Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Reiki (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   toe jam (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=29783)

shifty123 31-01-2012 10:42 PM

toe jam

For the last 20 some years or so. Ive had to deal with a serious case of little critters living in one of my big toe nails. These critters enjoy living there so much. That they eventually took up residence in all my toes.

Last year just as i wae beginning to learn reiki. I had visited a foot doctor about the problem. Topical solutions really don't work and they have nasty side affects. I even had the toe doctor remove the sides of the big toe nails to prevent the nails from being in grown.

Recently that is almost about the time i saw the toe doctor. I started to do self reiki just one the toe that's bothering me the most. I usually do a couple of self reikis a day. But on weekends i do self reiki which includes the toe nail.

It was getting to the point in which i couldn't even touch the nail. Today i examined the nail. Although the critters are still living there.
The nails are way softer and not nearly as tender as they have been.

That's because i did consistent sessions just on the specific toes. And it's working.

Gracey 31-01-2012 10:43 PM

good for you!

shifty123 31-01-2012 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gracey
good for you!

I am at the crawling faze of Reiki. Im am looking foward to helping othees as well.

Sarian 01-02-2012 12:41 AM

I thought toe jam was some lint collection gathering in between your toes and getting all moist and smelly?

Your doctor can't give you something to treat the fungus? How is reiki supposed to help? I'm not too familiar with Reiki. I've always wanted to try it, but it's expensive.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/nail-fungus/DS00084

http://toenail-fungus.org/

eow..yes, this is toe jam, what I was thinking..

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/neal-m..._b_894133.html

so do you have toe jam or a toe fungus?

res 01-02-2012 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarian
How is reiki supposed to help? I'm not too familiar with Reiki. I've always wanted to try it, but it's expensive.

Thats a great question. The body has limited reserves of healing energy to combat any illness in the body. Reiki is a way of amplifying the amount of energy which is directed to a specific area to assit combatting the illness. In this case the illness (fungus) is a living thing and the energy may well assist the fungus in its cause if directed to the actual infected area.

Gday Stogster, You may get even better results if you use visualisation techniques to push the healing energy into the toes and force the fungus out of the toenail. Maybe bring the energy up through the chakra in the sole of each foot and push it out the end of your toes.

Also do some work to build up your immune system and meet the fungy at the front line.

If you want to take this to a more intense level, move your awareness from your mind down through your body and down to your toe where the infection starts. Use your minds eye like a laser and blast the fungus away. Its important to spend some time doing this to focus a lot of intent and dont miss any of the little buggers.

Hope this helps :smile:

sound 01-02-2012 09:41 AM

Have you tried Tea Tree oil ... it is a natural anti-fungal. I lived in the Bundjalung area and can personally vouch for its authenticity ...

The indigenous Bundjalung people of eastern Australia use “tea trees” as a traditional medicine by inhaling the oils from the crushed leaves to treat coughs and colds. They also sprinkle leaves on wounds, after which a poultice is applied. In addition, tea tree leaves are soaked to make an infusion to treat sore throats or skin ailments.[2][3]
Use of the oil itself, as opposed to the unextracted plant material, did not become common practice until researcher Arthur Penfold published the first reports of its antimicrobial activity in a series of papers in the 1920s and 1930s. In evaluating the antimicrobial activity of M. alternifolia, tea tree oil was rated as 11 times more active than phenol.[4]
The commercial tea tree oil industry was born after the medicinal properties of the oil were first reported by Penfold in the 1920s. It was produced from natural bush stands of M. alternifolia that produced oil with the appropriate chemotype. The plant material was hand cut and often distilled on the spot in makeshift, mobile, wood-fired bush stills.

Production ebbed after World War II, as demand for the oil declined, presumably due to the development of effective antibiotics and the waning image of natural products. Interest in the oil was rekindled in the 1970s as part of the general renaissance of interest in natural products. Commercial plantations were established in the 1970s and 1980s, which led to mechanization and large-scale production of a consistent essential oil product.[5]
Among over 98 compounds contained in the oil, terpinen-4-ol is responsible for most of the antimicrobial activity.[6]
Although tea tree oil normally is extracted from Melaleuca alternifolia commercially, it can also be extracted from Melaleuca dissitiflora and Melaleuca linariifolia. Tea tree oil is defined by international standard ISO 4730 (2004) ("Oil of Melaleuca, Terpinen-4-ol type"), which specifies levels of 15 components which are needed to define the oil as "tea tree oil."

Resource -Wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tea_tree_oil

res 01-02-2012 10:03 AM

Hey Sound, is bundjalung around the Tuncurry NSW area? I went to Tuncurry for a bike run and looked at what looked to be a filthy creek that run through the mangroves to the ocean. I soon learnt that it was brown due to the stain from the tea trees and was virtually a huge pool of antimicrobial tea and very theraputic.

sound 01-02-2012 10:21 AM

Hey res ... Bundjalung is up on the far north Coast of NSW ... sort of between Yamba/Angowrie and Ballina ...
but yes ... there are loads of Tea Tree plants in that area you are talking about ... it is quite fascinating the way it stains the water and runs out to sea.

Here are some pics ... this area is dear to my heart :)

Tea Tree Plantation

Bundjalung Country

sound 01-02-2012 10:41 AM

Sorry to digress there stogey ... if nothing else it added a little colour to the thread lol ... nothing like keeping 'afoot' with whats new :D :hug3:

shifty123 01-02-2012 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by res
Thats a great question. The body has limited reserves of healing energy to combat any illness in the body. Reiki is a way of amplifying the amount of energy which is directed to a specific area to assit combatting the illness. In this case the illness (fungus) is a living thing and the energy may well assist the fungus in its cause if directed to the actual infected area.

Gday Stogster, You may get even better results if you use visualisation techniques to push the healing energy into the toes and force the fungus out of the toenail. Maybe bring the energy up through the chakra in the sole of each foot and push it out the end of your toes.

Also do some work to build up your immune system and meet the fungy at the front line.

If you want to take this to a more intense level, move your awareness from your mind down through your body and down to your toe where the infection starts. Use your minds eye like a laser and blast the fungus away. Its important to spend some time doing this to focus a lot of intent and dont miss any of the little buggers.

Hope this helps :smile:

I think that subconsciously i do just that. Direct the energy towards a specific area. Just like in chakra healings. We may or may not have a limited amount of energy. But the more i practice. The more proficient i get. I do self reiki at least one short and one mediim length session per day.

Then im sending at least one distance healing and attunement per day. Unless my energy gets low. Than i may give it a day to build up. Jist like in playing a musical instrument. The more you practice the easier ot gets. So eventually you need less e energy to accomplish similar tasks.

I sure would have liked to have known about this when i was younger.