Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Forum Help (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   This Site Automatically Logs Me Out - Constantly! (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=121087)

SierraNevadaStar 02-03-2018 11:15 AM

This Site Automatically Logs Me Out - Constantly!

As a result of this, I am having to first write longer posts of mine in, "Word" and then copy/paste them into a thread. I forgot to do this with one I'd just written (I could've had more sleep so am groggy) and so have to rewrite it all again the 'safe' way.

Am wondering if this is happening to anyone else? It seems to be an especially short time I'm given before I am 'logged out.'

Chrysalis 02-03-2018 05:25 PM

When I log in, I click on remember me.

SierraNevadaStar 02-03-2018 09:07 PM

I have been doing that, thanks, but it still seems to be happening. Maybe this site just doesn't like me. ;-)

innerlight 02-03-2018 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SierraNevadaStar
I have been doing that, thanks, but it still seems to be happening. Maybe this site just doesn't like me. ;-)

That's very possible. Did you make an offering to the board to appease it? I hear it likes vegemite, as well as chocolate. When making an offering, make sure you bow your head, so as to not make eye contact.

Tobi 02-03-2018 11:43 PM

It happens to me too. It seems to be just a feature of the site. If I spend too long not actually active on-site (say I'm typing a reply and not doing anything else) then I get logged out. Sometimes it only feels like 10 minutes.
The safest way to not lose some longer reply or post is to write it on notepad or word or something. I always do mine on notepad, then copy paste, and make sure I'm logged back in again before posting.
It's frustrating to lose something you might have put a lot of thought into, and have to start again.

SierraNevadaStar 03-03-2018 12:20 AM

Thanks Tobi. I have been using, "Word" diligently, but I'd forgotten to do so during this particular post which was a longer one.

innerlight - very funny! I appreciate your witty response back to my own joke.

Chrysalis 03-03-2018 05:53 PM

Good luck with your offering and may the divine favour you!

Lynn 03-03-2018 11:05 PM

Hello

With anything its best to create and save in Word then paste it over. I find this with Facebook at times as well.

Lynn

Realm Ki 04-03-2018 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lynn
Hello

With anything its best to create and save in Word then paste it over. I find this with Facebook at times as well.

Lynn

Now that the question is brought up, I would like to ask the Administrators; Is there no setting you can change? Maybe it is set to log out at certain time of 'inactivity' - I check the box 'keep me logged in' as often as I possibly can.

It keeps returning empty. And it keeps logging me out between messages.

It could be a bug in the program, of course. But are we entirely sure that it is not a setting?

It would really help a lot of people from experiencing grievances.

True, that would also berieve them from an opportunity at practicing serenity in adversity... But still... :)

*And I just select all + copy, before I post. That way I can enter a new message and just 'paste' if I've been logged out. *

FallingLeaves 09-03-2018 12:40 AM

Just out of curiosity, do you guys have cookies turned off? Based on the fact I never get logged out I've been assuming the site stores cookies on my computer...

of course 'server busy' is another story entirely... but for that I found I can just hit the back button on my browser a couple of times and get back to my message...