Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Books (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   What Book Are You Currently Reading ? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=3642)

Soul Searching 01-10-2010 10:39 PM

What Book Are You Currently Reading ?

My book of choice at the moment is ...

Stairways To Heaven - by Lorna Byrne.

This follows on her life story from where her first book - Angels In My Hair, finished.

A remarkable tale, from a truly remarkable lady .... very inspiring.

Well worth a read .... :hug3:

Amethyst Angel 04-10-2010 05:02 PM

I've just finished Stairways to heaven as well, I haven't read her first book yet, but it's in my reading pile. I really enjoyed it, totally different than any other angel book I've read :D

Soul Searching 04-10-2010 07:10 PM

Don't tell me how it ends !!! .................. :icon_eek:

I'm only half way through it !!! ............. lol !! :D

Seriously though, you should read her first book - Angels In My Hair, you will love it too.

Very inspiring read. :hug3:

onlyme2 04-10-2010 07:22 PM

im currently reading your posts

Medb 04-10-2010 07:47 PM

I'm finally reading The Mists of Avalon and loving every page of it

Checkers 04-10-2010 07:54 PM

I'm reading Legacy of the Heart, The Spiritual Advantages of a Painful Childhood by Wayne Muller.

I have probably read a 1,000 self help and spiritual books. This is in the top 10 of favorites. It oozes with healing. It wouldn't matter if you had a painful childhood or not. Just read it. The man's words are healing. I have two friends who have read it and said the same thing.

Checkers

jorddy 04-10-2010 08:02 PM

Hey!
Tim O'brien's "The Things They Carried". I'm almost done (about 7/8's done).. It brings some great thought along with the text.
Its one of those books that leave you thinking a while after, and give you great intrespect on your life. (I dont want to explain my ideas of it because, I want you all to come to your own conclusion if you do read it ) :) Hope yall are well

Amethyst Angel 04-10-2010 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soul Searching
Don't tell me how it ends !!! .................. :icon_eek:

I'm only half way through it !!! ............. lol !! :D

Seriously though, you should read her first book - Angels In My Hair, you will love it too.

Very inspiring read. :hug3:

I wouldn't dream of it, but so glad you are enjoying it. Looking forward to reading the first one, but reading some historical fiction first though :D

Amethyst Angel 04-10-2010 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Medb
I'm finally reading The Mists of Avalon and loving every page of it

aaaahhhh, one of my all time favourite books and one that I would never part with :D

Cosmix 05-10-2010 03:10 AM

I'm going to be reading all of the Carlos Castaneda books. Just got done with "The Teachings of don Juan - A Yaqui Way of Knowledge" and am now starting "Separate Reality".

Volt 05-10-2010 07:53 AM

I'm reading Arabian Nights :O

Dragonfly1 06-10-2010 06:51 AM

Im reading Excuses Begone by Dr Wayne Dyer.......and The Forest Mage by Robin Hobb.

Rumar 06-10-2010 05:19 PM

I'm reading the Zombie Apocolypse survival guide by Max Brooks.
Can't be too careful, am I right?

TrainsAndSewingMachines 06-10-2010 05:36 PM

Oddly enough I'm reading

World War Z by Max Brooks

hahah wonderful!

norseman 06-10-2010 06:07 PM

Necronomicon - Lovecraft [ a present from my daughter - jeez, she must really think I am weird !]

whispers 10-10-2010 01:03 PM

I am halfway through care and feeding of indigo children by doreen virtue. Truly amazing and if you think you have an indigo child (or you youself) then it is a great read. OR if you know of someone with ADD or ADHD then this will be an eye opener!

John32241 12-10-2010 04:22 PM

The Kryon book 12, The twelve layers of DNA, has been available since last Tuesday.
https://www.kryon.com/k_66.html

I suspect that it will become a classic very much like the Seth material.

The big surprise for me was how it stressed our current gender "Out of Balance".

Quote:

Layer 11 exists to help balance the compassionate Human Being so that the wise, divine feminine can show through both men and women. Your history is filled with it, yet you still don't honor it.

I found the many insights on this subject quite amazing.

John

earthprowler 12-10-2010 04:27 PM

I have been reading off and on again 90 minutes in Heaven.

Lynn 12-10-2010 04:31 PM

Hello

ODD for me the book that called to me to read.

Eckhart Tolle " A New Earth Awakening to Your Life's Purpose"

I not be a huge fan of Tolle but I liste well to what me Guides say is for me....What I feel I might get from this book is some interesting ideas on what to share here for discussions.

If some have read this book maybe we could share in some thoughts one has.

Lynn

SoaringSpirit 12-10-2010 06:27 PM

Indaba, My Children by Credo Mutwa

(African Tribal History, Legends, Customs and Religious Beliefs)

loveskii 12-10-2010 10:35 PM

Anastasia book 4. - co-creAtion 

cheeky_monkey 12-10-2010 11:09 PM

I've just started reading 'My Life As A Medium' by Betty Shine, a great book with interesting accounts of both healing and mediumship.

mArIya 12-10-2010 11:31 PM

Hello Everyone

"The Book of Secrets" - Deepak Chopra
"The third Jesus" - Deepak Chopra

So far so great, I need to finish both...LOL:D

rainingdrizzle 13-10-2010 01:48 PM

I've just started "How to See Yourself As You Really Are" by the Dalai Lama, really like it so far!

grazier 13-10-2010 02:30 PM

Atlantis by Rod Steiner (when I get the time - busy at the moment) very interesting.

Blessings

grazier

xxSaffronxx 13-10-2010 07:31 PM

Im currently reading.....

The Power of Now - Ekhart Tolle. Its really good but quite hard going.

My favourites are........

Journey of Souls - Michael Newton
Embraced by the Light - Betty J Eadie

Dragonfly1 14-10-2010 10:31 AM

I am reading, Stairways to Heaven by Lorna Byrne, and after that will be Angels in my hair also by lorna byrne and i have The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle to read after that.......Im very busy with books right now......lol

ColForbin 14-10-2010 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lynn
Hello

ODD for me the book that called to me to read.

Eckhart Tolle " A New Earth Awakening to Your Life's Purpose"

I not be a huge fan of Tolle but I liste well to what me Guides say is for me....What I feel I might get from this book is some interesting ideas on what to share here for discussions.

If some have read this book maybe we could share in some thoughts one has.

Lynn

Hi Lynn,

I loved that book. I also read the prequel, [u]The Power Of Now.[u]

I thoroughly enjoy his teachings and I do my very best to live my life in the ways of which he describes. :)

Serenity69 15-10-2010 09:07 AM

Matrix Warrior: Being The One by Jake Horsley

Adrienne 15-10-2010 12:04 PM

Only Love is Real by Brian Weiss

annonafox 16-10-2010 03:02 AM

I love "Only Love is Real" So beautiful!

Adrienne 16-10-2010 04:13 AM

this is what I have heard, I have only just started reading it.

Mystfied 16-10-2010 11:57 AM

I have just finished reading The Shack by Wm Paul Young...and What a Wonderful Read...it sure touches your soul

SusieQ 19-10-2010 11:28 PM

I am have just completed reading Book 1, Anastasia, of the Ringing Cedars series as well as The Power of Now. Both amazing reads!!! I'm currently awaiting the arrival of the rest of the Ringing Cedars series (there are 9 books in all) and was looking for some more good reads to order and some of these sound amazing. Thanks for getting this post started and everyone for all the great suggestions! :)

Delilah 19-10-2010 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SusieQ
I am have just completed reading Book 1, Anastasia, of the Ringing Cedars series as well as The Power of Now. Both amazing reads!!! I'm currently awaiting the arrival of the rest of the Ringing Cedars series (there are 9 books in all) and was looking for some more good reads to order and some of these sound amazing. Thanks for getting this post started and everyone for all the great suggestions! :)

Hi Suzie!! I just finished Anastasia this morning!!! I don't understand how these books are not more well known! They say they've sold 11 million copies but I can't find where to buy them (I borrowed Anastasia from a friend who's gone Anastasia MAD!) She wants everyone to build their Space of Love on her land and she is even giving the land away for free!!!!! What do you think - do you think you will get more involved? Some people say they can communicate directly with Anastasia (telepathically). I am a "newbie" lightworker so I don't really know how to do this yet but I am open and receptive! What are you in to?

SusieQ 20-10-2010 11:27 PM

Hi Delilah!! :) Thanks so much for writing!! I know it's INCREDIBLE how few people seem to know about these books considering the world wide movement growing around them. I am still new to the series (I've only read book one) but I am checking the mail everyday waiting for the rest to come. I'm so sorry you are having trouble finding them! I just ordered them straight from the publishers at www.ringingcedars.com - try that! :) Ring them if you can, they are great people and fun to talk to. About the community and my space of love, I am very blessed and currently living in Tahoe City and have a beautiful property where I plan to start my own gardens with the seed spit technique from the books. Hopefully someday I'll be able to transform the whole plot and through doing so, transform myself and the planet. That's my dream :) That is so cool that you are a lightworker!!!! forgive my ignorance, but what exactly is a lightworker? It sounds very interesting! I am very new to the metaphysical genre myself - I only recently read Anastasia and The Power of Now and am just so hooked. it's like I'm reading things I've known my whole life but that I did realize that I knew... Maybe that sounds crazy or maybe you know what I mean?? Either way, for the first time in my life I feel AWAKE...very exciting!!!! Thank you so much for writing to me! :) In love and light, yours, Susie

grazier 21-10-2010 02:54 PM

:hug3:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystfied
I have just finished reading The Shack by Wm Paul Young...and What a Wonderful Read...it sure touches your soul

I agree that is a brilliant book. I read it awhile ago. Currently reading The Mystery of Atlantis by Charles Berlitz. A very interesting book - there are some good points in it.

Blessings

grazier :hug3:

Royalite 22-10-2010 12:20 AM

WArrior of the Light: A Manual by Paulo Coelho.

One of my favorite writers.

Dragonfly1 25-10-2010 12:47 PM

I read Stairways to Heaven by Lorna Byrne first, and I didn't like it that much, in fact I was disappointed.....But, then I read Angels in my Hair, and loved it... the moral to this story......Read the first book first, then read the subsequent books AFTER....they make much more sense.....beautiful books of Angels and life.......worth the read.....

Falling Star 25-10-2010 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by annonafox
I love "Only Love is Real" So beautiful!

It is a very beautiful book. Have you read any of Dr Brian Weiss's other work?

I am reading "The Power" at the moment.