Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Buddhism (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   why are Buddhists so... (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=115690)

Gem 29-09-2017 04:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sky123
Which falsehoods please ???????

It going toward the right and wrong game, so falsehood is necessary. But true enough to say meditation is universal. What is meant by that doesn't preclude any tradition, it just means a person's tradition doesn't matter when it comes to meditation.

jonesboy 29-09-2017 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gem
It going toward the right and wrong game, so falsehood is necessary. But true enough to say meditation is universal. What is meant by that doesn't preclude any tradition, it just means a person's tradition doesn't matter when it comes to meditation.

The member didn't ask about universal methods of meditation.

The member asked about BUDDHIST methods and techniques which seems to be impossible for certain members to provide even in the Buddhist section.

It really seems like the people who hang out in the Buddhist section are more geared towards discouraging Buddhist beliefs and practices than anything else.

This thread is another perfect example as the comments and justifications clearly demonstrate.

I hope that the mod team is starting to catch on to such behavior and would start to address the situation.

sky 29-09-2017 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonesboy

The member asked about BUDDHIST methods and techniques which seems to be impossible for certain members to provide even in the Buddhist section.

It really seems like the people who hang out in the Buddhist section are more geared towards discouraging Buddhist beliefs and practices than anything else.

This thread is another perfect example as the comments and justifications clearly demonstrate.

I hope that the mod team is starting to catch on to such behavior and would start to address the situation.

BlueSky 29-09-2017 04:10 PM

Quote:

What is a Buddhist belief or practice? With all the different possible answers to that question, many times conflicting with each other, who would decide what will be acceptable to be posted in this section of the forum?

Silver 29-09-2017 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueSky
What is a Buddhist belief or practice? With all the different possible answers to that question, many times conflicting with each other, who would decide what will be acceptable to be posted in this section of the forum?

Which parts do you think are conflicting with each other?

Silver 29-09-2017 04:26 PM

Quote:

You're still on this, eh? I explained to you what he most likely meant by that, and he didn't disagree with what I said.

Try to read the thread as a whole, and not just what one person said. I'd be interested to know why you would zero in on just Jonesy.

Silver 29-09-2017 04:34 PM

Quote:

I don't always agree with you, but this ^ ^ ^ I do for the most part.

In the meantime, we still have to attempt to smooth things over and stay on an even keel. I think Buddhism and Buddhism practices is great for maintaining that even keel.

sky 29-09-2017 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silver
You're still on this, eh? I explained to you what he most likely meant by that, and he didn't disagree with what I said.

Try to read the thread as a whole, and not just what one person said. I'd be interested to know why you would zero in on just Jonesy.

Yes I am as I still haven't recieved an answer, is that ok ?

Silver 29-09-2017 05:04 PM

Quote:

Yes I am as I still haven't recieved an answer, is that ok ?

Of course.

You still haven't answered my question.

jonesboy 29-09-2017 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silver
I don't always agree with you, but this ^ ^ ^ I do for the most part.

In the meantime, we still have to attempt to smooth things over and stay on an even keel. I think Buddhism and Buddhism practices is great for maintaining that even keel.

It is nice to know someone else sees the same thing.

Also, your response to my post was dead on.

Thank you.