Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Tai Chi & Chi Gong (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=118)
-   -   reiki + QiGong (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=26059)

njbr1111 21-11-2011 06:42 PM

reiki + QiGong

Does anyone know if and how learning both may compliment each other ? I'm reiki level 2, doing master in a few weeks and also thinking of learning Qi Gong ... wondering if and how this may help in healing sessions.

Does anyone have any experience in this ?

thanks,
njbr.

pre-dawn 22-11-2011 04:07 AM

In "The Healing Promise of Qi" Roger Jahnke O.M.D. has a 2 page description of Qi healing which would not be amiss in any Reiki manual without changing a single word.
Reiki is Qi healing put into a particular framework by Mikao Usui.

Therefore, Reiki is Qi healing, and Qi healing is Reiki although you will find lots of people who will say that one has to be attuned to do Reiki healing. I don't think the Qi actually cares about that.

As they are the same in their essence they do not complement each other, let alone compliment :icon_eek: (we should try to get our words and concept correct) but practicing either one will deepen one's experience.

One of the absolutely major failures of Reiki today is the lack of a consistent, comprehensible framework with structural integrity. Studying Qigong can provide that at the price of demystifying Reiki, and removing it from the elitist-esoteric realm, personally a price I am very happy to pay.

TzuJanLi 22-11-2011 10:48 AM

Greetings..

Quote:

Originally Posted by pre-dawn
In "The Healing Promise of Qi" Roger Jahnke O.M.D. has a 2 page description of Qi healing which would not be amiss in any Reiki manual without changing a single word.

Therefore, Reiki is Qi healing, and Qi healing is Reiki although you will find lots of people who will say that one has to be attuned to do Reiki healing. I don't think the Qi actually cares about that.

As they are the same in their essence they do not complement each other, let alone compliment :icon_eek: (we should try to get our words and concept correct) but practicing either one will deepen one's experience.

One of the absolutely major failures of Reiki today is the lack of a consistent, comprehensible framework with structural integrity. Studying Qigong can provide that at the price of demystifying Reiki, and removing it from the elitist-esoteric realm, personally a price I am very happy to pay.

Hi pre-dawn: Precisely stated, and accurate.. Thanks..

Be well..

krishna 22-11-2011 12:19 PM

Have seen massive results with Qi-Gong.
Light and grace.
Krishna.

njbr1111 22-11-2011 12:56 PM

thanks guys.

Akaalis 26-03-2012 04:28 PM

Agreed with Pre-Dawn, Reiki is quite a low-level practice and is more so a spiritual commercialized business than it is a practice. A complete waste of ones time(if one is not money motivated that is)

Henri77 27-03-2012 07:24 AM

Might I suggest you shop around for a teacher that you really feel at home with.
It appears each teacher-school has its own techniques-movements, and what you learn from one may not be accepted by another, (you'll likely start as a beginner again) if you switch.... at least in my area.
I've been doing ChiGong 2 yrs and quite love doing it. Wish I had researched teachers-techniques... but the master whose moves I do is highly respected and I've no complaints .. Do wish we had more options in my area though.

Of course there're lots of youtube videos to expand one's practice.. and I've adopted 2-3 things from there.

pupiavril 08-03-2014 02:03 PM

Nicely put Pre-Dawn. Light

libelula 24-05-2014 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pre-dawn

Very well said.

DuskShine 20-10-2014 07:09 AM

As Glenn Morris said,

Reiki = Spray Bottle Spritz

Reiki + Qigong = Fire Hose