Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Past Lives & Reincarnation (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Do we really chose our lives before we are born? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=53792)

Kaere 31-08-2013 06:59 PM

That's beautiful Muileag...

It's really quite possible that he chose such a life in order to give you the chance to experience those things, along with his own learning and experience. That's how much our soul family loves us, to take on such a hard role to help us out in our evolution... it's amazing! It's seeing things like that with those different eyes and perspective that helps me understand and grow.

It's a level and intensity of love that I don't feel we as humans can really grasp in it's entirety.

becklyn37 31-08-2013 07:32 PM

Thank you for sharing your story muileg. It was beautiful!

Mystik 31-08-2013 07:35 PM

If it is true that our lives are decided for us before we are born(even if by ourselves)then that would mean(imo) that our lives are prededetermined. I personally don't believe that is the case. We can change our lives. The trick is learning how.

muileag 31-08-2013 07:40 PM

I tend to picture it as choosing a framework that we will build on and embellish as we live our Earth life.

Belle 31-08-2013 07:46 PM

There are, I believe, two sort of opposing set of variables.

The first is repeating patterns within a dynamic - eg - I believe with my ma, she is a constant manipulator until we find a way through and I believe if we don't work it out in this life, it iwll be an energetic to deal with in another life.

The other, is more of a tit-for tat scenario whereby if I wrong someone, they then wrong me in the next to try to bring the balance. However, that doesn't bring balance, it only hands over the grenade back to me and so I wrong the other again handing over the grenade for the next life. Etc. Until, we can both get through this and diffuse the grenade.

Mystik 31-08-2013 09:38 PM

I don't necessarily disagree with you Mulieg but if that is true then I certainly don't remember chosing this life. Hey if anyone wants my life they can have it. LOL.

muileag 31-08-2013 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystik
I don't necessarily disagree with you Mulieg but if that is true then I certainly don't remember chosing this life. Hey if anyone wants my life they can have it. LOL.

LOL... :D
It can't be all that bad!

Mystik 31-08-2013 10:43 PM

Yes it can. ;) I have very little money and I'm probably going to get rid of my cable just so I have a little bit more. At least I have learned to live a more spiritual life and focus more on what really matters. I am trying to find the divine within(to paraphrase Jon Anderson ;.) ).

muileag 31-08-2013 11:17 PM

Quote:

Yes it can. ;) I have very little money and I'm probably going to get rid of my cable just so I have a little bit more. At least I have learned to live a more spiritual life and focus more on what really matters. I am trying to find the divine within(to paraphrase Jon Anderson ;.) ).

I got rid of cable about three years ago. At first my boys balked at the idea ("No Cartoon Network?!!! :icon_eek: ) but they've gotten used to it. I find shows on my laptop and I do subscribe to the one disk Netflix deal, so we can watch all the "watch now" offerings online or through my DVD player. Oh, and I have an old fashioned antenna and receive ABC, NBC and a bunch of PBS channels...

I hope your money situation turns around for you soon, but I'm glad you're able to see the silver lining ("At least I have learned to live a more spiritual life and focus more on what really matters. I am trying to find the divine within(to paraphrase Jon Anderson ;.) ")

I have a feeling that as you keep opening up, what you need will flow in...

Belle 01-09-2013 08:31 AM

Quote:

Yes, I've wondered on more than a few occasions, "what was I thinking to choose this life". I believe many of us who consider the concept of choosing lives will have thought that.

I spent a long time clearing out stuff, cutting back on costs, including getting rid of sky and this that and the other. Sold a lot of stuff on ebay.

And, the beauty of it all is that it makes way for something else. Something more comes in in it's place and I hope for you you will find that - and that it will be beautiful.