Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Meditation (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Getting past the nothingness stage (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=125174)

Lolly 15-09-2018 01:31 AM

Getting past the nothingness stage

What's after the nothingness stage of meditation?

betterdayswillcome 15-09-2018 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lolly
What's after the nothingness stage of meditation?

After that stage I start visualising things that are beyond my control, sometimes the images are nice other times not so much. The bad ones are usually our biggest fears but I am not too sure about the nice ones or the ones in the future. I then either stay in that stage or I connect to my higher self or someone else's higher self, it just depends.

FallingLeaves 15-09-2018 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by betterdayswillcome
After that stage I start visualising things that are beyond my control, sometimes the images are nice other times not so much. The bad ones are usually our biggest fears but I am not too sure about the nice ones or the ones in the future. I then either stay in that stage or I connect to my higher self or someone else's higher self, it just depends.

I was never able to visualize. If I'm just sitting there trying to be quiet I can hear something like wind in the mind though. Turning off the sound on the TV and being quiet is similar, all sorts of 'sounds' in the mind responding to the pictures... Even just being quiet and reading, I can hear the words resonating in the mind.

betterdayswillcome 20-09-2018 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
I was never able to visualize. If I'm just sitting there trying to be quiet I can hear something like wind in the mind though. Turning off the sound on the TV and being quiet is similar, all sorts of 'sounds' in the mind responding to the pictures... Even just being quiet and reading, I can hear the words resonating in the mind.

Oh really? That’s quite interesting. I can’t hear sound. I get to a stage where I can’t hear or see anything. When I connected to my higher self or someone else’s I don’t see or hear them I can just sense who it is. Last night I was taken to a city that was not my own and even though I couldn’t visualise it I still knew where I was.

Native spirit 20-09-2018 09:45 AM

The best thing I have done is visualise yourself sitting in a meadow full of wild flowers animals in the distance. with a path leading out.where you find a bench.you sit there and see who comes to you.

Namaste

FaithMD 20-09-2018 01:46 PM

For me, my body just starts to feel lighter and I almost can't feel what I am sitting on sometimes. It's pretty cool.

Lolly 13-10-2018 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by betterdayswillcome

I've always had images in the settling down, calming my mind phase but they've never been bad. I think only a few times I've had sound and a name in the nothingness phase which was a shocker but mostly I just float/hang there and never seem to go past it. I didn't know you could connect to someone else's higher self so that's something to think about, thanks betterdayswillcome its good to hear other peoples experiences :hug2:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Native spirit
The best thing I have done is visualise yourself sitting in a meadow full of wild flowers animals in the distance. with a path leading out.where you find a bench.you sit there and see who comes to you.

I've tried something similar on quite a few occasions Native spirit but nothing ever comes to me. After each attempt, I thought it was perhaps I wasn't letting go enough but then thought I wouldn't be in the nothingness phase if I wasn't letting go so its an odd one for sure. It could be I have expectations of what/who might come that I think I don't have before I start the session so I'll need to find a way round that :hug2:

Quote:

Originally Posted by FaithMD
For me, my body just starts to feel lighter and I almost can't feel what I am sitting on sometimes. It's pretty cool.

I can sometimes feel like that in the nothingness phase so maybe I'm closer to the next stage than I realise. Thanks FaithMD :hug2: