Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Quotes & Stories (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Quotes from the Masters and Teachers (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=48806)

Miss Hepburn 15-03-2013 02:48 AM

Quotes from the Masters and Teachers

Ram Dass~

Our interactions with one another reflect a dance between love and fear.

Miss Hepburn 15-03-2013 02:50 AM

Happiness is your nature. It is not wrong to desire it.
What is wrong is seeking it outside when it is inside.

~Ramana Maharshi

Nameless 15-03-2013 03:34 AM

I am the light and the way and the Soul of your Soul...

``Jesus``

Animus27 15-03-2013 06:54 AM

Just as a solid rock is not shaken by the storm, even so the wise are not affected by praise or blame. - Buddha Shakyamuni, Dhammapada

He said to his disciples, “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat, or about your body, what you will wear. For life is more than food, and the body more than clothing. Consider the ravens: they neither sow nor reap, they have neither storehouse nor barn, and yet God feeds them. Of how much more value are you than the birds! And can any of you by worrying add a single hour to your span of life? If then you are not able to do so small a thing as that, why do you worry about the rest? Consider the lilies, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not clothed like one of these. But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which is alive today and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, how much more will he clothe you—you of little faith! - Jesus of Nazareth, Gospel according to Luke 12:22-28

To find a buddha, you have to see your nature. Whoever sees his nature is a buddha. If you don't see your nature, invoking buddhas, reciting sutras, making offerings and keeping precepts are all useless. - Bodhidharma

Ah, so many more. Great topic :D

Animus27 15-03-2013 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nameless
I am the light and the way and the Soul of your Soul...

``Jesus``

Where did he say that? It sounds like a misquote of John 14:6. But I concede that he may have made a remark such as that in a noncanonical gospel; although, I don't recall it.

Ascension 15-03-2013 07:45 AM

I AM

``Jesus``

Bluegreen 15-03-2013 01:55 PM

"If the 'god' is not wiser, kinder etc. than you are, he is a false god--a simple litmus paper test."

Joan Grant

Miss Hepburn 15-03-2013 02:13 PM

I like these. I should have said, lesser known quotes...bec we know
a lot of the really famous ones already...but, they're all great.

"When the consciousness is freed it realizes that it was always free, except when
it accepted the illusion of time, of memory, of experiences, past and future; only
in living in the present is there freedom."

~ a Buddhist Rinpoche in "The Yoga of the Christ"

Miss Hepburn 15-03-2013 02:21 PM

"Every situation, properly perceived, becomes an opportunity to heal."

A Course In Miracles
(ACIM)

charly233 15-03-2013 02:25 PM

Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?

Bible - John 10:34.