Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Interfaith (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Which is your favorite explaination of the truth? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=5823)

Honza 05-11-2010 08:58 PM

Which is your favorite explaination of the truth?

In this day and age of spiritual discernment and new age teaching, when people like us can learn about all the worlds religions, do you have a preference for the best teachings?

Out of all the spiritual teachings on earth which one explains the truth to you the best?

I must admit that the simple Judaic version of the truth still holds it for me. I still like the idea of a father God ruling over us.

Do you have a favorite version of reality? Which spiritual teaching is it?

Perry J 05-11-2010 09:30 PM

Anything that makes me see that I AM reality, is my favorite version of reality. No teaching covers the whole reality. But each one of all teachings may have some signs, some arrows pointing me further. A central idea is the Looking at myself . Every religion has their version of Jesus' word: See the beam in your own eye. And every teacher living today (Eckhart Tolle, Adyashanti, Byron Katie, Kim Michaels, Jed McKenna, John Sherman...), all have as their most central message: Look at YOU. Even Rumi, the Sufi poet (Islam!). It's all about looking, and the looking does the job. No, it is not about selfishness. You realize that that what sees, is Reality...

Reality is to be experienced. Reality is not about believing in a description of reality.

Here is John Sherman. Listen to him, and realize that the only thing he says is Look at yourself.
http://www.johnsherman.org/john_sherman_videos/

psychoslice 05-11-2010 09:34 PM

Be Still and know that I AM God.

Chrysaetos 05-11-2010 09:47 PM

I see all beliefs and religions as cultural phenomena, so I can't really say that I have a favourite one. I see fallacies and assumptions in all of them.
They are all limited by their culture, climate, environment etc.

Today, some beliefs somehow appear to be ''universal'' only because of the process of globalisation. None of them are really telling us the truth, but teach us to revere feelings and the subjectiveness of experiences. There isn't any spiritual teaching or religion to be found that really knows their stuff about life and the universe.

I'm trying to think about a tradition that is my favourite, but I can't think of one. ;D

eraser 06-11-2010 03:19 AM

I share much of my belief system with that of many aboriginal peoples -- that all living things have spirit, that all life is interconnected and must be respected.

inspirit 06-11-2010 04:53 AM

Jesus's teachings, but not necessarily biblical teachings.

sound 06-11-2010 04:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Honza
In this day and age of spiritual discernment and new age teaching, when people like us can learn about all the worlds religions, do you have a preference for the best teachings?

Out of all the spiritual teachings on earth which one explains the truth to you the best?

I must admit that the simple Judaic version of the truth still holds it for me. I still like the idea of a father God ruling over us.

Do you have a favorite version of reality? Which spiritual teaching is it?

I have a soft spot for this version called life on earth ... it resonates like nothing else :hug3:

pre-dawn 06-11-2010 06:45 AM

The best teachings is Zen because it aims to, and eventually does, destroy all intellectualizations like this thread topic, for example.

Elijah 06-11-2010 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pre-dawn
The best teachings is Zen because it aims to, and eventually does, destroy all intellectualizations like this thread topic, for example.

Yes, that can be handy..
I think non-dual teachings point the clearest to me.
A lot of the traditional stuff can be too muddy, it's good today that things are being watered down.

Summerland 06-11-2010 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eraser
I share much of my belief system with that of many aboriginal peoples -- that all living things have spirit, that all life is interconnected and must be respected.

Eraser expresses my beliefs more clearly and much more concisely than I would have done. May I adopt that phrase, eraser?:hug3: