Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Buddhism (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Can someone remove another person's karma? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111591)

django 11-03-2017 03:35 AM

Can someone remove another person's karma?

Is it ever possible or warranted for a high level practitioner or Teacher to remove another persons karma or to go through it for/with them?

shiningstars 11-03-2017 03:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by django
Is it ever possible or warranted for a high level practitioner or Teacher to remove another persons karma or to go through it for/with them?

Why do you ask, django?

shiningstars

Jeremy Bong 11-03-2017 04:00 AM

Quote:

They'll surely tell you, they can . But can you see it or feel it , if you can't then how can you know it has been removed. Or just to comfort oneself or cheating.

My opinion is no human can or God also can't otherwise evil doers can do bad things and reduce it again and again. So what's karma for? Like an empty talk!

django 11-03-2017 04:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shiningstars
Why do you ask, django?

shiningstars

I'd only really like to say I ask for personal resaons, and I wonder what the Buddhist position would be :smile:

django 11-03-2017 04:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeremy Bong
They'll surely tell you, they can . But can you see it or feel it , if you can't then how can you know it has been removed. Or just to comfort oneself or cheating.

My opinion is no human can or God also can otherwise evil doers can do bad things and reduce it again and again. So what's karma for? Like an empty talk!

I agree Jeremy, it seems like it shouldn't be possible, it doesn't add up in one way, but I still wonder what the actual Buddhist attitude would be, there might be unusual circumstances in which it is permissible and doesn't violate a 'natural' law of karma?

Ground 11-03-2017 06:32 AM

Quote:

If there is belief in karma then there is karma.
If one who does not believe in karma causes another one to drop his/her belief in karma then the former has removed the latter's karma.

However removing another one's karma should not be confused with removing another's conditionings (psycho-mental habits) that he/she has acquired in his/her life starting with birth because although it is possible to remove another one's karma through removing his/her belief in karma it is not possible to remove another one's conditionings deliberately.
But under special conditions it is also possible to remove conditionings. It is just impossible to deliberately remove conditionings. And even if conditionings are removed by chance they are usually merely removed temporarily. But even if only removed temporarily this makes a great difference because then it is known that conditionings can be removed and how it is when they are removed.

sky 11-03-2017 07:30 AM

Quote:

No one can remove anothers karma, its' our own responsibility.

Shaunc 11-03-2017 09:11 AM

No. Your karma is your karma alone. It has to be faced if not in this lifetime then it must be faced in another.
By your question I assume that you're referring to bad karma, if I'm correct in my assumption then all you can really do is try to accumulate some good karma by performing some meritorious acts whenever you get the chance. Good luck and best wishes. Shaun.

jonesboy 11-03-2017 04:18 PM

It is possible to help someone remove Karma, but it is you that has to finally let go.

A real guru, can provide depth/silence to quiet the mind as well, by his presence the energy to help clear the obstructions/karma.

Ultimately, even with assistance of Divine Grace, one still has to let go..

sky 11-03-2017 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonesboy
It is possible to help someone remove Karma, but it is you that has to finally let go.

A real guru, can provide depth/silence to quiet the mind as well, by his presence the energy to help clear the obstructions/karma.

Ultimately, even with assistance of Divine Grace, one still has to let go..

What is a ' real guru ' ?