encouraging for you and are thinking along the right lines, which will get you opposition and maybe self-doubt but you are being encouraged here i'm sure of it that you have some essential thing right

Aknaton 01-07-2019 05:04 AM

Indeed. I agree, they do have some dubious takes on the Gospel. I'm glad to know that I am within line, though of course sin is always a stumbling block.

I believe the essence of handling this vicious archetype is maintaining a solid grasp of whatever little knowledge of scripture. I completely believe that with a large enough faith in Christ, even the verse "Jesus wept." would have caused this dark figure to retreat.

Dargor 01-07-2019 09:24 AM

I had plenty of creepy dreams like that involving demons, but it turns out my subconscious is the biggest trickster out there. If there is a devil, he doesn't reside in hell but rather in the brain.

sky 01-07-2019 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
I had plenty of creepy dreams like that involving demons, but it turns out my subconscious is the biggest trickster out there. If there is a devil, he doesn't reside in hell but rather in the brain.

The voice of reason :smile:

What is behind your eyes holds more power than what is in front of them.

ketzer 05-07-2019 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aknaton
I thought that we could share some experiences with encounters with the devil and how he is defeated through Christ. I believe that this would be of help and am very much excited to hear and read your experiences.

One time In the spiritual realm, I was walking along a gravel road and then all of a sudden, aa swift storm of darkness appeared. Then I was surrounded by dense darkness and then this strange man dressed up like a televangelist appeared and yelled at me telling me to stop reading the Bible and sharing the gospel. He yelled with so much anger, hurling darkness at me and then he pulled the inside of my chest, something that looked like a light; I believe it to be my spirit and the more he tried to pull it out, the more I felt as if I was fading away into death. I tried to re-enter my body but he somehow blocked me from getting back so I had no option but to face him.

Then, I realised quickly that it was Lucifer and began to speak the words of Christ upon him and by some strange miracle, a Bible appeared in my hands and I began to preach the gospel to him until he let go of me and faded away. I then managed to return to my body and was weak for the rest of the day and regained all my strength the next day.

I am well acquainted with the wicked one, and I too have made something of a study of his ways. I have noticed that he seems to have a preference for certain weather and certain times. He definitely likes to show up more when it is dark, and seems to like it when it is very hot. However, he does show up when it is very cold as well. He tends to stay away when it is fair and pleasant, and so it seems he favors the extremes. For example, he rarely shows up for a gentle rain shower, but is almost always with me during a severe thunderstorm.

Like you, I have also found that when he does show up, he seems to have a lot to say, says it with vigor and urgency, and does not seem to be a very big fan of the teachings of Jesus. While we may call him wicked, I don’t think he really means me any harm. What he tells me may not be the truth but I don’t think he is lying to me, as I think he really believes it. I think he really believes he is trying to talk some sense into me and help me out.

He is a distinctly sarcastic, bitter, and mocking fellow, and Jesus is definitely someone he likes to mock.
“Go ahead and treat others as you would like to be treated!” he scoffs. “They will only see it as weakness and take advantage of you.”

“It’s an eye for an eye. Teach them that you are not to be messed with. Enemies are to be destroyed as a lesson to all, not something to be kind to. Don’t be such a damn fool!” he shakes his head.

“Pray for those who persecute you? REALLY? What kind of weak nieve nonsense is that?” he is incredulous. “Look around you idiot! It is a world of predator and pray. Eat or be eaten. Only the strongest will survive.”

“I am sure all of these ‘others’ would do the same ‘unto you’ if you were in need.” He sneers at me, the sarcasm palpable in his voice. “Don’t kid yourself. Go ahead and waste your time and money trying to bring food, shelter, and justice to the needy. You will find they will only squander it.”

His spite shows through a thin veil of pity as he mocks me, “Poor you. You will see you have nothing left with which to secure these things for yourself and your loved ones. Then you and they will be the needy ones. Won’t you?”

“And while we are on the subject, what about those you love and who love you?” He asks me with a tone more of accusation than inquiry. “YES!” He has noticed the look of surprise on my face, “I do speak of love! Are you really that blind to all of the evil ones in the world? You need to make a decision my friend. Are you going to be the hunter or the hunted? There is never going to be enough for everybody, some will always have to go hungry, and some will starve. Others are taking far more than they need. Are you going to fight for the sake of those you love, or are you going to lie down like the lamb and be slaughtered, leaving the fate of your loved ones in the jaws of the lions? What kind of love is that? What a mistake they would have made to choose to love a coward like you. I feel sorry for them!”
His words reverberate through me, carrying deep their judgement and acrimony.
I do my best not to listen to him when he comes around. During the light of day, when the weather is fine, and a breeze is blowing gentle and fresh, I find that if he is there at all, I cannot hear him. But when it gets hot, and I start to sweat and get thirsty, or when it is bitterly cold and I am uncertain of my shelter, his voice grows louder, comes through cleaner, and rings truer. Sometimes, when the weather turns really bad, my senses become heightened as I listen closely to the storm, trying to assess the degree of the threat. With my hearing made that much sharper by the fear and adrenaline, each sentence he speaks seems to be punctuated by the thunder and lightning, and I start to think, and to feel, “Maybe he is right.”

davidmartin 05-07-2019 05:26 PM

the strange thing ketzer is, I have discerned (rightly or wrongly) that the entire truth about Jesus is very, very different from portrayed by Christianity. Not that its completely opposed, just that the real Jesus is unthinkable and not possible to comprehend except in a mystical way
in that sense the Gnostics were right - again not that they were completely right either I feel
what i'm trying to express is just that Jesus is strongly associated with a mystery and a teaching that Christianity only touches upon quite lightly
That mystery is very much still out there to be encountered by those of very different beliefs. when some thought him the messiah, they didn't really go deeper into it and rather missed the point....

ketzer 05-07-2019 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davidmartin
the strange thing ketzer is, I have discerned (rightly or wrongly) that the entire truth about Jesus is very, very different from portrayed by Christianity. Not that its completely opposed, just that the real Jesus is unthinkable and not possible to comprehend except in a mystical way
in that sense the Gnostics were right - again not that they were completely right either I feel
what i'm trying to express is just that Jesus is strongly associated with a mystery and a teaching that Christianity only touches upon quite lightly
That mystery is very much still out there to be encountered by those of very different beliefs. when some thought him the messiah, they didn't really go deeper into it and rather missed the point....

Yes, I do agree with that. The true "Jesus" is beyond the words, even if the words were actually spoken by him and not put into his mouth by others. Perhaps that is why though the "wicked one" makes such logical and reasonable arguments, I mysteriously still feel a need to fight back my anger, fear, and hatred, and resist. Though it does seem to be a war in which there is always another battle. Unfortunately, it seems to me that those that missed the point, have been fighting battle after battle for 2000 years to try and win the war, and it has been a bloody war indeed. Yet the mystery is still there, and cannot be defeated by the weapons they have brought against it. No matter how much fire they use to try to burn it out, it cannot be consumed.