Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Death & The Afterlife (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Do we know when we are going to die? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=19040)

Squatchit 26-08-2011 08:54 PM

This thread makes interesting reading. :smile:

I was given my death date via a lucid dream a few years ago.

What surprised me the most is that the date is a genuine, feasible date. I even repeated the date to the man, to enure that I'd got it correct. Numbers are normally gobbledegook in dreams.

I have pretty much put the date out of my mind...in case it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Squatch

Mansour 25-09-2011 09:01 PM

Generally we don't know

Celeste 28-09-2011 05:54 AM

Yes I believe we do, and we also are given several opportunities to exit the earth.

mac 28-09-2011 07:00 PM

The thread is entitled 'Do we know when we are going to die?'

There are many recorded anecdotes which strongly suggest that approaching death is felt by at least some individuals. The simple answer is that some may know and others will not.... What we believe or what we don't believe does not change the actuality.

It is not a single 'one answer fits all' situation. It may depend on our personal level of spiritual evolvement - how aware we are about matters spiritual - or on other issues about which we do not know.

emalie 01-10-2011 05:43 PM

I am certainly ready to believe that some people, like some in this forum, do have a sense of when they will die, but on the whole, I don't think it's in our best interest because it can so easily change the way that we look at our life and the lessons we need to learn in it. I think those who have such a sense are given it because they can handle it and still look on their lives in a productive way.

emalie

mac 01-10-2011 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emalie
I am certainly ready to believe that some people, like some in this forum, do have a sense of when they will die, but on the whole, I don't think it's in our best interest because it can so easily change the way that we look at our life and the lessons we need to learn in it. I think those who have such a sense are given it because they can handle it and still look on their lives in a productive way.

emalie

That sounds fair.....:smile:

duckstar 03-10-2011 07:12 AM

My Nana called all of her children, grandchildren and people close to her just before she died, i remember the last call i got from her she sounded very faint as if she was a long way away, after she died when we went to sort her house out everything was packed up and there were little stickers on the bottom of everything she had been given so that we could all take back things we had given her, she was well prepared for her death and i believe she knew that her time was almost up so she got in a few phone calls first!

PanBaccha 07-10-2011 12:23 PM

I have always known when the passing of my sons,
quiet healthy, would occur. It was something I didn't
want to know but was made aware for quite some time.
I knew when my 4 yr old son would pass; my 17 yr old
son, and my older son recently in a motorcycle accident.
All three were correct. It is not something I like knowing.

As for myself I always knew that I, too, will pass in 2016.
In the meantime I will continue enjoying life and contributing
to it and its inhabitants, and continue playing basketball, my
pasttime addiction. :smile:

duckstar 09-10-2011 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PanBaccha
I have always known when the passing of my sons,
quiet healthy, would occur. It was something I didn't
want to know but was made aware for quite some time.
I knew when my 4 yr old son would pass; my 17 yr old
son, and my older son recently in a motorcycle accident.
All three were correct. It is not something I like knowing.

As for myself I always knew that I, too, will pass in 2016.
In the meantime I will continue enjoying life and contributing
to it and its inhabitants, and continue playing basketball, my
pasttime addiction. :smile:

Oh you poor poor soul, how truly awful for you im so sorry to hear of all your loss's, knowing these things must be a living hell, i would be inconsolable if i knew that any of my children were going to die and when. Ive never read anything quite so sad as this and know that nothing will ease your pain, :hug2: thankyou for sharing your story x

SpiritLady 17-10-2011 10:06 AM

What an amazing story Gracey. The only thing I struggle with, is why your future/higher self would feel the need to inform you of this upsetting news? If it was me, knowing that I was going to die would be bad enough but being shown that my children would die with me too would be very distressing. I know some people genuinely want to know this info but it sounds like it was dropped on you? Very intriguing.