Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Meditation (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Images during Meditation (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=114594)

ssdm1 27-06-2017 02:23 AM

Images during Meditation

I am new to meditation and have been doing an energy clearing meditation for a few months. Last evening when I did my meditation an image of a bouquet of red roses popped up in my mind. The image stayed through the first part of the meditation making it hard to concentrate.

I'd appreciate any thoughts on what happened. Thank you.

Ground 27-06-2017 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssdm1
I am new to meditation and have been doing an energy clearing meditation for a few months. Last evening when I did my meditation an image of a bouquet of red roses popped up in my mind. The image stayed through the first part of the meditation making it hard to concentrate.

I'd appreciate any thoughts on what happened. Thank you.

It is as you say: an image of a bouquet of red roses popped up in your mind.
What do you consider so special about it?

SaturninePluto 27-06-2017 10:03 AM

Hi.

Imagery during meditation is quite normal as I see it. I would not attempt to struggle against them. Personally I let them come and go, and continue to do what I am doing, and remain relaxed. It can be tough especially as you have said it made it difficult during a good while of the meditation. I would suggest you keep mediating as you have been, you seem to be doing fine.

I had an image of a bouquet of red roses yesterday night just before bed come to mind. Then again, I have been getting imagery of red roses for months now.

Often enough that it has become that I grow tired of seeing red roses, haha. :D

Imagery during meditation is merely an indication of communicating with the spirit world. Chances are in what you have said, it was merely the spirit world communicating with you.

Try not to worry about it too much, like I said try not to struggle against it too much as struggling can make concentration even harder. Try to relax, and welcome to the realm of meditation.

Best wishes. :smile:

peteyzen 27-06-2017 07:23 PM

images in meditation , in my experience are simply distractions, the mind playing tricks to take your focus away from the object of your meditation. Simply, re focus back onto the subject you are meditating on again.

stars 27-06-2017 07:33 PM

When I get images, they usually flash by pretty quick, so that is interesting that it stayed there for a noticeable amount of time. I can imagine how that would be distracting, and although they say that you are supposed to ignore images while meditating, perhaps if it was a message, it really needed to be received. Or a spirit was sending you healing, maybe the color red to heal your root chakra. Usually, though, if you try to focus your eyes in on it, it makes the image go away. Maybe try that?

as peteyzen said, it could also just be your own mind playing tricks. This is always possible, but it is still fun to see what your mind can come up with subconsciously. You can learn a lot about yourself that way.

Lolly 17-07-2017 12:57 AM

I see images that flash by quick too. I also see the colour light purple every time I meditate and sometimes I see the colour bright green. ssdm1 do you see colours? Does anybody know what that means?

Icrics 17-07-2017 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lolly
I see images that flash by quick too. I also see the colour light purple every time I meditate and sometimes I see the colour bright green. ssdm1 do you see colours? Does anybody know what that means?

My view is often full of indigo or purple colour when I meditate. Then I feel deeper spiritual connection and I see clear images, videos, feel emotions in body and almost everytime some of my body parts gets small or moderate pushes.

I think your bright green colour means deep loving and healing connection throug hearth chakra to the spirit world. Just my guess:smile:

Lolly 17-07-2017 02:22 PM

Thanks Icrics, I love seeing the colours, I've had white too. Occasionally I find it hard to image a white/gold light to surround me for protection at which point I generally stop and try again another day but I've had white twice which definitely wasn't my doing.

stars 18-07-2017 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lolly
Thanks Icrics, I love seeing the colours, I've had white too. Occasionally I find it hard to image a white/gold light to surround me for protection at which point I generally stop and try again another day but I've had white twice which definitely wasn't my doing.

I have heard that the colors are signs of the third eye being awakened, but I don't know if that is really the case. I have wondered if they directly correspond with the color of your aura at that time, as if it is a way to see your aura but with your eyes closed. The color I most often see is dark blue. I have seen green before. I have had flashes of white, but never as a prominent color.

Icrics 18-07-2017 06:56 PM

I see my aura as light green/turqoise from the mirror and hands, but I don't see that colour in meditation so dominant than purple or indigo. But I have also heard, that you can see aura colour in meditation. So, maybe seen bright green can be also aura colour :smile: